PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Introduces Bacon Taco Shell

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
by Zoe Bain - Delish

http://i.imgur.com/qJl6CfP.jpg

Did you think that the bacon trend might finally wane in 2013? Think again. Taking a page from Taco Bell's book (remember Doritos Locos Tacos?), a restaurant in Philadelphia constructed a taco shell out of an unorthodox food: bacon.

According to the Huffington Post, PYT restaurant in Philadelphia will sell bacon taco shell tacos for a limited time. The burger joint will only make 20 bacon tacos per day, probably due to the fact that the shells take some work to make. PYT's Facebook page explains that the tacos are filled with, "a taco seasoned beef burger, shredded cheddar & pepper jack cheese, shredded lettuce, fresh pico de gallo and an avocado & cilantro ranch sauce."

While PYT employees can take credit for being the first fast-casual restaurant to serve a bacon taco shell, they are definitely not the first people to come up with the idea. In fact, the bacon taco has been a popular forum in the blogosphere for quite some time now. A quick search online reveals several different blog posts with photos and directions for making a bacon taco shell.

One site, bacontoday.com, suggests making the Bacos (their special name for the bacon tacos) by weaving a bacon shell out of raw bacon and then baking it in the oven over easily constructed homemade aluminum foil molds. The result? Your very own Baco.

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
I love bacon but I don't know if I could eat this.

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
looks salty

Acid Trip
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Oh hell, now I have to try it.

Griffin
01-22-2013, 11:01 PM
bacon strip...taco...next it'll be a muffeletta

Muddy
01-22-2013, 11:25 PM