PDA

View Full Version : Just found someone pretending to be me... well kinda.

Softdreamer
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Just google'd Softdreamer, and found a blogtv account using a fansign "Vindy's girlfriend" posted for me a year or so back.

:machinegun:

They had called themselves SoftDreamer, and used the fansign pic to attract traffic I think

I sent a message asking them to remove the pic, and shut the account, then reported the account.[-([-(

Has anyone else ever been a victim of online identity theft??

Southern Belle
04-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Not me!

MrsM
04-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Actually - I never looked

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2011, 03:52 AM
:lol:

Nobody wants to pretend to be me.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-19-2011, 11:15 AM
*assumes DGX's identity*

:spy:

Noilly Pratt
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Not online but I did have a credit card taken from my mail before I even got it...don't know how as i get to-the-door delivery.

Found out about it when someone signing his name as Manjit signed for a 52" LCD TV using my card, and since the name and the card didn't match, they phoned and checked.

It was all over the news here a few years back. Got a knock at the door from the RCMP with my card and the officer gave me a big thank you for assisting in stopping the ring of thefts around here.

Only rotten thing is, if I use any of my cards outside of my normal area, they're automatically "flagged" and sometimes I have to phone in and say "yeah, i'm on vacation...let me use the card!!" 4 years afterwards!!

Noilly Pratt
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
That's weird..there's a TylerPratt38 just signed in. No relation whatsoever, for the record!

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
*assumes DGX's identity*

:spy:

[-(

You can't pull it off. My identity's too pretty.

MrsM
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I googled MrsM - I found some of my pics posted - but no one trying to be me :dance: (at least so far)

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
I googled MrsM - I found some of my pics posted - but no one trying to be me :dance: (at least so far)

No offense, dear, but the MrsM username isn't exactly unique. I've encountered it probably about 20 times before I met you.

Goofy
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
I googled Goofy........

:mrgreen:

MrsM
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
No offense, dear, but the MrsM username isn't exactly unique. I've encountered it probably about 20 times before I met you.

I'm ok with other people being MrsM - just not posting my pics pretending to be me. ;)

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm ok with other people being MrsM - just not posting my pics pretending to be me. ;)

:-k

I guess I should stop doing that then. And thank you for that, the outfits just don't work with my body type.

8-[

MrsM
:lmao: GDX - you crack me up

Godfather
That's kind of lame :wha:

I had friends find themselves on the internet... someone had taken their facebook pictures (these girls are smoking hot) and pretended to be them. Very creepy...

DemonGeminiX
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
That's kind of lame :wha:

I had friends find themselves on the internet... someone had taken their facebook pictures (these girls are smoking hot) and pretended to be them. Very creepy...

:-s

Have you ever tried pretending to impersonate a fat Marlon Brando?

Hal-9000
04-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Nobody wants to pretend to be me.

a couple of mooks pm'ed me at AS, claiming I was HAL9000 from another forum.They didn't ask me, they told me :lol:

the spelling was slightly different and I had never posted at the linked forum....still these guys persisted.I finally had to tell them I had no interest
in the other forum content and no secrets to hide.The other hal was a complete dick in some of his posts I read...like really nasty :lol: