PDA

View Full Version : Man Who Voiced Charlie Brown Arrested After Threatening Plastic Surgeon

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2013, 11:30 AM
By Seth Abramovitch | The Hollywood Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/UjTkmpt.jpg

The man who voiced Charlie Brown has been arrested after allegedly having threatened violence against a plastic surgeon from La Jolla, Calif., and a San Diego police sergeant.

According to court and arrest records, the surgeon, Dr. Lori Saltz, obtained a temporary restraining order against Peter Robbins, 56, in a January 3 hearing. According to court papers, Robbins threatened to "break her in half" after claiming she'd botched a procedure on his girlfriend.

Robbins was later incarcerated on January 13, for what police say was a dine-and-dash incident at a La Jolla restaurant. That's when Robbins allegedly threatened a police officer with physical harm after he had been put in handcuffs.

Robbins has been arrested and is scheduled for arraignment on Wednesday on five felony charges: four felony counts of making a threat to cause death or great bodily injury and one felony count of stalking, according to the San Diego County jail website.

Robbins was taken into custody shortly after 8 p.m. on Sunday by San Diego Country Sheriff's Department deputies at San Ysidro Port of Entry in California while re-entering the United States from Tijuana, Mexico, the Union-Tribune reports.

He was booked early Monday morning and is being held on $550,000 bail. It's still unclear if the charges are related to one or both incidents.

It's been 46 years since Peter Robbins was chosen to voice the character of Charlie Brown in a series of animated Peanuts TV specials that would become beloved holiday classics. His weary, sensitive speaking inflections perfectly captured Charles Schulz's put-upon antihero.

It's Robbins' boyhood voice we hear saying of a tiny, emaciated Christmas tree, "I think it needs me," in A Charlie Brown Christmas. And it's Robbins who repeatedly bemoans, "I got a rock," every time he checks his trick-or-treat bag in It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

A resident of San Diego, Robbins goes by Peter "Charlie Brown" Robbins on Facebook, where he answers fans' questions about his connection to the beloved Schulz character.

perrhaps
01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Good grief!

Acid Trip
01-24-2013, 04:02 PM
He was booked early Monday morning and is being held on $550,000 bail.

:wtf:

$550,000 bail? Murders rarely get bail that high.