PDA

View Full Version : Police: Girl, 12, Tried to Rob Highland Store at Gunpoint

Teh One Who Knocks
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
By ROOP RAJ - WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

HIGHLAND, Mich. (WJBK) - Sheriff's deputies say a twelve-year-old girl walked into the Country Lake Food Center with a nine millimeter gun demanding cash. Employees say she's a regular. They recognized her.

The girl can be heard crying on the 911 dispatch. She was held down as employees waited for deputies.

"She pointed a gun to me. I thought it was a joke at first," a store employee said on the 911 call.

The girl was allegedly wearing a bandana over her face and black-colored clothing.

One employee called 911 while another held the girl down.

Investigators say the motive was money.

"How were they trying to rob you," the worker was asked on the 911 call. She responded, "She basically had a mask on and pointed a gun to me … She's on the floor right now."

The dispatcher went on to ask who was holding her down. The woman replied, "One of my employees."

Where would a twelve-year-old get a gun like that? According to investigators, she got it from her neighbor. She had a key to the house and knew exactly where it was kept. The Oakland County Sheriff's Department says there may be charges for stealing that weapon.

As of right now, the twelve-year-old will be charged as a juvenile with armed robbery. She's being housed at the Children's Village in Oakland County.

Sources tell FOX 2 the girl comes from a family where there may have been some problems as of late and that her mother had been working two jobs. It's unclear if those problems played any role in what the girl is accused of doing.

"I think there's a lot bigger need than money in her life. That's what I would assume," one person told us.

"That's pretty incredible, someone that young starting out like this. That's not very good," another said.

Fodster
04-20-2011, 01:31 AM
:ffs:

What is this world coming too...

Hal-9000
04-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Neighbor should get a swift kick in the nuts...show where the gun is kept, give her a key and assume a 12 yr old can make the right choices with it...ffs