PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong Accused Of Shunning Dying Dad, Branded ‘Hypocrite’ For Refusal To Forgive Him

Teh One Who Knocks
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
By Radar Staff

http://i.imgur.com/fAz4vcp.png

Lance Armstrong continues his spectacular fall from grace – earning yet another black mark against him – courtesy of a bombshell new report that claims he coldly turned his back on his dying father.

“Lance Armstrong is a hypocrite!” The disgraced cyclist’s stepmother, Rebecca Gunderson, asserts in an exclusive interview with The National Enquirer.

Rebecca goes on to claim that Lance’s biological father Eddie Gunderson, a newspaper contractor from Dallas, Texas, died from a septic infection on June 25, 2012 at age 59, thereby robbing him of one last chance to make peace with the son he had abandoned when he was just 2-years-old.

“[Lance Armstrong] is begging the world for forgiveness, but he wouldn’t give his own father a second chance. He makes me sick,” Eddie’s widow fumes.

Rebecca shares details of how Gunderson was left heartbroken after he reached out to his estranged son in a desperate attempt to make amends with him before his death, but Armstrong flatly refused to speak to or see him.

“I saw Eddie cry over this many, many nights,” Rebecca recalls. “His last wish was to see Lance once before he died, but that never happened.”

DemonGeminiX
01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I don't know about this one. If my grandfather had reached out to me and my siblings before he died after having abandoned my mother when she was a kid and telling her as an adult that he didn't want her or her kids in his life, we would've told him to go fuck himself and enjoy his life in hell.

Muddy
01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
My gut always told me this guy was a prick..

DemonGeminiX
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
I honestly don't blame Armstrong on this one.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I honestly don't blame Armstrong on this one.

He's being a total hypocrite though

DemonGeminiX
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
He's being a total hypocrite though

I don't think so. It's apples and oranges to me.

redred
01-30-2013, 02:18 PM
he'll kill himself soon ,then i get death list points

FBD
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I don't know about this one. If my grandfather had reached out to me and my siblings before he died after having abandoned my mother when she was a kid and telling her as an adult that he didn't want her or her kids in his life, we would've told him to go fuck himself and enjoy his life in hell.

good thing luke didnt feel the same way about darth vader :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
good thing luke didnt feel the same way about darth vader :lol:

:nono:

Vader didn't abandon his kids. He didn't know about them until after the Battle of Yavin.

Oh, and Luke was made to believe that his father was dead before he found out otherwise in Empire.

FBD
01-30-2013, 03:35 PM
hm, correct, somewhere in between yavin & empire. damn analogies, only so applicable :lol:

Acid Trip
01-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Lance Armstrong is a hypocrite and a god damn liar. Come to think of it, he and the POTUS have a lot in common!

Godfather
01-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Lance Armstrong is a hypocrite and a god damn liar. Come to think of it, he and the POTUS have a lot in common!

http://i.imgur.com/O5COALR.gif

RBP
01-31-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm with DGX on this one... I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Then again idk why I even commented, I couldn't give a shit about all this :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-31-2013, 06:09 AM
I'm with DGX on this one... I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Then again idk why I even commented, I couldn't give a shit about all this :lol:

It has nothing to do with it at all... it's just the usual media piling on the bad guy over every little detail every chance they get. Nitpicking. It's never enough until the bad guy's crucified and set on fire by the masses at large as a pariah. Yeah, Lance lied his ass off, he betrayed people's trust and let down a nation, but I guarantee you, if you turned over every stone in that sport, you'd find the same things going on with 99% of the athletes in that sport.

For all the people that have never been willfully abandoned by a family member that should have been there, those people will never understand. Forgiveness is just not possible. When a man that's abandoned his family is reaching out to them on his deathbed, he's only thinking of himself. It's all about him, making himself feel better about the transgressions he knew he committed on others. He's asking for the consideration that he didn't give those that he left behind. He had every chance in the world his entire life to make things right. Every chance. He could have been there to be a positive influence in their lives. Maybe things would've been different, maybe things would've been better for the people he hurt. But he turned his back on his family like a fucking coward. He committed the wrong.

It's not the victim's responsibility to make things right. It's never the victim's responsibility.