PDA

View Full Version : Pensioner caught with prostitutes three times in the same evening in Bristol

redred
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oy1JlaH.jpg

A PENSIONER has been given an ASBO after being caught with prostitutes three times in one evening.

Derek Edwards, 69, was repeatedly picked up by police as he visited Bristol on January 8.

After he was released on the first two occasions, Edwards could not restrain himself and returned to satisfy his desires.

Edwards, who lives in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, but is originally from Wales, has now been banned from four identified "red light zones" in the city.

Bristol Magistrates' Court heard yesterday that Edwards paid a total of £65 to three different women, each known to the police as prostitutes.

Prosecuting, Jeremy Oliver said Edwards "showed a degree of persistence".

"I don't think I have ever seen such a degree of persistence in my time," Mr Oliver added.

Edwards was first spotted in East Park, off Fishponds Road in Eastville, at around 7.30pm in the company of a known sex worker. When the police caught up with him, Edwards was lying on his back with the woman performing a sexual act on him.

Mr Oliver said police were told Edwards had paid the woman £25.

He was allowed to go but an hour and a half later he was spotted on Stapleton Road, Easton, talking to another prostitute.

"He was next seen opening his wallet and walking up to the train station," Mr Oliver said.

When police went to Stapleton Road station they found Edwards with his trouser zip undone.

He was taken to a police station, where he told officers he had paid £20 for a sexual service.

The court heard he was bailed at 11.35pm but half an hour later he was spotted again on CCTV – this time approaching a sex worker in Portland Square, St Paul's.

The police tracked the two to Temple Meads station, where the prostitute had performed a sexual act in the public toilets in return for £20.

Mr Oliver said: "He was arrested again and fully admitted what he did."

Edwards' solicitor told magistrates he had come to Bristol for an unconnected reason but had been drinking before the arrests.

He said: "I can say on his behalf, that he is not by any means proud."

Presiding magistrate Rosemary Kirwan fined Edwards £150 after he admitted three charges of soliciting a prostitute for sexual services in a public place.

He was ordered to pay £85 in costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

Ms Kirwan also imposed an Anti-Social Behaviour Order, which will last two years and restrict Edwards from entering four areas of the city identified by Avon and Somerset police as red light zones.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Pensioner-caught-prostitutes-times-evening/story-18009537-detail/story.html