PDA

View Full Version : 4-year-old served alcohol at Chicago restaurant

Teh One Who Knocks
04-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Girl thought she was drinking a chocolate shake at a Chili's restaurant
WGN-TV News

CHICAGO— A 4-year-old girl thought she was drinking a chocolate shake last night at a Chili's restaurant on the far South Side, but she was actually served a "Mudslide" -- made with vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's Irish Cream.

Tyree Davis took her daughter, Brooklynn, to dinner Sunday at the Chili's restaurant on 119th Street.

When Brooklynn's drink order came, she took about four sips with a straw before letting her mother know it tasted strange.

Her mother says she tried it and knew immediately that it was alcoholic.

At about the same time, their waitress approached with the correct milkshake order and acknowledged the mistake. Davis says she was told the waitress had only worked there a week and didn't know that milkshakes and bar drinks are served in very different glassware.

Davis says the manager came and apologized, and offered to pick up the tab, but she had already called police and photographed the two beverages.

She then took Brooklynn to Metro South Hospital, where doctors treated the little girl for alcohol overdose.

"She was intoxicated. She was closing her eyes for a minute at a time, and she was telling me that her stomach hurt and her head hurt, and she just wanted to lay down," Davis tells WGN. "Once we got to the hospital, her dad came and she was like, haywire."

Davis says she doesn't want this to happen to any other family.

Chili's franchise states its initial findings reveal conflicting details and that "the drink in question was served to an adult, in glass barware, not to a child or in a kids' cup."

The child's mother says she didn't order any alcohol.

Hal-9000
04-20-2011, 02:12 AM
wait....didn't we have a recent story about a child getting served a tequila drink in another restaurant?

I wonder how often this happens and the kids say nothing

Godfather
04-20-2011, 02:13 AM
:lol: That was at an Applebie's (sp?) I think

I'm of legal age and nobody ever serves me liquor by mistake :lol: What the hell is that all about..

Hal-9000
04-20-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm of legal age and nobody ever serves me liquor by mistake :lol: What the hell is that all about..

good point :lol:

I still remember when Smitty's got licensed (breakfast restaurant) and we all went in there one Sunday morning.Ordered toast as food was a requisite and then proceeded to drink jugs of draught until
we got punted out :lol: Thrown out of an establishment at 11:15 am for intoxication...one of my finest moments

Griffin
04-20-2011, 02:35 AM
I love when that happens!:burp: