PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming says "F**k You Obama!"

Acid Trip
01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
This is how a Republic is supposed to work! The bold (last sentence) is an opinion I have a strong disagreement with. Nothing about buying and selling guns in a state can be regulated by the Federal government. It's not "interstate commerce" and therefore they have no authority to regulate it.

Wyoming House Approves Bills Exempting State From Federal Gun Control Measures

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/wyoming-house-approves-bills-exempting-state-from-federal-gun-control-measures/

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Faced with the prospect of new federal gun restrictions, the Wyoming House gave initial approval Wednesday to bills that sponsors say would exempt guns in the state from new regulations while possibly taking the fight to criminals who might choose to attack public schools.

The House voted in favor of a bill that would seek to block the federal government from restricting assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. It amended the bill to specify that federal officials who tried to enforce any ban would be subject to state misdemeanor charges instead of felony charges.

President Barack Obama has called for re-instituting a federal assault weapons ban following the massacre of 20 Connecticut first-graders by a gunman last month.

The House on Wednesday also gave preliminary approval to a bill that would allow citizens who hold concealed carry permits to carry guns on campuses of public schools, colleges and the University of Wyoming.

Rep. Kendell Kroeker, R-Evansville, sponsored the bill to exempt assault rifles and magazines from federal control. He said Wyoming should get its position on record before a new federal ban comes down.

“It is clearly a different case than trying to nullify something that’s already in existence,” Kroeker said.

Rep. Mary Throne, a Democrat and attorney in Cheyenne, said some states have tried such nullification laws in the past. She said such efforts were common in the years before the civil war and then during the civil rights movement, when some segregationist states tried to ignore federal law and practice nullification of federal laws.

“If we want to make a statement we can do it, but let’s not let’s not pretend that it’s consistent with the Constitution, because it’s not,” Throne said.

Acid Trip
01-31-2013, 09:56 PM
And comparing gun ownership rights to civil rights or slavery is just plain stupid.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2013, 09:59 PM
:dance:

Loser
02-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Not to burst peoples bubbles, but federal law supercedes state. ;)

KevinD
02-01-2013, 05:16 AM
And comparing gun ownership rights to civil rights or slavery is just plain stupid.

No, not really, as the civil war wasn't about "slaves". It was about states rights.

Not to burst peoples bubbles, but federal law supercedes state. ;)

I respectfully disagree and direct your attention to the 9th:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Leefro
02-01-2013, 05:32 AM
It is getting a bit tiresome and pointless this gun ownership thing

Nothing will change just people will kill people with whatever they have at their disposal

Loser
02-01-2013, 06:38 AM

They cannot outright ban you from owning a firearm, but they can ban what type of firearms you own by restricting why types of firearms can be sold to civilians.

Interstate commerce laws.

Loser
02-01-2013, 06:44 AM
As for the 9th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_preemption

Federal preemption refers to the invalidation of a US state law when it conflicts with Federal law.

According to the Supremacy Clause (Article VI, clause 2) of the United States Constitution,

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

FBD
02-01-2013, 02:18 PM
They cannot outright ban you from owning a firearm, but they can ban what type of firearms you own by restricting why types of firearms can be sold to civilians.

Nope not interstate commerce - those restrictions are state level. Powers not enumerated are relegated to states.

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Nope not interstate commerce - those restrictions are state level. Powers not enumerated are relegated to states.

Not Interstate commerce, but the Commerce Clause found in Article 1 of the Constitution. It gives Congress the ability to, among other things:

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commerce_Clause

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
No, not really, as the civil war wasn't about "slaves". It was about states rights.

States right which included slavery. Ownership over another human being is about as despicable as you can get. A perfect example of when a federal law i needed.

Had the South not been so adamant about slavery there wouldn't have been succession or war. I'm curious as to what "states right" you think the South thought so important to go to war over.

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Not Interstate commerce, but the Commerce Clause found in Article 1 of the Constitution. It gives Congress the ability to, among other things:

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."

Among meaning "between states" (interstate). A state that produces it's own weapons and sells them within the state never crosses any boundaries (intrastate).

There is a big difference.

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Among meaning "between states" (interstate). A state that produces it's own weapons and sells them within the state never crosses any boundaries (intrastate).

There is a big difference.

Go tell that to Congress.

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Go tell that to Congress.

I can't help they don't understand the English language. :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Learn Spanish.

:P

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Learn Spanish.

Yo entiendo Espanol. Vivo en Tejas...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Yo Quiero Taco Bell?

:-s

RBP
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
pew. pew. pew.

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Yo Quiero Taco Bell?

:-s

Doritos locos tacos solemente

FBD
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM

Go to the dictionary and look up what the definition of commerce is. This is nothing but an overreach of federal "powers" trying to apply this here. They may be able to restrict a business selling certain weapons interstate or international, but anything beyond that is overstepping bounds. This is the kind of shit I'm talking about when we talk about people being conditioned to accept damn near any level of federal involvement. Explained away to the hilt over and over again by the commerce clause that was intended to prevent trade wars between the states, or the general welfare clause which has been extrapolated to mean "anything the government can think of that might be good for you."

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Go to the dictionary and look up what the definition of commerce is. This is nothing but an overreach of federal "powers" trying to apply this here. They may be able to restrict a business selling certain weapons interstate or international, but anything beyond that is overstepping bounds. This is the kind of shit I'm talking about when we talk about people being conditioned to accept damn near any level of federal involvement. Explained away to the hilt over and over again by the commerce clause that was intended to prevent trade wars between the states, or the general welfare clause which has been extrapolated to mean "anything the government can think of that might be good for you."

:+1:

Leefro
02-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Does it matter

Guns will not be banned in USA ever

Pointless

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Guns will not be banned in USA ever

:woot:

Leefro
02-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Learn Spanish.

IBIDFISAPJPDFCNFBFDNDSDFSJFOSDFBNCNB Rico Suave

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
:woot:

:woot: :woot:

Leefro
02-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks so we have come to the same conclusion

Delete the thread and no more gun talk

Pointless

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
You could always go comment on the purple kidney stones I passed out in the Tuscon desert.

:d

FBD
02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
or you could go read about Joe Biden admitting all of these gun control measures wont change a damn thing about the possibility of another mass murder happening.

oh, wait, that's on topic :dance:

Acid Trip
02-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks so we have come to the same conclusion

Delete the thread and no more gun talk

Pointless

No, not the same conclusion. I just thought it was funny that you could see the future and we couldn't.

As for deleting the thread, if you don't like the topic don't open it.

Leefro
02-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't like it's true but I had to open it to put my post in it

Leefro
02-01-2013, 05:54 PM
You could always go comment on the purple kidney stones I passed out in the Tuscon desert.

:d

Were they pointless like the gun topic in the US ?