PDA

View Full Version : Woman finds lost wallet in Georgia store, hands out money to her kids instead of turning it in

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
By Victoria Cavaliere / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/3VaIY2e.jpg

Finders keepers.

A woman who found a lost wallet in a Kohl’s department store in Georgia didn’t waste any time trying to locate the owner, instead stripping it of its cash and handing out the money to her kids.

The incident was caught on surveillance video at the Fayeteville store.

The rightful owner of the wallet, Joseph Smith, is in seminary school. He was shopping with his wife Lillie and their new baby when he accidentally dropped the wallet while folding up their stroller.

"Of course I didn't see it, it was pouring down rain, and I was hustling to get everything in the car,” he told WGCL-TV.

The next day, Smith went back to the store and employees allowed him to watch the surveillance video, where he witnessed the woman using his lost wallet like an ATM.

"(The woman in the video) kind of stops, looks down, picks up the wallet, then walks into the next set of doors standing in front of the entrance, Smith said. "She opens up the wallet and starts handing out what's in it to her kids. There was about $100 cash and 200 to 300 dollars in gift cards."

In addition to losing his money, he was also dismayed about the example being set.

"What really gets me is I can see an adult doing it, it's just kind of the world we live in, but when you have your two kids with you... To set that kind of example, to say here not only is ok to pick it up but let's go through it, let's take what's in it, and then not even turn it in."

The Smith family is asking anyone who recognizes the family in the video to call Fayetteville Police.

RBP
02-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Parenting level: 0 :|

Muddy
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
I would have returned the wallet.. With no cash in it though.. That's your punishment for being ignernt..