PDA

View Full Version : Steve-O Became A Vegan After He 'Started Hearing Voices'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Starpulse News

http://i.imgur.com/92OaghJ.png

Jackass star Steve-O became a vegan to improve his karma after eating living things for so long.

The prankster and stuntman gave up drugs and meat after a stint in rehab and he admits the decision to become a vegan was more spiritual than health-related.

The star tells RollingStone.com, "I was doing so many drugs that I literally started hearing voices. I considered the voices my spirit friends, and they were telling me to kill myself. Some of them were nasty characters, but other ones told me they were worried about me... One of them told me I was going to have to answer for shit.

"One time I did something particularly nasty - I tried to really hurt someone's feelings with a text message. I heard a voice in my right ear say, 'You're going to have to answer for that'. Later I came across a YouTube video where this Krishna consciousness guy in India was talking about how it's difficult for Westerners to be saved because there's such little respect for life on the planet.

"This guy said, 'How can you expect to be saved if you eat meat?' I put that together with the voices I was hearing and I became afraid of having some kind of spiritual punishment."

PorkChopSandwiches
02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
:facepalm:

Muddy
02-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Hey whatever works for you..

DemonGeminiX
02-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Could it be that he was hearing voices as a result of the mix of drugs and physical trauma he endured during his Jackass days?

DemonGeminiX
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Nevermind, I read it.

Hal-9000
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I hear voices all day long....they sound like my supervisor and other coworkers, sometimes management voices too.

So I ignore them all and that helps with my mental well being :face: