PDA

View Full Version : K-9 team stumbled unto pot grow-tent during training exercise, deputies say

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2013, 11:59 AM
By Barbara Hijek - Sun Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/rFbVuEO.jpg

This dude thought his pot grow-tent was nestled safely in the woods.

Turns out he picked a very safe spot -- near a private K-9 training facility.

A K-9 team in training ended up with a real find last Wednesday afternoon when a police dog sniffed out 79 pot plants growing in a field in New Smyrna Beach, according to a news release from the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

While practicing a track through some woods, a K-9 team from Kentucky stumbled onto a tent. The dog’s behavior started to change as it pulled its handler off track and led him to the tent.

The obvious scent of marijuana lingered in the air near the tent.

That's when the handler contacted the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office deputies, whofound 79 pot plants and about a pound of cultivated marijuana, the release stated.

The investigation led agents to a nearby trailer and eventually, to a suspect, Anthony Parrish, 38. Agents also found a small amount of pot inside Parrish’s trailer, deputies said.

Parrish was charged with two felonies offenses -- manufacture of marijuana and possession of marijuana -- and booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach on $3,000 bond.

FBD
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
why is this even news again?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I wonder where a good place to grow pot would be? :-k

:think:

Right next to where they train the drug dogs should work! :cheers:

FBD
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
In "the real united states," that place would be comfortably inside your own home.

but that country seems to have passed into the night and is now a historical artifact.

THANKS PROGRESSIVES

Hal-9000
02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I wonder where a good place to grow pot would be? :-k

:think:

Right next to where they train the drug dogs should work! :cheers:

There's a small town outside of our city called Cochrane. They have an famous ice cream parlor out there. One day me and some buds took a drive out to get some, decided to park in a vacant parking lot and hot knife some hash (process involving two knives, a propane torch and a large hooter made from a 2 liter plastic bottle)

We do our thing for about 20 minutes, put the torch and knives outside the car to cool down and then one buddy says - Guys, that building beside us? It's the Cochrane P.D and Fire Hall!!!

We sped away so fast we left the knives and torch...all alone, in the middle of the parking lot :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2013, 11:54 PM
:doh:

Hal-9000
02-06-2013, 12:01 AM
I got a million police stories Lance :lol:

We were in a car at a park, smoking a pipe full of weed. Cop knocks on my window and asks - Is that your weed? I reply - No officer, just holding it for a friend...him. And I point at my buddy

:lol: even the cop smiled as my friends were cracking up