PDA

View Full Version : Man who drank eight litres of cola a day loses all his teeth – and he’s still only 25

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
By Steve Nolan - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/bkiMbWU.jpg

A fizzy drink addict who sank a staggering eight litres of cola a day has lost all his teeth - and he's only in his twenties.

Australian hotel hospitality worker William Kennewell ignored repeated warnings from dentists that his fondness for soft drinks would rot his teeth and has now been left with a full set of dentures at the age of 25.

Mr Kennewell's addiction to the sugary drink even left him with blood poisoning.

He said: ‘I drank between six and eight litres of soft drink, mostly cola, every day.

‘I’m told a normal person has about 23 teeth, but I only had 13 left and they had to be removed,’ he told The Advertiser newspaper in Adelaide.

In fact, most adults will have 28 or 32 teeth, depending on whether they have their wisdom teeth, making Mr Kennewell’s initial teeth loss even worse.

Mr Kennewell, who lives in Salisbury, 15 miles north of Adelaide, added: ‘It started because I wasn’t a huge water fan and working in the hotel industry, I had easy access to Coke.

‘Because my teeth were decaying so badly, it caused blood poisoning which just made me sick – but my health improved with the dentures.’

Australian health experts are now using Mr Kennewell's addiction as a case study to show why youngsters should avoid fizzy drinks.

Dr Jason Armfield, senior research fellow with the Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health has called for health warnings on soft drink labels to include the risks of tooth decay.

He has already conducted research among 16,800 Australian children that found 56 per cent of those aged between five and 16 consumed at least one sweet drink – a soft drink or juice – every day.

Mr Kennewell agreed that health warnings on soft drinks was a good idea – but he wondered how effective they would be.

It is little wonder that Mr Kennewell's teeth rotted, as the average 335ml can of cola contains an astonishing 39g of sugar.

redred
02-06-2013, 12:08 PM
:dunce:

minz
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Why is he not the size of a bus? :shock:

Acid Trip
02-06-2013, 01:59 PM
‘I’m told a normal person has about 23 teeth, but I only had 13 left and they had to be removed,’ he told The Advertiser newspaper in Adelaide.

In fact, most adults will have 28 or 32 teeth, depending on whether they have their wisdom teeth, making Mr Kennewell’s initial teeth loss even worse.

Correction: A normal British person has 23 teeth, the rest of the world has 28 to 32.

FBD
02-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I only truly appreciated water after dying of thirst and getting handed a HFCS laden cup of liquid, and it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever had. Went immediately to water and recognized it as the elixir of life :lol:

Hal-9000
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
we threw a nail in a beaker of coke in grade 3 and watched it erode....I always remember that as I'm chugging my 2 liters of cola :face:

Muddy
02-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Sorry, Mr. Dumass.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2013, 05:05 PM
:gummy:

Hugh_Janus
02-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Why is he not the size of a bus? :shock:

because he's not american

deebakes
02-06-2013, 11:55 PM