PDA

View Full Version : Bereft mother-turned-sniper, dubbed ‘Guevara,’ becomes fearsome force against government troops on the rooftops of Aleppo, Syria

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
By David Knowles / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/UiBOv7H.jpg

The day the bomb struck her home, killing her two young children, the English teacher vowed to have her revenge.

Now nicknamed “Guevara” after Cuban revolutionary Che Guevara, the 36-year-old woman has become a shadowy fixture on the rooftops of Aleppo, Syria, where she aims her Belgian FN rifle at government troops.

In recent months, Syria’s largest city has become the epicenter of the country’s civil war, and Guevara is one of the few women firing a gun on the frontlines as the conflict rages.

"I like fighting. When I see that one of my friends in my katiba (rebel division) has been killed, I feel that I have to hold a weapon and take my revenge," she told the Telegraph (of the United Kingdom).

Located 93 miles from the capital, Damascus, the dead bodies of more than 100 anti-government rebels, many of them college students, were found along the shore of Aleppo’s Quweiq River.

An already-bloody conflict shows no signs of abating, and “the female sniper,” as she is also known, seems resigned to this grim new reality.

"I have seen more than 100 bodies in the last few months,” Guevara told the Telegraph. “So many people were killed in shelling and airstrikes. And I have had many near misses. Once a bomb exploded nearby, wounding people who I was with in a car, and I thought 'Oh my God, death is near.’”

Still, the memory of her children is enough to keep her fighting against President Bashar al-Assad’s forces.

"My boy used to be frightened of the bombs and ask me what was happening. I said, 'My boy, I promise that I am going to defend your future.' Now, I will not forget my children's blood, and I promise to take revenge,” Guevara said.

At the start of the new year, the United Nations estimated that 60,000 people had been killed in the bloody civil, which began in March 2011 following the brutal crackdown on anti-government protesters allied with the pro-democracy Arab Spring movement.

FBD
02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
and they tell us we dont need ARs :roll:

Acid Trip
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
and they tell us we dont need ARs :roll:

These people should just lay down and take the ass kicking their government is giving them. After all, guns are far too dangerous in the hands of the common folk.