PDA

View Full Version : Texas teacher suspended after she emptied PENCIL SHAVINGS into student's mouth

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
By Helen Pow - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/nTx79ZJ.jpg

A Texas school teacher has been suspended after she emptied a pencil sharpener full of shavings into a student's mouth.

Marquis Jay, an eighth grader at Boles Jr. High School in Arlington, said the female teacher poured the shavings into his mouth in January as he was leaning back in his chair.

'I was sitting in class with my head tilted back and opening my mouth,' Marquis said. '(The) teacher came over and poured the pencil shavings in my mouth.'

The 13-year-old spat out the shavings straight away and was taken to the nurse's office where he washed out his mouth.

His mother, Deidre Brown, is outraged at the actions of the teacher, who wasn't assigned to Marquis' class but stopped in to give his teacher a hand.

'I wanted to cry because it was like how could she do that,' Brown told CBS. 'What kind of message is it sending to the kids? She is supposed to be the teacher – the adult.'

She also said she believed the teacher should be fired, not just suspended.

'I don't even think she should be teaching if she can't have the patience to not know that's not something she is supposed to do,' Brown said.

The school board released a statement calling the incident 'unacceptable.'

Arlington ISD director of communications Amy Casas said: 'This incident is unacceptable and was immediately and fully investigated by the AISD when it occurred almost a month ago. The district took appropriate disciplinary action.

'The school has been in constant communication with the student's mother about this incident and other matters. At no time has mom expressed any concerns about the manner in which this situation was handled to the school or the district.'

Marquis said the teacher has now returned to school.

'She said sorry for what happened. She wasn't thinking right,' he told the TV station.

deebakes
02-12-2013, 01:40 AM
looks like he deserved it :shrug:

Acid Trip
02-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Corporal punishment is still legal in Texas schools. Next time skip the shavings and swat his ass.

Hal-9000
02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
What prompted the action?

FBD
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
rocking back in the chairs used to be an art form. I remember once a kid leaned back so far that the chair slipped and the front of it bashed him right in the nose, bloody! :lol: :haha:

Hal-9000
02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
I remember a large kid sat in one of those all in one desks and the thing folded down around his body (4 legs splayed out like a baby calf, right to the floor) and they had to get the janitor to free the kid with tools :lol:

it was horrible :lol: