PDA

View Full Version : Police officer accused of groping handcuffed, pregnant woman

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
By Elisa Jaffe - KOMO News

http://i.imgur.com/nVHQQjo.jpg

AUBURN, Wash. -- An Auburn police officer is under investigation for allegedly groping a pregnant and handcuffed woman.

The incident happened at 1:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning last month. The alleged victim, Hannah Thompson, said she was so traumatized that she's now afraid to be home alone because the officer knows were she lives.

Thompson said she got an uncomfortable feeling when spotted a police officer as she left the Sports Page Bar in Auburn.

"I had made eye contact with him and I kind of got just a weird vibe," she said.

She drove away, and said the officer followed her the two blocks to her house.

"When I went to get out of the car he was like, 'Get back in the car,' and this whole time I didn't even know he was behind me. His lights weren't on or nothing," Thompson said.

Thompson claims the officer accused her of trying to elude him.

"He asked if I had something to drink, I said I had a glass of wine earlier at the Muckleshoot. I'm pregnant and can't drink," she said.

She said the officer administered sobriety tests, then handcuffed her and put her in his patrol car. Thompson claims the officer said she smelled like pot and he would have to search her.

"He went down my shirt in the front, underneath the wire," she said.

Thompson said the officer never looked in her jacket or back pockets, but did put his hand down the front of her pants.

"He started at the left side and went to the right side, and as he got to the front he kind of went down further," she said.

Thompson began crying and the officer took off her handcuffs, but told her he wanted more information.

"He asked, like, three different times if he could come inside," Thomspson said.

Thompson contacted the Auburn Police Department and the officer was placed on paid administrative leave. The Puyallup Police Department is now conducting a criminal investigation.

"There have been no complaints like this before with this officer, and he's been with us for 4 to 5 years," said Auburn Police Commander Mike Hirman.

Thompson's fiance said she's been stressed out and depressed ever since the incident and she miscarried last week.

"For it to be a law officer protecting to serve, who you are you going to turn to next if you feel you can't turn to them?" said Thompson's fiance, Benjamin Mayfield.

Puyallup police will forward the results of their investigation to the King County Prosecutor.

Regardless of whether or not charges are filed, the Auburn Police Department will conduct its own investigation of the officers.

Acid Trip
02-11-2013, 03:31 PM
"He asked if I had something to drink, I said I had a glass of wine earlier at the Muckleshoot. I'm pregnant and can't drink," she said.

:lolwut:

Hal-9000
02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
:lolwut:

that's what I saw too :lol:

the next gen is in TROUUUUU-BLE

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2013, 07:04 PM
:pimphandstrong:

RBP
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Awwww she miscarried. Stupid cop.