PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Arya jumping from out of nowhere reminded me of those old surprise buttsex joke pics.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 10:28 AM
Before the war started I was thinking the Dothraki would probably tear Cersei's guns for hire to shreds. Then they rode out first and all died in the first 15 minutes of the episode, and I'm all like, "Oh, ok... plan B."

Yeah, it didn't take long for the sense of 'this isn't going to go well at all' to set in after the Dothraki were all killed.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 10:29 AM
And WTF was Bran actually doing the whole time he was 'gone'? :-s He "three-eyed ravened" himself right out of there, and didn't really appear to do anything useful, and then showed back up in time for the Night King. :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2019, 10:35 AM
And WTF was Bran actually doing the whole time he was 'gone'? :-s He "three-eyed ravened" himself right out of there, and didn't really appear to do anything useful, and then showed back up in time for the Night King. :-k

He warged so we could get a view of what the hell the Night King was up to. Up to that point, he hadn't been on screen at all.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 11:30 AM
The entertainment website Decider is listing these as the only major characters to die last night:

Dolorous Edd (Ben Crompton), stabbed saving Sam
Lyanna Mormont (Bella Ramsey), died killing the undead giant
Beric Dondarrion (Richard Dormer), stabbed by multiple wights while saving Arya Stark
Alys Karstark (Megan Parkinson), whom we didn’t see fall…but then Theon was the last one standing in the Godswood
Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen), charging the Night King to protect Bran
Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen), defending Daenerys to the end
The Night King, KILLED BY ARYA STARK!
Melisandre (Carice van Houten), who takes off her magical necklace when the battle is won and gives herself up to old age and the frost.

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 12:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Zc3GR30.gif

That smirk on the Night King after Dany tries and fails to kill him with dragon fire. :x

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 12:29 PM
I got one right. :lol:

:rip: Theon

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 01:15 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 01:27 PM
:rip: Jorah

He died exactly where he was supposed to. Defending Dany was always his purpose.

Yes it was a noble death :thumbsup:

Melisandre was right there when Beric Dondarrion bit it. He had used up all his punch spaces on the Starbucks return to life card, correct?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 03:16 PM
Article online already complaining - Was Lyanna's death unnecessarily violent?

:facepalm:

A) She stabbed a bloody undead giant in the fricken eye ffs! Who cares?

and

B) It's Game of Thrones. Did you forget what show you're watching?? :lol:

Another complaint I just read from a re-cap of the episode:

The Winterfell strategy to put the people of color (the Dothraki and the Unsullied) on the front lines, where most of them died, was a poor choice by the writers, especially in a series with a bad track record in this area.

:roll:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 03:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7Oe7e08pU

My thing at another place is that Syrio Forel is still alive because of the TV rule that says if we didn't see the character die onscreen, they're still alive. And I love the character.

Some knob replies to a fan fic post of mine where I jokingly described how Forel will whip off his tattered cloak in King's Landing and start helping with the fight. Him - It won't happen on the TV show, give it up, he's dead, stop being an idiot sort of thing. I haven't responded to his 'sureness' on the point because my fan fic was obviously tongue in cheek.

And then Melisandre has that awesome exchange with Arya where she repeats the line Syrio says with Arya ....not today! :dance: I loved it.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Ghost ran out with the Dothraki, but we didn't see him come back. :rip: Ghost?

TV rule...we didn't see him die onscreen :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Before the war started I was thinking the Dothraki would probably tear Cersei's guns for hire to shreds. Then they rode out first and all died in the first 15 minutes of the episode, and I'm all like, "Oh, ok... plan B."

When Melisandre lit all of the Dothraki swords on fire and they rode off into the distance (only to be silently snuffed out), I thought we may be in for something special.

Then all of the horses and Jorah came stampeding back on the retreat and I knew we were :lol:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 03:43 PM

He has to warg into a dragon fighting Cersei.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 03:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Zc3GR30.gif

That smirk on the Night King after Dany tries and fails to kill him with dragon fire. :x

That's when Dany should have brought the dragon down so it could bite the Night King in half! :x

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Another complaint I just read from a re-cap of the episode:

:roll:

How about complaining to the Night King. All of his walkers are White Walkers and Wights. No POC among the undead? C'mon man wtf??? :x

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 03:57 PM
TV rule...we didn't see him die onscreen :thumbsup:

I guess that's why that one site I was reading didn't list Gilly as one of the dead. We see her dragged away, but we didn't actually see her die. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 03:59 PM
I honestly thought, before Arya killed the Night King, that either Jon or Dany or both were going to bite it. But now thinking back, most of the major characters made it through. I was actually expecting more major players to get killed.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:11 PM
I honestly thought, before Arya killed the Night King, that either Jon or Dany or both were going to bite it. But now thinking back, most of the major characters made it through. I was actually expecting more major players to get killed.

And that's a complaint. That all of the major characters were in front line positions and everyone made it. Jon, Dany, Jaime, The Hound, Brienne, Tormund, Arya...with Sansa and Tryion cowering in the crypt.

My response to that has two parts:

1. Maybe they're on the front line because they're legendary fighters and are able to live through battles like that.
2. If production kills off half of the cast in episode three, what emotional heft is left for the culmination of the series? Podrick goes down fighting Cersei? :lol:

I'm not a screen writer but there are beats and moments throughout a season. It appears they just blew the wad on episode three. We know the writers, there's more good stuff coming and I fully expect to see some tearful deaths by episode six :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:12 PM
I guess that's why that one site I was reading didn't list Gilly as one of the dead. We see her dragged away, but we didn't actually see her die. :-k

Sam was laying in a pile of undead too...maybe a couple of times :lol: And I think he made it as well.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:17 PM
The writers have said they knew Arya would kill the Night King for the past three seasons. I like in retrospect how the dagger gets back to her, Bran is there, people like Dondarrion and The Hound enable Arya to make it to that point in the battle.

I like Maisie Williams. I've seen some of her videos outside of the show and she seems to be excited, thankful and humorous about her role on one the biggest shows in TV history. Very down to earth.

Can you imagine her reaction when she read this script? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:18 PM
And that's a complaint. That all of the major characters were in front line positions and everyone made it. Jon, Dany, Jaime, The Hound, Brienne, Tormund, Arya...with Sansa and Tryion cowering in the crypt.

1. Maybe they're on the front line because they're legendary fighters and are able to live through battles like that.
2. If production kills off half of the cast in episode three, what emotional heft is left for the culmination of the series? Podrick goes down fighting Cersei? :lol:

I'm not a screen writer but there are beats and moments throughout a season. It appears they just blew the wad on episode three. We know the writers, there's more good stuff coming and I fully expect to see some tearful deaths by episode six :thumbsup:

They could have killed off more major characters and in the end it could have been Bran who rolled himself all the way to King's Landing and stares at Cersei and creeps her out to death :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:19 PM
The writers have said they knew Arya would kill the Night King for the past three seasons. I like in retrospect how the dagger gets back to her, Bran is there, people like Dondarrion and The Hound enable Arya to make it to that point in the battle.

I like Maisie Williams. I've seen some of her videos outside of the show and she seems to be excited, thankful and humorous about her role on one the biggest shows in TV history. Very down to earth.

Can you imagine her reaction when she read this script? :lol:

Yeah, I was reading how they've been dropping hints all through the series like breadcrumbs that it would be her. Amazing writing to drop such subtle hints and then be able to look back and they actually all do tie in to how that battle ended.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:19 PM
They could have killed off more major characters and in the end it could have been Bran who rolled himself all the way to King's Landing and stares at Cersei and creeps her out to death :hand:

Cersei - Ahhh it's the little Stark boy who fell out of the window *smirks*
Bran - Shame.
Bran - And fuck you.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:20 PM

I'm still wondering how they will be able to raise an army large enough to fight Cersei. They took A LOT of casualties. I mean, they still do have at least one dragon left which will be huge no matter what. But all the Dothraki appear to have died and not sure how many of the Unsullied made it through.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I was reading how they've been dropping hints all through the series like breadcrumbs that it would be her. Amazing writing to drop such subtle hints and then be able to look back and they actually all do tie in to how that battle ended.

It was late in the episode, but when Melisandre gave Arya the line about closing people's eyes and then brown, green...blue. When she said blue I knew Arya was going to at least attempt something against the Night King.

Arya is such a heavy favorite in the death pools I thought for sure she was getting offed last night.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm still wondering how they will be able to raise an army large enough to fight Cersei. They took A LOT of casualties. I mean, they still do have at least one dragon left which will be huge no matter what. But all the Dothraki appear to have died and not sure how many of the Unsullied made it through.

A lot of dead wights on poles.

HEY! LOOK AT OUR HUGE ARMY AND COWER! :x

*shake them sticks a little lads*

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:25 PM
It was late in the episode, but when Melisandre gave Arya the line about closing people's eyes and then brown, green...blue. When she said blue I knew Arya was going to at least attempt something against the Night King.

Arya is such a heavy favorite in the death pools I thought for sure she was getting offed last night.

It definitely didn't look good for her at several points in the episode last night.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:26 PM

What really got me was the final scene when the Night King was doing the slow walk up to Bran. Theon goes down without a fuss and I started to think - They're going to change something right here. They're going to take out Bran! How will that affect the story? Stop being a dork, it's their story and all bets are off now. No one HAS to survive now, this is uncharted territory.

I sincerely thought the Night king was going to rip Bran's head off to shock the viewers and take the story in a different direction.

As it is...so many people survived the Battle of Winterfell we know they won't end the story on the same positive note.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:28 PM
And with the Hound surviving, the Clegane Bowl should still be on. :cheers:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:29 PM
Too bad they didn't show Undead Headless Ned roaming around the crypt and freaking everyone out :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:30 PM
What really got me was the the final scene when the Night King was doing the slow walk up to Bran. Theon goes down without a fuss and I started to think - They're going to change something right here. They're going to take out Bran! How will that affect the story? Stop being a dork, it's their story and all bets are off now. No one HAS to survive now, this is uncharted territory.

I sincerely thought the Night king was going to rip Bran's head off to shock the viewers and take the story in a different direction.

As it is...so many people survived the Battle of Winterfell we know they won't end the story on the same positive note.

During that whole scene, I thought Theon was going to be the one to kill the Night King. I thought he was going to be able with his last bit of strength, manage to get him with dragon glass or something and he would become the big hero just before he died.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 04:43 PM
During that whole scene, I thought Theon was going to be the one to kill the Night King. I thought he was going to be able with his last bit of strength, manage to get him with dragon glass or something and he would become the big hero just before he died.

"You're a good man. Thank you."

My Dad used to say that to me :( Hard to hear it last night.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:45 PM
Makes me wonder how closely production monitors fan expectations and then alters or adapts the storylines to keep things exciting :-k

The person I know who writes for The Hollywood Reporter got access to the head writer of Mr Robot at the time, Kor Adana, and did interviews/podcasts with him.

A similar question came up and Adana responded - "Of course we see and read fan responses. We're all on Twitter and have access to entertainment news feeds. All of our writers read reviews of the show because we're essentially egotists and want positive reinforcement for the work we create."

:lol: the dude more or less said in that interview they often see expectations/predictions and then depending on how prevalent the prediction is, they may change or write around the idea to prevent the show from being too predictable.

Well, if they do something too horrific that the fans revolt against, it could possibly mean the difference between renewal and cancellation of the series :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 04:45 PM
"You're a good man. Thank you."

My Dad used to say that to me :( Hard to hear it last night.

That brief little part of that scene was a very immense tearjerker for sure. :(

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 05:08 PM
I will say, the crew that runs GoT has done an excellent job of keeping everything under wraps for this season so far.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 05:10 PM
I will say, the crew that runs GoT has done an excellent job of keeping everything under wraps for this season so far.

I think I saw Liam Cunningham (Davos) on one of the talk shows and he joked about snipers in the audience if he revealed any of the plotlines. He goes to say something and a little red flickering dot appears on his chest :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 05:16 PM
I think I saw Liam Cunningham (Davos) on one of the talk shows and he joked about snipers in the audience if he revealed any of the plotlines. He goes to say something and a little red flickering dot appears on his chest :rofl:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 05:30 PM
Two actors who are funny during interviews. The guy who plays Varys (Conleth Hill) and the woman who plays Melisandre (Carice van Houten).

Hill was saying he had to shave his head before every season and the interviewer said that must have been tough. He responds - Not really, Varys has made me a lot of money.

I was thinking about the acting gigs on GoT. Some actors say one or two lines per episode at most and some don't even speak. I hear they get paid quite a bit.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Yeah, not too bad a gig at all to have.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 05:43 PM
Forgot to mention. That first scene with Arya and her staff...amazing moves. I wonder how much was her and how much was camera stuff?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 05:49 PM
I'm sure she did a lot of training to do quite a bit of that stuff and I bet a lot of it was all her.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 05:59 PM
Maisie Williams was part of a prank where she posed as a worker in a hobby shop. She got people to act out various parts of GoT and then gave them a GoT board game.

She claimed she never had watched GoT and when people told her she was Arya, she said - Ya, I've heard that before.

Someone holds up an Arya Stark doll, tells Williams that's her and she says - i'm Lorraine, that's a little boy. :lol:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 06:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQZFoNsJ68

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 06:47 PM
I would like to download that episode somehow. My streaming copy was average at best.

If anyone knows a way a person can download the file like in the olden days without paying for a membership at a file sharing site, it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 06:50 PM
I would like to download that episode somehow. My streaming copy was average at best.

If anyone knows a way a person can download the file like in the olden days without paying for a membership at a file sharing site, it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

https://i.imgur.com/civrMRP.png

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 06:52 PM
*fires up limewire*

**buys new PC after HDD starts on fire**

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 06:53 PM
You can try torrents...for one file it wouldn't be that risky of getting caught d/l'ing copyrighted material.

Hal-9000
04-29-2019, 06:58 PM
You can try torrents...for one file it wouldn't be that risky of getting caught d/l'ing copyrighted material.

Thanks but I gave up on torrents before giving up on file sharing sites.

Seems I have to either pay for a streaming service which still defeats the idea of having a copy, or buying the DVD's when I get a job :|

I have good copies of seasons one to four and then stopped doing the Uploaded/Rapidshare file sharing thing.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 07:59 PM
You know another thing great about this show? The production value. And not just for a single episode, for the entire run of all 8 seasons. This show could be put up against any big screen movie and it is at the very least on par and it's better than many. They don't scrimp on anything, even the smallest details.

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2019, 10:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6LV-wIVJgw

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2019, 10:15 PM
I watched this on my TV (streaming through HBO on Amazon Prime) and I could see everything fine. I didn't have any issues at all with the lighting that a lot of people are complaining about.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2019, 10:21 PM
I watched this on my TV (streaming through HBO on Amazon Prime) and I could see everything fine. I didn't have any issues at all with the lighting that a lot of people are complaining about.We watched it on HBO as it aired and we had no problems seeing the action either. There's A LOT of people bitching that it was too dark. What were they watching it on, a phone FFS?

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2019, 11:27 PM

That wasn't Gilly, that was some unnamed victim. We didn't really get to see Gilly after they showed her watching the wight coming out of the crypt wall. The next time we see her, she and little Sam are standing with the rest of the survivors in the crypt when they do that one wide angled shot after the dead have all fallen. She's on the right side up front.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2019, 10:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQZFoNsJ68

I just watched this :lol:

The only thing that would have made it better is if she could have done an American accent instead of her normal speech. Her looking like herself PLUS speaking with an English accent is a dead giveaway, no matter if she's claiming to be Lorraine or not :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2019, 12:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fcH7Asg.jpg

lost in melb.
04-30-2019, 12:57 PM
We watched it on HBO as it aired and we had no problems seeing the action either. There's A LOT of people bitching that it was too dark. What were they watching it on, a phone FFS?

I found it too dark, so i turned the brightness up on my laptop :dunno:

Hal-9000
04-30-2019, 03:09 PM
We watched it on HBO as it aired and we had no problems seeing the action either. There's A LOT of people bitching that it was too dark. What were they watching it on, a phone FFS?

I think there were a large number of people who watched the same streaming copy as I did. HBO and Netflix are generally way better than the non-paid copies.

Hal-9000
04-30-2019, 03:11 PM
I just watched this :lol:

The only thing that would have made it better is if she could have done an American accent instead of her normal speech. Her looking like herself PLUS speaking with an English accent is a dead giveaway, no matter if she's claiming to be Lorraine or not :lol:

I like the way she turned it around on the one older guy. "You look familiar. Have you ever been to England? Have you been on Tinder??" :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2019, 03:12 PM
I think there were a large number of people who watched the same streaming copy as I did. HBO and Netflix are generally way better than the non-paid copies.

I saw a story about it earlier today, let me see if I've still got it.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2019, 03:13 PM
By the TMZ Staff

https://i.imgur.com/H7fD9abl.jpg

"Game of Thrones" Battle of Winterfell left fans cheering and complaining -- the latter due to it being too damn dark -- but the cinematographer wants to make it clear ... the gripes aren't his fault.

Fabian Wagner -- who was also the cinematographer on lauded 'Thrones' episodes like "Hardhome" and "Battle of the Bastards" -- tells TMZ, he's aware folks are upset that "The Long Night" looked TOO nightly, and he has an explanation.

https://i.imgur.com/J0Wy3pdl.jpg

First, Fabian believes the pixelation and muddy dark colors fans saw on their TVs and mobile devices are due to HBO's compression of the episode ... which leads to poorer visual quality. This is made worse if it's being viewed on a streaming service with a weak connection ... or in a room that's too bright.

As Wagner puts it ... "[GoT] has always been very dark and a very cinematic show" and should be watched in a dark environment. Ideally, this means viewing it like you would a movie -- in a dark theater.

Since that's not realistic for 'Thrones,' Fabian suggests making your viewing room at home as dark as possible, avoid watching on your phone or in places that are lit up ... and adjust your TV settings.

The cinematographer also points out ... the showrunners and director wanted the episode to be dark. Wagner says the battle scenes were intended to be intense, claustrophobic and disorienting -- like they would be in real life -- but not confusing.

Fabian says, "We tried to give the viewers and fans a cool episode to watch," and he believes they did, adding ... "I know it wasn't too dark because I shot it."

Hal-9000
04-30-2019, 03:18 PM
It was because - illegal copy :lol:

For instance my copy was titled game.of.thrones.s08e03.h264.toocheapforHBO.720p.mk v

:lol: When you see those familiar call signs, you know it's borrowed. And if my copy was 120p I would be surprised.

Hal-9000
04-30-2019, 05:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/f9JEhSU.gif

Hal-9000
04-30-2019, 05:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JBOWL3O.jpg

Hikari Kisugi
04-30-2019, 06:21 PM
The SKY Uk live version, that went out at 2am in Uk same time as HBO in the US was at n awfully shitty bitrate apparently, their compression was lousy and people got blocky back scenes all over the palce.
i watched the NOWTV in UK download version whih was fine on an ipad, then got a nice 1080 copy which looked cracker on my TV.

Pony
04-30-2019, 10:02 PM
I streamed it from HBO go with my 12mb connection last night, after dark with all the lights off it was ok. Would have been very tough to see with any lights on in the room.

lost in melb.
05-01-2019, 05:47 AM
What happened to John's Dragon??

Hal-9000
05-01-2019, 02:19 PM
What happened to John's Dragon??

According to the previews both dragons and Ghost survived.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2019, 02:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sJ74Rk3.jpg

Hal-9000
05-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Strange to hear the Night King's make up took over two hours to apply each day and the actor never said a word.

lost in melb.
05-01-2019, 05:03 PM
According to the previews both dragons and Ghost survived.

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-01-2019, 07:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AUQFisH.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2019, 07:33 PM
:no:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2019, 07:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H3ZSlKf.jpg

DemonGeminiX
05-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Hal-9000
05-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Hal-9000
05-03-2019, 03:17 PM
No one liked my Samsa picture?

She looked so positive for once :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-03-2019, 03:17 PM
No one liked my Samsa picture?

She looked so positive for once :sad2:

It was....disturbing :hand:

Hal-9000
05-03-2019, 03:18 PM
It was....disturbing :hand:

The night is dark and full of terrors :x

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 05:22 AM
Well, :rip: Missandei

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Didn't see that coming or the dragon being killed. :(

And Cersei has been busy, it looks like King's Landing is pretty much dragon-proof, especially with only one dragon left.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Arya friend-zoned Gendry :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 10:34 AM
That was funny, but obvious that was coming as Gendry was professing his love for her :lol:

And BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on Jamie for leaving Brienne and going down to Cersei :x (unless he kills Cersei, then it's okay).

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 10:38 AM
I think Jaime's gonna die. I'm almost certain that Arya's gonna end up killing Cersei somehow. Who's face she's going to be wearing at the time is the question.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 10:40 AM
I honestly thought Tyrion was going to die in a volley of a million arrows last night too.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 10:43 AM
I have no idea why Cersei just didn't open fire on all of them on the spot. All of those huge crossbows and the archers... Dany and (the very small) company would've been toast.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 10:52 AM
I was wondering that too. She had about a bazillion of those crossbows mounted all along the wall. The dragon wouldn't have stood a chance. Unless it was just a show of force to let them all know that they are only alive because Cersei let them live.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Tormund got over his heartbreak really quick. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Way to go Sansa about keeping the whole 'Jon is really heir to the throne' thing a secret :x

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 11:43 AM
Way to go Sansa about keeping the whole 'Jon is really heir to the throne' thing a secret :x

Sansa's worse than my sister. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Well, whatever her scheme is, it's starting to work. She's got Varys on the side of Jon while Tyrion is still on Dany's side (so far).

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 12:09 PM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

What many people love about “Game of Thrones” is its meticulous attention to detail, but Sunday night eagle-eyed viewers spotted something that was out of place in Winterfell.

[WARNING Spoiler Alert: The remainder of this article will discuss Season 8, Episode 4 of “Game of Thrones”]

While Jon Snow and Tormund Giantsbane are celebrating the victory over the Night King, the camera pans to Daenerys Targaryen who appears to be upset. It is later revealed that she doesn’t like that Snow was receiving all the attention over the victory in Winterfell.

When the camera cut to Daenerys sipping the wine, social media users were quick to point out an item that was out of place. A cup from out of the realm appeared to be sitting on the table.
Social media users suggested it was a Starbucks cup that had been left while the scene was being shot.
A Reddit user appeared to be the first one to spot the item.

It’s unclear whether it was a Starbucks cup or another kind of coffee cup. But it did not appear to be an item that would be regularly seen in Westeros.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 01:01 PM
So, would it be too much for it to be Arya that kills Cersei? She's on Arya's kill list of course and she has the skills to do it, but would it be too much having Arya kill both the Night King AND Cersei? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Reading a few recaps of the episode, there is a sizeable group of people more upset over the death of Missandei saying it was because she was black more than it was the brutal murder of Dany's right hand woman right in front of her. No, no, by all means, let's make it racial.

:ffs:

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2019, 01:19 PM
So, would it be too much for it to be Arya that kills Cersei? She's on Arya's kill list of course and she has the skills to do it, but would it be too much having Arya kill both the Night King AND Cersei? :-k

I don't think so. Come to think of it, let's make Arya Queen of Westeros.

Reading a few recaps of the episode, there is a sizeable group of people more upset over the death of Missandei saying it was because she was black more than it was the brutal murder of Dany's right hand woman right in front of her. No, no, by all means, let's make it racial.

:ffs:

People are so fucking stupid.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 01:31 PM

I don't think so. Come to think of it, let's make Arya Queen of Westeros.

Reading about Arya today in some blogs and it mentions that way back in season 1, Arya asked Ned if she could ever be a knight or sit on a King's council....so maybe Arya secretly desires to sit on the Iron Throne. :-k

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:06 PM
I think Jaime's gonna die. I'm almost certain that Arya's gonna end up killing Cersei somehow. Who's face she's going to be wearing at the time is the question.

I'll take that bet and say Arya killing Cersei won't happen because she already got the Night King.

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H3ZSlKf.jpg

This may be more true than ever now :lol:

:( Tormund got left out in the cold

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:14 PM
This episode is being well received, some are saying it's their favorite episode of season 8 because it featured relationships, politics and a mini battle.

I wasn't one of those people.

Cersei had Tyrion and the top brass of Dany' army dead to rights. She hates Tryion so much it made no sense NOT to kill him.

Jaime dipping Brienne was unexpected and I like that he left her. Typical Jaime.

And perhaps the biggest blunder military-wise - Why in hell would Dany not flame up those ships after seeing her dragon get killed. Perfect move - fly past them and get behind because ships can't turn around instantly :facepalm:

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Reading about Arya today in some blogs and it mentions that way back in season 1, Arya asked Ned if she could ever be a knight or sit on a King's council....so maybe Arya secretly desires to sit on the Iron Throne. :-k

She said something to The Hound in their riding scene talking about going to Westeros. 'I've got something to do there as well.'

I think she's going to attempt a kill against Cersei, The Mountain somehow kills her in a heart-breaking moment, and that's when The Hound comes in and fights The Mountain.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 02:20 PM
This episode is being well received, some are saying it's their favorite episode of season 8 because it featured relationships, politics and a mini battle.

I wasn't one of those people.

Cersei had Tyrion and the top brass of Dany' army dead to rights. She hates Tryion so much it made no sense NOT to kill him.

Jaime dipping Brienne was unexpected and I like that he left her. Typical Jaime.

And perhaps the biggest blunder military-wise - Why in hell would Dany not flame up those ships after seeing her dragon get killed. Perfect move - fly past them and get behind because ships can't turn around instantly :facepalm:

I liked the episode. As far as not killing Tyrion and Dany's small group, like I said in an earlier post, it could have just been to show that she (Cersei) can do as she pleases. Their lives are in her hands. She pretty much has King's Landing dragon -proofed with all those giant crossbows. And then she beheads Missandei right in front of everyone, again, because she can. Realistically at this point, a full on assault on King's Landing would appear to be nearly impossible.

And Jamie's a twat and doesn't deserve Brienne now :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 02:22 PM
She said something to The Hound in their riding scene talking about going to Westeros. 'I've got something to do there as well.'

I think she's going to attempt a kill against Cersei, The Mountain somehow kills her in a heart-breaking moment, and that's when The Hound comes in and fights The Mountain.

She also said that she wasn't planning on going back to Winterfell. So either she thinks she may die trying in whatever she plans to do....or, she wants the Throne...long live Queen Arya. :cheers:

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:29 PM
She also said that she wasn't planning on going back to Winterfell. So either she thinks she may die trying in whatever she plans to do....or, she wants the Throne...long live Queen Arya. :cheers:

As soon as Gendry asked Arya to live with him, she's done :lol:

This is the death that's going to resonate with fans forever. They might even leave it a little open ended so there's a sliver of hope. Bye Arya :(

Martin was quoted - "My wife said if you kill off Sansa or Arya I'll divorce you."

*Cue Martin's creepy little giggle*

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:32 PM
I liked the episode. As far as not killing Tyrion and Dany's small group, like I said in an earlier post, it could have just been to show that she (Cersei) can do as she pleases. Their lives are in her hands. She pretty much has King's Landing dragon -proofed with all those giant crossbows. And then she beheads Missandei right in front of everyone, again, because she can. Realistically at this point, a full on assault on King's Landing would appear to be nearly impossible.

And Jamie's a twat and doesn't deserve Brienne now :hand:

I would disagree and say that Cersei doesn't have everything in hand. Remember that the dragon crossbows on the ships killed one dragon and then immediately whiffed on another that was right in front of them. Cersei also thinks Dany won't fly in and roast the civilians in the courtyard. See ya in episode five Cersei :lol:

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Just caught all of Dany's titles on the Starbucks cup :lol:...I'm going to see if I can spot that.

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 02:52 PM
My copy wasn't as clear but they were right. There it is.

One thing that burns my ass is continuity errors in movies or TV shows. Guys shirt changes, the level of booze in a cup or a bottle changes, pictures on the wall changing :lol:

They've got a lot of people preparing and checking those scenes.

https://i.imgur.com/6VSfn9C.jpg

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 03:06 PM
I was waiting for the internet to blow up over comments that Tryion made speaking to Varys I think. The bit about Jon being the better choice to rule because he's a man and the Lords of the North would respond better to a man leading :lol:

Why? Because it's part of the mythology of the world that was created. :x

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 03:07 PM
How about Bronn?

Why didn't they just have him killed or jailed? He's in a place surrounded by the Winterfell task force and he threatens both Jaime and Tyrion?

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 03:10 PM
And Davos? He's just staying at Winterfell forever?

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 03:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IF5w4Jg.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 03:16 PM
My copy wasn't as clear but they were right. There it is.

One thing that burns my ass is continuity errors in movies or TV shows. Guys shirt changes, the level of booze in a cup or a bottle changes, pictures on the wall changing :lol:

They've got a lot of people preparing and checking those scenes.

https://i.imgur.com/6VSfn9C.jpg

Things like this, while comical in retrospect, just don't bother me all that much. I watch the show, not scan for errors like a lot of people on the internet seem to do. I mean, unless you were ACTIVELY looking for something wrong, you wouldn't even see that thing on the screen. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 03:17 PM
I was waiting for the internet to blow up over comments that Tryion made speaking to Varys I think. The bit about Jon being the better choice to rule because he's a man and the Lords of the North would respond better to a man leading :lol:

Why? Because it's part of the mythology of the world that was created. :x

King > Queen :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 03:18 PM
And Davos? He's just staying at Winterfell forever?

Club Winterfell, for all your relaxation needs :tup:

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Things like this, while comical in retrospect, just don't bother me all that much. I watch the show, not scan for errors like a lot of people on the internet seem to do. I mean, unless you were ACTIVELY looking for something wrong, you wouldn't even see that thing on the screen. :lol:

This has actually put a downer on the episode for me. Agreed, I would have never known otherwise.

Read a rather large article on the last Sopranos episode and it explained how much goes into set design and basically said that they're creating the scene from scratch so everything you see has been placed there for a purpose. It's been checked by set and production designers, lighting, the director of photography and most times the director as well.

Show and season this big should never feature a Starbucks cup. I hope they digitize it out.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 03:43 PM
This has actually put a downer on the episode for me. Agreed, I would have never known otherwise.

Read a rather large article on the last Sopranos episode and it explained how much goes into set design and basically said that they're creating the scene from scratch so everything you see has been placed there for a purpose. It's been checked by set and production designers, lighting, the director of photography and most times the director as well.

Show and season this big should never feature a Starbucks cup. I hope they digitize it out.

:snapout:

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:08 PM
:snapout:

:x It's like seeing a girly calendar in Jon Snow's room at Winterfell. Not cool.

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry but Euron Greyjoy reminds me of a certain set of villains that showed up in the last seasons of Breaking Bad :|

Hope he dies badly and soon.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 04:13 PM
:x It's like seeing a girly calendar in Jon Snow's room at Winterfell. Not cool.

So anyway....is all of this stuff that's happening to Dany (finding out she's not the legitimate heir, seeing not one, but two of her dragons killed, watching Jon Snow get all the adoration during the festivities at Winterfell after the battle, and seeing Missandei beheaded in front of her at Cersei's command) going to make her go full Mad Queen like her relative the Mad King (I forget the actual familial relationship....uncle)? :-k

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:23 PM

So anyway....is all of this stuff that's happening to Dany (finding out she's not the legitimate heir, seeing not one, but two of her dragons killed, watching Jon Snow get all the adoration during the festivities at Winterfell after the battle, and seeing Missandei beheaded in front of her at Cersei's command) going to make her go full Mad Queen like her relative the Mad King (I forget the actual familial relationship....uncle)? :-k

It seems that's where the story is going. Final shot of the episode was Dany fuming...

and the first second Missandei was on that platform I knew she wasn't leaving it alive. Her final word Dracarys...was pretty much - Umm Dany? Burn them all! :x

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:29 PM

So anyway....is all of this stuff that's happening to Dany (finding out she's not the lgiutimate heir, seeing not one, but two of her dragons killed, watching Jon Snow get all the adoration during the festivities at Winterfell after the battle, and seeing Missandei beheaded in front of her at Cersei's command) going to make her go full Mad Queen like her relative the Mad King (I forget the actual familial relationship....uncle)? :-k

Mad King was Dany's Dad. He was also father of Rhaegon and Viserys. And you know Jon Snow is Rhaegon's true son.

Strange, subtle part came up on the internet after last night's scene with Jon and Dany kissing. People are saying he's now uncomfortable because she is his Aunt and they don't roll that way in the north. Dany still has no problem with it because Targaryens often wed their relatives.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 04:29 PM
It seems that's where the story is going. Final shot of the episode was Dany fuming...

and the first second Missandei was on that platform I knew she wasn't leaving it alive. Her final word Dracarys...was pretty much - Umm Dany? Burn them all! :x

Missadei was killed because they don't allow blacks in King's Landing, the internet says so :hand:

I'm half wondering if Dany will have Jon killed :-k

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Question - When Dany was pleading with Jon not to tell anyone about his lineage, did it come off as totally selfish for Dany?

I couldn't catch any reasoning she gave for him to keep the secret other than she loves being the Queen.

Teh One Who Knocks

Hal-9000
Missadei was killed because they don't allow blacks in King's Landing, the internet says so :hand:

I'm half wondering if Dany will have Jon killed :-k

Thinking it's going to go the other way. Jon has to kill Dany because of the crazy thing you brought up :(

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:33 PM

ride thru :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Thinking it's going to go the other way. Jon has to kill Dany because of the crazy thing you brought up :(

I think it's 50-50, it could go either way. Dany could be in a fit of rage and have Jon killed, or like you said, Jon may end up having to kill he because of MTS (Mad Targaryen Syndrome)

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 04:55 PM
I think it's 50-50, it could go either way. Dany could be in a fit of rage and have Jon killed, or like you said, Jon may end up having to kill he because of MTS (Mad Targaryen Syndrome)

Just reading more fan fic. Melisandre's big scene with Arya from season three (that DGX posted) says she'll kill people with brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes.

They did a close up of Dany last night and she has green eyes...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Just reading more fan fic. Melisandre's big scene with Arya from season three (that DGX posted) says she'll kill people with brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes.

They did a close of Dany last night and she has green eyes...

I saw someone else saying that it could mean Cersei because she has green eyes...but I dunno if her eyes are green or not. :-k

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 05:14 PM
I saw someone else saying that it could mean Cersei because she has green eyes...but I dunno if her eyes are green or not. :-k

Yeah and I just read that Arya may be the Prince(ess) who was promised and her dagger is actually a reforged part of the legendary sword.

There's so many prophecies and theories floating around, I tend to agree with my podcasting buddy. There's two episodes left folks, they can't start bringing up umpteen theories and suspicions from the books at this point that involve hundreds of years of back stories we've never addressed before now.

Most people are predicting that Jon Snow dies. I say how about Sansa? What does she do besides monitor grain inventory levels and complain about resting the wounded? (good point by the way).

Jon gets a lot of flack because he doesn't really do much :lol: He can give a good speech tho and I think those same critics don't credit him for riding a dragon and killing thousands of wights from the air.

Here's my ghetto prediction - Dany loses her mind and Jon has to kill her. There's been too much talk about innocent people and the reason they're fighting for King's Landing. Arya goes for Cersei and gets stopped by The Mountain. The Hound sees this and kills The Mountain. Cersei kills Tyrion which causes Jaime to kill Cersei. Jaime returns to Brienne in one of the last scenes of the show.

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 05:16 PM
and Bran says he has seen Davos naked.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Yeah and I just read that Arya may be the Prince(ess) who was promised and her dagger is actually a reforged part of the legendary sword.

There's so many prophecies and theories floating around, I tend to agree with my podcasting buddy. There's two episodes left folks, they can't start bringing up umpteen theories and suspicions from the books at this point that involve hundreds of years of back stories we've never addressed before now.

Most people are predicting that Jon Snow dies. I say how about Sansa? What does she do besides monitor grain inventory levels and complain about resting the wounded? (good point by the way).

Jon gets a lot of flack because he doesn't really do much :lol: He can give a good speech tho and I think those same critics don't credit him for riding a dragon and killing thousands of wights from the air.

Here's my ghetto prediction - Dany loses her mind and Jon has to kill her. There's been too much talk about innocent people and the reason they're fighting for King's Landing. Arya goes for Cersei and gets stopped by The Mountain. The Hound sees this and kills The Mountain. Cersei kills Tyrion which causes Jaime to kill Cersei. Jaime returns to Brienne in one of the last scenes of the show.

And where does Bronn fit into all of this? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 05:20 PM

Tormund was pretty impressed with Jon flying the dragon though. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 05:22 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mh9eU1g.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jJnzAUC.jpg

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
And where does Bronn fit into all of this? :-k

That's a tough one because the scene felt odd. He was really agitated rather than his regular self. I think he's going to die but don't know how.

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Tormund was pretty impressed with Jon flying the dragon though. :lol:

I don't consider vomiting victory.

Tormund - I do :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2019, 05:28 PM
I don't consider vomiting victory.

Tormund - I do :-s

That was too funny :lol:

Hal-9000
05-06-2019, 05:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mh9eU1g.jpg

This was one of my problems with the episode. Tiny logistics things can be overlooked. After all it's their show and they get to tell us their story.

But when three direct hits take a dragon out and then she flies right down the gauntlet at those ships, it just didn't make sense.

And also - How about a little Dracarys as she's flying at them? Nope, just some sad looks and a grunt as she turns.

Smart money says fire should have came instantly at that moment and in fact, there was no reason not to see it.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-07-2019, 10:44 AM
By Tamar Lapin - The New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/Fxj5dnpl.jpg

HBO admitted Monday that a coffee cup spotted in a scene of Sunday night’s “Game of Thrones” was a mistake.

Fans of the fantasy series were buzzing on social media Monday after spotting the out-of-place modern cup on a table next to the character Daenerys Targaryen.

HBO eventually copped to the blunder — saying it was a latte from the set’s craft services — and tried to make a joke of the situation.

“The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake,” an spokesperson for the cable network said in a statement. “Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea.”

In an interview on WNYC radio Monday, executive producer Bernie Caulfield also saw the funny side.

“Westeros was the first place to actually, you know, have Starbucks,” Caulfield quipped, in the interview on Alison Stewart’s “All of It.”

The gaffe is rare for the Emmy Award-winning fantasy series, she said, noting its “prop people and decorators are so, you know, so on it 1,000%.”

“If that’s the worst thing they’re finding, then we’re in good shape,” Caulfied said.

DemonGeminiX
05-07-2019, 10:46 AM

Herbal tea. It's good to see they've got a sense of humor about it.

fricnjay
05-07-2019, 04:03 PM
8-[

https://i.imgur.com/BmFtyE2.jpg

lost in melb.
05-07-2019, 08:13 PM
Those dragons are pretty delicate.

Hal-9000
05-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Geez it's nice when 3/4's of the internet agrees with your take. My two main complaints are the scenes with Dany not flaming the ships and no one doing anything during the Cersei on the platform scenes.

Guy who works at THR does a ton of GoT interviews every week and has access to producers, directors and actors.

Last night on a podcast he said he was talking with a production member and jokingly brought up the coffee cup. He got a HARD no comment and was advised to move onto other questions :lol:

So even with the great herbal tea joke released to the public :lol:, apparently they're not happy with the mistake.

Hal-9000
05-08-2019, 05:57 PM
A girl on the GoT podcast site posts a long rant talking about how she's effing had it with the writing on this season.

She brings up the scene where Tyrion is talking about who would be better accepted as a leader in the north, Jon or Dany.

Then she somehow ties that to a racial issue, saying 'of course all of the brown and black people follow Dany' and all of the 'Nordic white people' follow Jon, then continues this logic saying that's why most of the Dothraki were killed, because the writers of the show are racist too.

I replied listing the exact statement Tyrion made which essentially was - Jon would be better accepted as a leader because he's a man. Unfortunately that would be the case because the lords of the north are all men. Not the exact phrasing but Tyrion seemed apologetic making the statement, which I thought was pretty progressive for Westeros.

Then I said nothing was mentioned about race, you are inserting that into the narrative, and by the way you do realize that Cersei, Dany and Jon Snow are all white? :lol: She had somehow looped Cersei into the conversation too. In her view - Cersei and Dany were women = okay. Jon is a man = racist.

I said the scene was rife with misogyny and Game of Thrones has aspects of racism when people refer to Dornish people, but there is only one reason most of Dany's forces were non-white. Because of GEOGRAPHY :lol: I further said you can't fault a fantasy world for populating the north with a certain color and then populating an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CONTINENT with different colors.

Point being - It's their world, not yours and could you possibly be projecting your thoughts about racism from the real world into Game of Thrones?

I closed by saying that GoT is one of the least racist shows on television and at least they admitted their version of misogyny front and center.

She called me a bunch of names and said I was probably old and white :lol: First and only accurate thing the bitch posted all day...

lost in melb.
05-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Geez it's nice when 3/4's of the internet agrees with your take. My two main complaints are the scenes with Dany not flaming the ships and no one doing anything during the Cersei on the platform scenes.

Guy who works at THR does a ton of GoT interviews every week and has access to producers, directors and actors.

Last night on a podcast he said he was talking with a production member and jokingly brought up the coffee cup. He got a HARD no comment and was advised to move onto other questions :lol:

So even with the great herbal tea joke released to the public :lol:, apparently they're not happy with the mistake.

I haven't had time to read anything. Was the speculation something along the lines of.. why didn't the black gal boot her ass off the parapet?? ( Or at least take her with her)

I was also surprised Dany didn't let rip on those ships.

lost in melb.
05-08-2019, 08:48 PM
A girl on the GoT podcast site posts a long rant talking about how she's effing had it with the writing on this season.

She brings up the scene where Tyrion is talking about who would be better accepted as a leader in the north, Jon or Dany.

Then she somehow ties that to a racial issue, saying 'of course all of the brown and black people follow Dany' and all of the 'Nordic white people' follow Jon, then continues this logic saying that's why most of the Dothraki were killed, because the writers of the show are racist too.

I replied listing the exact statement Tyrion made which essentially was - Jon would be better accepted as a leader because he's a man. Unfortunately that would be the case because the lords of the north are all men. Not the exact phrasing but Tyrion seemed apologetic making the statement, which I thought was pretty progressive for Westeros.

Then I said nothing was mentioned about race, you are inserting that into the narrative, and by the way you do realize that Cersei, Dany and Jon Snow are all white? :lol: She had somehow looped Cersei into the conversation too. In her view - Cersei and Dany were women = okay. Jon is a man = racist.

I said the scene was rife with misogyny and Game of Thrones has aspects of racism when people refer to Dornish people, but there is only one reason most of Dany's forces were non-white. Because of GEOGRAPHY :lol: I further said you can't fault a fantasy world for populating the north with a certain color and then populating an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CONTINENT with different colors.

Point being - It's their world, not yours and could you possibly be projecting your thoughts about racism from the real world into Game of Thrones?

I closed by saying that GoT is one of the least racist shows on television and at least they admitted their version of misogyny front and center.

She called me a bunch of names and said I was probably old and white :lol: First and only accurate thing the bitch posted all day...

Yeah people forget skin color relates to amount of time under Sun, nothing more. Oops.

Perhaps you told have mentioned Drago smashing Dany's yooyang first season. From memory she enjoyed it :lol:

Pony
05-08-2019, 10:44 PM

I was yelling at the TV. Go around behind and dive roast them from above! Those crossbows surely can't swing up more than 45 degrees.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2019, 03:13 PM
James Barrett - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/TGiZFJfl.jpg

Over its years-long run, feminists have frequently lauded "Game of Thrones" for its portrayal of strong female characters, but all that good will is rapidly evaporating in the show's final season. The most recent episode, "The Last of the Starks," has particularly disappointed a number of feminist critics, and even some celebrities, who feel that the male producers of the show have "betrayed" the female leads.

"Once you could have argued it was a feminist show, but now GoT is letting down its female characters in a shockingly tone deaf way – from ‘unstable’ Daenerys to weeping Brienne," writes Abigail Chandler in an op-ed for The Guardian published Wednesday.

"Until recently, you could make the argument that Game of Thrones was a stealthily feminist show," Chandler writes. "In its early years it might have lured in the typical male fantasy crowd with sex, violence and alpha-male characters like Ned and Robb Stark, Robert Baratheon and Jaime Lannister, but before you knew it a woman was on the Iron Throne, her main challenger was also a woman, and Westeros was stuffed full of female assassins, knights, wily politicos and Dame Diana Rigg. ... Which is why it’s so frustrating to see the show slip back into its old ways in this final season. Coming off the back of The Long Night’s excellent twist ending – where Arya, rather than the expected hero Jon Snow, killed the Night King – the latest episode is especially disappointing. So many of the show’s strongest female characters were undermined by showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss, who also wrote this episode."

Along with Daenerys' character descending into self-pity and paranoia and the formerly invulnerable Brienne weeping over Jaime leaving her, feminist critics have been particularly upset about Sansa's unsettling comments about rape. In a piece for Slate, Inkoo Kang summarizes the response to Sansa's minimization of being raped by Ramsay Bolton during a conversation with the Hound:

[T]he scene that seemed to draw the most audience ire was the one in which Sansa, during a conversation with the Hound, seemed to imply that she had come to view her history of being raped and manipulated by men as an integral part of her personal growth: “Without Littlefinger and Ramsay and the rest, I would have stayed a little bird all my life.” (Unhelpfully, the Hound characterized her experience as being “broken in rough,” as if her childhood naďveté necessitated a violent domestication.) Recalling the disastrous execution of Sansa’s rape by Ramsay Bolton in Season 5—in which her sexual torture by her new husband was framed as a terrifying lesson for Theon, who was forced to witness the assault—the oldest surviving Stark’s apparent dispassion toward her trauma seemed to be yet another example of the HBO drama’s continued minimization of the consequences of rape, as well as a step backward for a show that in the past few seasons had been increasingly embracing female strength.

Kang also notes feminist fans' "uproar over the treatment of its female characters," including "Brienne’s pleading with Jaime to stay by her side after their relationship turned briefly sexual" and "the 'fridging' of Missandei, whose death was particularly disappointing to viewers who’d grown attached to the show’s sole prominent woman of color."

Among others, the abrupt murder of Missandei prompted a response from "Wrinkle In Time" director Ava Duvernay, who tweeted: "So... the one and only sister on the whole epic, years-long series? That’s what you wanna do? Okay."
But the celebrity who's reaction to Episode 4 has gotten the most attention is Jessica Chastain, who, like Slate, condemned HBO for using rape as "a tool to make a character stronger."

"Rape is not a tool to make a character stronger," Chastain tweeted. "A woman doesn’t need to be victimized in order to become a butterfly. The #littlebird was always a Phoenix. Her prevailing strength is solely because of her. And her alone."
As The Daily Wire pointed out previously, the final season of "Game of Thrones" hasn't just disappointed feminists, it's "literally shattered" the supposed global warming theme for many climate change alarmists.

Hal-9000
05-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Let's see now...who would be considered a top character from GoT? :-k

Sansa - Lady of Winterfell
Arya - Assassin (who killed a pedophile) and general badass who pretty much just saved the world.
Brienne - Lady knight who almost killed one of the best fighters on the show, The Hound.
Cersei - Her kill count is higher than Idi Amin's. Power broker.
Dany - Mother of dragons, freer of slaves, drinker of coffee.
Catelyn Stark - Best Mom in the whole world.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2019, 03:27 PM
:patriarchy:

Hal-9000
05-10-2019, 03:30 PM
So what was Sansa supposed to say during that scene?

Oh yes, I was raped and sexually abused by two men and now I'm a fragile shell of the person I once was. And then she breaks down and starts crying every time she sees another man?

Either the events tempered her and contributed to her strength or they crushed her and she needs therapy for life.

You can't have it both ways!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2019, 03:43 PM
So what was Sansa supposed to say during that scene?

Oh yes, I was raped and sexually abused by two men and now I'm a fragile shell of the person I once was. And then she breaks down and starts crying every time she sees another man?

Either the events tempered her and contributed to her strength or they crushed her and she needs therapy for life.

You can't have it both ways!

Of course a cishet white male would say something like that :roll:

Hal-9000
05-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Of course a cishet white male would say something like that :roll:

Shows how much you know [-(

I'm one of them there Dark-Wrathy warriors.

DemonGeminiX
05-10-2019, 03:52 PM
George RR Martin has reportedly said that his wife told him that if he killed off Arya and/or Sansa, she'd divorce him. So either they're both dead, or they're both safe and every other "strong" woman is dead.

I sincerely doubt GRRM or the show runners actually give a flying flip what the feminists think.

DemonGeminiX
05-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Of course, if feminists really don't like what happens to their favorite characters, they could always write their own set of fantasy books (that nobody will ever read).

lost in melb.
05-10-2019, 04:00 PM
You made me search :slap:

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/feminist-fantasy

DemonGeminiX
05-10-2019, 04:12 PM

I'm not clicking that.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2019, 04:25 PM

I'm not clicking that.

Hal-9000
05-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Arya friend-zoned Gendry :lol:

So I make a post at another place saying the new spin off series is going to feature Tormund and Gendry traveling together south of the Twins to an area called the Friendzone.

It's gets a bunch of likes, upvotes whatever and then one chick comes in and tries to give me shit and goes on a huge diatribe saying it's about time men on the show got 'what was coming to them' and that 'the women are finally in control of the relationships.'

I don't respond but a whole bunch of strangers come to my defense :lol:

Hal-9000
05-10-2019, 04:50 PM
George RR Martin has reportedly said that his wife told him that if he killed off Arya and/or Sansa, she'd divorce him. So either they're both dead, or they're both safe and every other "strong" woman is dead.

I sincerely doubt GRRM or the show runners actually give a flying flip what the feminists think.

I've read that in this thread before :-k

I look at it this way. Martin has alluded to how much the books made him (and his other novels) and who knows how much HBO paid him for the rights.

Honey Badger don't care :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2019, 04:51 PM
So I make a post at another place saying the new spin off series is going to feature Tormund and Gendry traveling together south of the Twins to an area called the Friendzone.

It's gets a bunch of likes, upvotes whatever and then one chick comes in and tries to give me shit and goes on a huge diatribe saying it's about time men on the show got 'what was coming to them' and that 'the women are finally in control of the relationships.'

I don't respond but a whole bunch of strangers come to my defense :lol:

Hal-9000
05-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Oh boy I have a good feeling about this upcoming episode (five).

They've been far too nice to the characters we love...they gonna turn this thing into a wasteland of sorrow :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2019, 09:41 PM

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 08:25 AM
Everybody except Dany: "Hey! They're ringing the bells! It's over!"

Dany: "Nope."

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Well, I guess we know what side of the coin Dany's landed on :-k

Varys :rip:

And also newly dead-ified:

The Hound
The Mountain
Ser Jamie
Cersei
Euron (so glad Jamie killed him even if he (Jamie) was an ass going back to try and save Cersei)
Qyburn

And there were at least 2 or 3 times when I thought Arya bit it when trying to flee King's Landing

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 10:18 AM
And even though Crazy Dany burned King's Landing to the ground, it was so satisfying seeing Cersei in denial the whole time.

Qyburn - maybe we should leave and go somewhere safer
Cersei - we'll get her and that dragon, we only need one good shot
Qyburn - all the scorpions are destroyed
Cersei - well then Euron can do it, he already did it once before
Qyburn - the Iron Fleet is on fire
Cersei - the Red Keep has never fallen, it's the safest place in King's Landing
*Red Keep crumbles to the ground all around them*
Cersei - :(

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 10:18 AM

The Hound
The Mountain
Ser Jamie
Cersei
Euron (so glad Jamie killed him even if he (Jamie) was an ass going back to try and save Cersei)

And there were at least 2 or 3 times when I thought Arya bit it when trying to flee King's Landing

You forgot Qyburn. Apparently, he had a weak neck. A simple shove was all it took to break it.

The coin fell on the "Burn them all alive" side.

I wanted Sandor to live, but I knew he wasn't going to be able to kill whatever his brother was turned into. Imagine the terror falling into fire when you're that afraid of it to begin with. It's like falling into the pits of Hell.

Arya couldn't die. Somehow she's going to be involved in the death of Queen Daenerys. Either Arya kills Dany, or Arya's the reason Jon kills Dany.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 10:21 AM
You forgot Qyburn. Apparently, he had a weak neck. A simple shove was all it took to break it.

I wanted Sandor to live, but I knew he wasn't going to be able to kill whatever his brother was turned into. Imagine the terror falling into fire when you're that afraid of it to begin with. It's like falling into the pits of Hell.

Arya couldn't die. Somehow she's going to be involved in the death of Queen Daenerys. Either Arya kills Dany, or Arya's the reason Jon kills Dany.

Yeah, I amended my other post of the newly dead when I was typing up the next post :lol:

I think Jon was plenty horrified at what he saw that he won't need anyone to talk him into killing Dany.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I amended my other post of the newly dead when I was typing up the next post :lol:

I think Jon was plenty horrified at what he saw that he won't need anyone to talk him into killing Dany.

I think Jon is gonna need an extra push. I can see Dany saying something about sacking Winterfell/going after Sansa, and Arya being all like "Uh, what? I don't think so, bitch."

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 10:27 AM
I think Jon is gonna need an extra push. I can see Dany saying something about sacking Winterfell/going after Sansa, and Arya being all like "Uh, what? I don't think so, bitch."

It will be interesting to see what Tyrion does now too, he's been Team Dany the whole time, but now he got Varys executed, he tried and almost succeeded in saving King's Landing and he saw Dany go all Mad Targaryen and he too was horrified at what he saw. Will that finally be enough to push him to Team Jon?

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 10:37 AM
It will be interesting to see what Tyrion does now too, he's been Team Dany the whole time, but now he got Varys executed, he tried and almost succeeded in saving King's Landing and he saw Dany go all Mad Targaryen and he too was horrified at what he saw. Will that finally be enough to push him to Team Jon?

Probably. I was thinking they're gonna find Cersei and Jaime's bodies and that's gonna send Tyrion over the edge.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Probably. I was thinking they're gonna find Cersei and Jaime's bodies and that's gonna send Tyrion over the edge.

Yeah, I doubt they'll ever find those bodies, they were in the bowels of the Red Keep when it collapsed on top of them. I'm guessing they're buried under a bazillion tons of bricks and rock.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Can't give Dany all the 'crazy' credit...Grey Worm kinda unleashed the crazy too when he killed a Lannister soldier after they had surrendered, causing all the troops to go batshit crazy killing everyone in sight.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 10:57 AM
They're gonna have to rebuild what they broke. I seriously doubt they'll just leave it all in ruins like that.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 01:37 PM

Maybe you're right, maybe the episode prophesized it...Ididn't remember the exact quote I was thinking of, but I knew it was biblical when I saw her and that white horse at the end of the episode. Reading a re-cap gave me the exact quote:

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. -- Revelation, 6:8

Also, remember when the Hound was trying to convince Arya to leave the city once they both made it to the Red Keep and it was slowly starting to crumble? He told her to look him in the eye and asked her if she wanted to be like him? Well I thought for sure in one scene later on when Arya was trying to flee the city and she barely ducked around a corner as a huge bunch of dragon fire almost got her....they showed her slowly sitting up and only showed the left side of her face at first. I thought for sure when she slowly started to turn towards camera that the right side of her face was going to be burned to have her resemble the Hound's injury.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 02:40 PM
Funny.... articles are pointing out the Cersei was killed on Mother's Day and her father Tywin was murdered by her little brother on Father's Day (that's the day on which the episode where Tyrion killed Tywin aired several years ago).

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 02:47 PM
And hey, where did all those Dothraki come from? :-s I thought they all were snuffed out at the Battle of Winterfell? It sure looked like they ALL rode out in the first wave against the army of the dead. :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 02:52 PM
A few of them ran back after the initial charge against the dead, but not nearly the amount they had when sacking King's Landing. Maybe Dany had them in her back pocket or something.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Wow, people all olver the interwebz are losing their shit over this last episode, whining that what Dany did was completely out of character. Um, have they not been paying attention throughout the entrie series? They've been planting these seeds of the possibility of Dany going all "Mad Queen" since the first season. Most of the time her advisors are the ones that have talked her out of it. But now that she's lost everyone she trusted or believed in and that she's got nothing left to lose, this was completely in character for her IMHO.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Wow, people all olver the interwebz are losing their shit over this last episode, whining that what Dany did was completely out of character. Um, have they not been paying attention throughout the entrie series? They've been planting these seeds of the possibility of Dany going all "Mad Queen" since the first season. Most of the time her advisors are the ones that have talked her out of it. But now that she's lost everyone she trusted or believed in and that she's got nothing left to lose, this was completely in character for her IMHO.

You should see the Youtube videos. All of the people that have been trying to predict what steps the show was gonna take next... they're all crying about the episode. It's as if they're all bitching about them not getting what they wanted, like their predictions were all that mattered.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 03:48 PM
I loved every second of this episode. (forgetting about the stupid Euron/Jaime encounter)

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Everybody except Dany: "Hey! They're ringing the bells! It's over!"

Dany: "Nope."

Can't give Dany all the 'crazy' credit...Grey Worm kinda unleashed the crazy too when he killed a Lannister soldier after they had surrendered, causing all the troops to go batshit crazy killing everyone in sight.

Yep. These two definitely had a different agenda.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 03:51 PM

The Hound
The Mountain
Ser Jamie
Cersei
Qyburn

Recent episode was titled - Last of the Starks

Strange how all four of them are still alive right now :cheers:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 03:52 PM
And even though Crazy Dany burned King's Landing to the ground, it was so satisfying seeing Cersei in denial the whole time.

Qyburn - maybe we should leave and go somewhere safer
Cersei - we'll get her and that dragon, we only need one good shot
Qyburn - all the scorpions are destroyed
Cersei - well then Euron can do it, he already did it once before
Qyburn - the Iron Fleet is on fire
Cersei - the Red Keep has never fallen, it's the safest place in King's Landing
*Red Keep crumbles to the ground all around them*
Cersei - :(

Lena Headey is an amazing actress. I think we watched her get broken last night.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 03:54 PM

Internet is saying it may be Jon who takes out Dany.

My prediction for maximum hanky effect? Arya tries to kill her and dies in the process. Jon sees it and kills Dany :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Funny.... articles are pointing out the Cersei was killed on Mother's Day and her father Tywin was murdered by her little brother on Father's Day (that's the day on which the episode where Tyrion killed Tywin aired several years ago).

They took out a pregnant woman without all the normal fuss that goes along with it. Sign of a great show.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 03:58 PM
If only the Golden Company had brought elephants, things would have definitely gone differently :doh:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Lena Headey is an amazing actress. I think we watched her get broken last night.

And I loved every minute of her breaking all the way up to and including the last seconds of her pleading for her own life and the life of her unborn baby just before the entirety of the Red Keep collapses onto her head. :)

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Internet is saying ii may be Jon who takes out Dany.

My prediction for maximum hanky effect? Arya tries to kill her and dies in the process. Jon sees it and kills Dany :thumbsup:

I was thinking that too, but I didn't want to go that far. If Arya dies, every fan will revolt... and George RR Martin will be divorced in a heartbeat.

It could also go like this: Dany threatens Sansa/Winterfell, Jon speaks up, Dany executes Jon, Arya kills Dany.

OR...

Dany goes nuts and kills everybody, Arya takes Tyrion's face and kills Dany.

I'm actually really liking the idea that Arya uses her Faceless Men skills to get next to Dany and to kill her.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Recent episode was titled - Last of the Starks

Strange how all four of theme are still alive right now :cheers:

And as the last of the full blooded male born Starks, Bran takes the throne! And because of his creepy stare, nobody ever wishes an audience with him and he goes down in history as Bran the Lonely, first of his name :shock:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Yeah I haven't posted at the podcast place, but both guys were upset Dany's progression happened so fast and they uncharacteristically didn't like a few other things. Usually the podcasters themselves are supportive of the show. I can hardly wait to tell them how wrong they were and how much I loved the episode :lol: I was critical of the last episode.

They thought :

Varys was too ham-fisted at the beginning trying to recruit Jon to his side and getting busted. (6 episode season will do that...)
Euron and Jaime scene was unnecessary and stupid. Euron just happens to wash up on that beach at that time? (I agree with this 100%)
Dany lost her mind too fast. (My complaint - Ending a series like this deserved and needs two full seasons of 10 episodes each. 20 eps would have done this show justice)
Did the Mountain actually die? (podcaster made a good joke about him crawling onto the Iron Throne in the last scene :lol: )

They liked everything else.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:07 PM
I was thinking that too, but I didn't want to go that far. If Arya dies, every fan will revolt... and George RR Martin will be divorced in a heartbeat.

It could also go like this: Dany threatens Sansa/Winterfell, Jon speaks up, Dany executes Jon, Arya kills Dany.

OR...

Dany goes nuts and kills everybody, Arya takes Tyrion's face and kills Dany.

I'm actually really liking the idea that Arya uses her Faceless Men skills to get next to Dany and to kill her.

Drogon? DROGON???

*rips off dragon mask*

No it's Arya Stark you white haired pouty-lipped bitch! Time to die! :x

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:09 PM
If only the Golden Company had brought elephants, things would have definitely gone differently :doh:

Another podcaster complaint/funny thing.

Well, the Golden Company was a huge bust after hearing about them for three seasons. Need an army of guys who will lay down their weapons at the first sign of danger?

Golden Company are your guys! :tup:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:14 PM
People are talking about and loving the Arya running through the streets scenes. Me too.

What I especially liked was how they edited the scenes between her running and The Hound fighting. Someone gets thrown to the ground in one scene, cut to the other laying there.

I also really liked how they almost predicted viewer's thoughts. I thought at one point Ayra was going to save The Hound, next scene she's running outside doing something else.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:16 PM
So who was Varys writing to? Samsa? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Yeah I haven't posted at the podcast place, but both guys were upset Dany's progression happened so fast and they uncharacteristically didn't like a few other things. Usually the podcasters themselves are supportive of the show. I can hardly wait to tell them how wrong they were and how much I loved the episode :lol: I was critical of the last episode.

They thought :

Varys was too ham-fisted at the beginning trying to recruit Jon to his side and getting busted. (6 episode season will do that...)
Euron and Jaime scene was unnecessary and stupid. Euron just happens to wash up on that beach at that time? (I agree with this 100%)
Dany lost her mind too fast. (My complaint - Ending a series like this deserved and needs two full seasons of 10 episodes each. 20 eps would have done this show justice)
Did the Mountain actually die? (podcaster made a good joke about him crawling onto the Iron Throne in the last scene :lol: )

They liked everything else.

I'm fine with Varys having been busted. By this point Dany was suspicious of everyone and Varys's reputation is not a secret.
While yes, not only was the Jamie/Euron scene unnecessary and also improbable, it didn't bother me that much to detract from everything else. Although the two stab wounds (at least) that Euron inflicted on Jamie should have killed him long before he ever made it to Cersei.
I don't think Dany lost her mind too fast at all. By this point it was the natural progression of someone as narcissistic as she was. She had lost everything (in her mind) and it bothered her to no end that she left a land where she was basically worshipped and revered to coming to Westeros where her's family's reputation is know by all and she was judged with suspicion instead of being seen as a liberator.
And after that fall off the Red Keep, I'm pretty sure the Mountain is dead :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:19 PM
So who was Varys writing to? Samsa? :-k

I'm guessing he had been writing several messages, because that scroll he burned right before being taken to his execution was different than the first one we had seen. Maybe he was writing to all the heads of the rest of the 7 Kingdoms?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:20 PM
People are talking about and loving the Arya running through the streets scenes. Me too.

What I especially liked was how they edited the scenes between her running and The Hound fighting. Someone gets thrown to the ground in one scene, cut to the other laying there.

I also really liked how they almost predicted viewer's thoughts. I thought at one point Ayra was going to save The Hound, next scene she's running outside doing something else.

While I liked all that, I didn't like the way that they made her seem invincible. A person can only dodge so much dragon fire and tumbling down buildings. She should have died multiple times during that whole sequence.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:21 PM
I'm fine with Varys having been busted. By this point Dany was suspicious of everyone and Varys's reputation is not a secret.
While yes, not only was the Jamie/Euron scene unnecessary and also improbable, it didn't bother me that much to detract from everything else. Although the two stab wounds (at least) that Euron inflicted on Jamie should have killed him long before he ever made it to Cersei.
I don't think Dany lost her mind too fast at all. By this point it was the natural progression of someone as narcissistic as she was. She had lost everything (in her mind) and it bothered her to no end that she left a land where she was basically worshipped and revered to coming to Westeros where her's family's reputation is know by all and she was judged with suspicion instead of being seen as a liberator.
And after that fall off the Red Keep, I'm pretty sure the Mountain is dead :lol:

I was fine with all of it except the Urine Greyjoy scenes.

Kinda hoping the Hound would drop one last hard C-word at the Mountain. "Christ I'm tired. Just die you great big c_nt!"

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:24 PM
I'm guessing he had been writing several messages, because that scroll he burned right before being taken to his execution was different than the first one we had seen. Maybe he was writing to all the heads of the rest of the 7 Kingdoms?

It's going to be important for sure. Last actions Varys the character does and they decided to show us.

I just can't figure out what the result will be. Other lords and Samsa marching down to the smoking ruin that once was King's Landing?

Teh One Who Knocks
And no appearance of Bronn and that fancy-ass crossbow. :-k

Hal-9000
While I liked all that, I didn't like the way that they made her seem invincible. A person can only dodge so much dragon fire and tumbling down buildings. She should have died multiple times during that whole sequence.

She was using single moms and their children as shields [-(

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:25 PM
And no appearance of Bronn and that fancy-ass crossbow. :-k

Yeah I thought about Bronn too.

Appearance in the last episode to do what...shoot Tyrion?

Fans will not like that outcome much.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:27 PM
Yeah I thought about Bronn too.

Appearance in the last episode to do what...shoot Tyrion?

Fans will not like that outcome much.

With Cersei dead though, he now has no need or incentive to kill Tyrion. Maybe Bronn will be the one to kill the Mad Queen. :-k

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:29 PM
We should look at the board now. Pieces left:

Dany
Jon
Tyrion
Arya
Sansa
Bran
Bronn
Tormund
Brienne
Sam, Gilly, Baby Sam
Davos (?)
Grey Worm (?)

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:30 PM
With Cersei dead though, he now has no need or incentive to kill Tyrion. Maybe Bronn will be the one to kill the Mad Queen. :-k

If Bronn shoots Dany...with that particular crossbow...the internet blows up.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:33 PM
I was fine with all of it except the Urine Greyjoy scenes.

Kinda hoping the Hound would drop one last hard C-word at the Mountain. "Christ I'm tired. Just die you great big c_nt!"

Thinking...Sandor put a longsword through Gregor's chest and then a long dagger through his eye and brain.

All things being equal, The Hound won the Cleganebowl for sure :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:37 PM

Why would that make them go any crazier than a lot of them are already going now? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Thinking...Sandor put a longsword through Gregor's chest and then a long dagger through his eye and brain.

The scene with The Hound and Arya at the entrance to the Red Keep, when he convinces her to turn back so she won't be like him, and she call him Sandow before she leaves, got a tiny bit dusty in my house at that point. What a great scene.

So was the scene with Tyrion and Jamie when Tyrion was letting Jamie go so he could go to Cersei.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Why would that make them go any crazier than a lot of them are already going now? :lol:

It's not what THEY wanted to see or how they envisioned it.

eg Bit of a know it all at the podcasting place. I make one small joke post before this episode airs - "I think it may be better to live under Cersei's rule..."

He gets a wedgie and tells me all about how Dany is the better ruler, he didn't care for my prediction and blah blah butthurt blah.

wonder how he feels this morning? :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:43 PM
It's not what THEY wanted to see or how they envisioned it.

eg Bit of a know it all at the podcasting place. I make one small joke post before this episode airs - "I think it may be better to live under Cersei's rule..."

He gets a wedgie and tells me all about how Dany is the better ruler, he didn't care for my prediction and blah blah butthurt blah.

wonder how he feels this morning? :rofl:

It's like all these people whining about how Dany torching King's Landing is completely out of character...more like out of character for what they want her to be. Anyone that didn't see this coming from way back in season 1 has not been paying attention, really. Dany has always been ruthless and she has been prevented from being worse only because of her level headed advisors (Ser Jorah, Tyrion, Missandei). The Mad Queen has always been there, it's just been kept at bay for a long time.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:44 PM

Fucking die! :x

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:45 PM
The scene with The Hound and Arya at the entrance to the Red Keep, when he convinces her to turn back so she won't be like him, and she call him Sandow before she leaves, got a tiny bit dusty in my house at that point. What a great scene.

So was the scene with Tyrion and Jamie when Tyrion was letting Jamie go so he could go to Cersei.

My eyes started leaking when the Hound and the Mountain flew off the castle stairs :lol: (I'm a different kind of boy :) )

I think every encounter was done well.

One thing Game of Thrones has done consistently. When they kill off a character or show us a shocking progression in the story, they go all in. They teased us mercilessly for seasons about certain things. And then when something really serious goes down, it's time to fasten your seatbelts :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Fucking die! :x

He looked sooooo tired at that one point. Like a parent with a kid who wore him right down :lol:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:51 PM
It's like all these people whining about how Dany torching King's Landing is completely out of character...more like out of character for what they want her to be. Anyone that didn't see this coming from way back in season 1 has not been paying attention, really. Dany has always been ruthless and she has been prevented from being worse only because of her level headed advisors (Ser Jorah, Tyrion, Missandei). The Mad Queen has always been there, it's just been kept at bay for a long time.

One of my comments will be this : They say twice in the episode, that when a Targaryen is born a coin is flipped and the world holds its breath.

Forget for a minute how many things Dany has had to deal with. The northern people not supporting her, losing two dragons, losing troops, losing Missandei. How about she has Targaryen blood within her and while it protected her standing in the fire, at the same time it also influenced her sanity when she was riding Drogon. Maybe she couldn't stop?

They didn't put all those complimentary green explosions in the King's Landing destruction scenes for lovely color contrast. It was a callback to her Dad...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:55 PM
We should look at the board now. Pieces left:

Dany
Jon
Tyrion
Arya
Sansa
Bran
Bronn
Tormund Non-factor
Brienne Non-factor
Sam, Gilly, Baby Sam Non-factor
Davos (?)
Grey Worm (?)

As far as the finale goes, anything can happen, but I marked above the ones I think won't be a factor.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:57 PM

And if you really think that the crossbow is Chekhov's Gun, then I say it's that crossbow that kills Dany. Maybe not Bronn, but someone uses it.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 04:57 PM
As far as the finale goes, anything can happen, but I marked above the ones I think won't be a factor.

If Samsa shows I think Brienne and maybe even Tormund will be there too.

For some reason I can't see this show doing a end montage - where is everyone now - sort of thing. Too cutesy.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 04:59 PM

If Samsa shows I think Brienne and maybe even Tormund will be there too.

For some reason I can't see this show doing a end montage - where is everyone now - sort of thing. Too cutesy.

Unless they make the finale last the span of at least a week, maybe longer, there's no real way for Sansa, Brienne, and Trmund to make it down to King's Landing to be a factor.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:02 PM
And if you really think that the crossbow is Chekhov's Gun, then I say it's that crossbow that kills Dany. Maybe not Bronn, but someone uses it.

That would be creative and interesting :thumbsup:

and something that fits into my view on how this show should end :lol:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Unless they make the finale last the span of at least a week, maybe longer, there's no real way for Sansa, Brienne, and Trmund to make it down to King's Landing to be a factor.

Helloooo, it's Game of Throooones :lol:

Fast travel is part of the lore. That's one complaint that's always burned my britches in the past. 'How did they make it to ____ within one episode?? That's not real!!'

Since they rarely if ever give dates and times in between episodes, that scene could have been a month or six months after the last one shown.

The only issue I've ever had with timing is Gendry beyond the wall running back and then ravens, messages, Dany appearing on her dragon.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Still have a fear about the final scene...

Screen goes dark, then blurry, then back into focus.

Tiny Bran is laying on the ground and Ned bends over - Hey lad, are you okay? You fell a long ways.

Bran gets to his feet and looks up. Over his shoulder Hodor is watching and smiles and says - Hodor! :)

fin

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:11 PM
Helloooo, it's Game of Throooones :lol:

Fast travel is part of the lore. That's one complaint that's always burned my britches in the past. 'How did they make it to ____ within one episode?? That's not real!!'

Since they rarely if ever give dates and times in between episodes, that scene could have been a month or six months after the last one shown.

The only issue I've ever had with timing is Gendry beyond the wall running back and then ravens, messages, Dany appearing on her dragon.

https://i.imgur.com/elfqc2Sl.jpg

I forgot they had these :doh:

DemonGeminiX
Interesting flashback:

Dany's vision in the House of the Undying.

Now, with the current episode in mind, is it snow on the ground and all over the Iron Throne or ash?

Teh One Who Knocks
Still have a fear about the final scene...

Screen goes dark, then blurry, then back into focus.

Tiny Bran is laying on the ground and Ned bends over - Hey lad, are you okay? You fell a long ways.

Bran gets to his feet and looks up. Over his shoulder Hodor is watching and smiles and says - Hodor! :)

fin

I already brought up the Newhart-style ending many, many moons ago [-(

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Interesting flashback:

Now, with the current episode in mind, is it snow on the ground and all over the Iron Throne or ash?

I'm going with ash...because of recent events :lol:

More serious answer...I wonder if they envisioned a certain ending way back when and then the recent story written wouldn't support the snow thing for whatever reason and it was changed.

Gotta say this here. In my mind, I would have liked to have seen the battle with Cersei first and then against what I thought was the larger threat, the Night King and all of the wights. Again wondering if they had a certain chain of events and had to alter them when writing the ending of the series to make things work?

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:18 PM
I already brought up the Newhart-style ending many, many moons ago [-(

After my Bran prediction [-(

Speaking of which last night I had three burritos of varying intensities, then some fiber filled chips and then a large bowl of Raisin Bran.

Dracarys out of my butt this morning for sure :oops: Game of Thrones takes on a new meaning in my house today :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 05:20 PM
https://i.gifer.com/1fNR.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:20 PM
There are scores of people bitching about Cersei's death on the show saying it wasn't satisfying enough, that it should have been a person to kill her, not a collapsing building. :facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Interesting flashback:

I'm going with ash...because of recent events :lol:

More serious answer...I wonder if they envisioned a certain ending way back when and then the recent story written wouldn't support the snow thing for whatever reason and it was changed.

Gotta say this here. In my mind, I would have liked to have seen the battle with Cersei first and then against what I thought was the larger threat, the Night King and all of the wights. Again wondering if they had a certain chain of events and had to alter them when writing the ending of the series to make things work?

I'll take "What Is Ash?" for $1000 Alex.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:23 PM
There are scores of people bitching about Cersei's death on the show saying it wasn't satisfying enough, that it should have been a person to kill her, not a collapsing building. :facepalm:

*puts on screenwriter's hat*

The Red Keep is a physical metaphor for Cersie's power. It has never been taken and always grown to become a symbol of power in Westeros.

And then it all came crashing down on their heads, forever burying the last two people in power.

Fitting.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Guy made a short post a couple of weeks ago...Tyrion sits on the Iron Throne.

:-k dude may have been onto something

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:31 PM
I was watching a not great copy as usual, but did you guys notice how when Cersei was gazing out the window in the first shot you could see the old Sept of Baelor ruins off in the distance?

And she was doing that smirk :x

Smirksei

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Guy made a short post a couple of weeks ago...Tyrion sits on the Iron Throne.

:-k dude may have been onto something

I think that would be way down on my list of possible people on the throne.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:33 PM
I was watching a not great copy as usual, but did you guys notice how when Cersei was gazing out the window in the first shot you could see the old Sept of Baelor ruins off in the distance?

And she was doing that smirk :x

Smirksei

Like I said, it was wonderful watching her just fall apart as the episode went along, :tup:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:41 PM
I think that would be way down on my list of possible people on the throne.

Yes I haven't made many correct predictions and that's just fine. Someone said GoT is really good at subverting expectations and I thought that was a good description.

That's why I think Dany is absolutely crazy at this point and not just bummed a few negative things happened.

Her entire story arc from day one was getting to Westeros and sitting on the Iron Throne. Then when she finally gets there, she blows it all up and ends up with nothing.

This progression was something that made the podcasters question the episode/writing/motivations of the character and I can understand their puzzlement.

For me it plays well because life is often like that. Some shit just doesn't make sense and people don't do what is expected.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:44 PM
I think there could be a possibility that nobody takes the throne and the 7 Kingdoms become just that, 7 autonomous Kingdoms ruled by their own King or Queen.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Yes I haven't made many correct predictions and that's just fine. Someone said GoT is really good at subverting expectations and I thought that was a good description.

That's why I think Dany is absolutely crazy at this point and not just bummed a few negative things happened.

Her entire story arc from day one was getting to Westeros and sitting on the Iron Throne. Then when she finally gets there, she blows it all up and ends up with nothing.

This progression was something that made the podcasters question the episode/writing/motivations of the character and I can understand their puzzlement.

For me it plays well because life is often like that. Some shit just doesn't make sense and people don't do what is expected.

In the past, Dany sure did talk about burning and destroying the cities in retribution for what she had stolen from her. So in the respect, nuking King's Landing is very fitting with the way her character has always been.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:51 PM
I remember telling you guys about Kor Adana, the head writer for Mr Robot. He explained they actively read social media and were aware of fan predictions and expectations before every new season. Hell, he even posted on Reddit and helped guys with various screenshots and hidden items they had put online associated with the show. (they had a faux website you could access with codes and see neat Easter Eggs).

Now we have to assume the GoT writers have access and are aware of the same feedback being out there across hundreds of websites for their show.

I wonder how unsatisfying it would be if all of the fan predictions came true? Where they actually wrote according to what the fans wanted to see/felt most comfortable with based on their predictions.

My God it would be the most boring thing on television...

I know they may never admit a subtlety like this but I'm willing to wager both of them write around fan predictions with great regularity and do so with intent. If thousands of fans are saying - Oh we know that Tyrion kills Cersei, who knows..they may just strike that off the board of possibilities.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 05:53 PM
In the past, Dany sure did talk about burning and destroying the cities in retribution for what she had stolen from her. So in the respect, nuking King's Landing is very fitting with the way her character has always been.

Well yes and no. There was also part of her that wanted to rule and help the people so to speak....break the wheel in her terms.

And she broke it alright :lol:

We have to think all of those innocents dying just broke her inside as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a total batshit crazy Dany next week or someone so upset about what she did, that she kills herself and Drogon :(

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Someone last week got on me because I thought during the scene last episode with Cersei on the battlements Dany and Drogon should have blown that platform to hell.

replies -

don't be dumb, there were too many scorpions pointed at them

they can't because of rules of engagement

that's stupid, what happens after she blows it up?

If I have time and the inclination, I'm going to quote each and every response and then add a question mark :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Someone last week got on me because I thought during the scene last episode with Cersei on the battlements Dany and Drogon should have blown that platform to hell.

replies -

don't be dumb, there were too many scorpions pointed at them

they can't because of rules of engagement

that's stupid, what happens after she blows it up?

If I have time and the inclination, I'm going to quote each and every response and then add a question mark :lol:

Rules of engagement? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 06:06 PM

I did like the tactic she took to overcome the sheer amount of scorpions Cersei had. Take a high angle dive bombing route with the sun behind you to obscure the vision of the shooters :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:11 PM

The person (who is an intelligent older woman) said because both of the hands were out there parleying, everyone has to abide by the rules of engagement.

We had a long convo where I asked things like - Did I miss a secret scene? Does Cersei always follow the rules? After Missandei got beheaded does that mean the rules change? :lol:

We're friends there so she eventually admitted I had a point. She did bring up that Dany, Jon and Tyrion's side would be more inclined to follow rules of engagement and I agree.

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:13 PM
I did like the tactic she took to overcome the sheer amount of scorpions Cersei had. Take a high angle dive bombing route with the sun behind you to obscure the vision of the shooters :thumbsup:

And beyond that, just flying parallel with the walls of King's Landing and taking out every scorpion there within five minutes was cool too. Who knew dragon fire could knock down bricks like that?

Ultra cool scenes :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:24 PM
Just remembered something. It would have been a teensy bit better if the bells started ringing in King's Landing and then Dany flies by and instantly destroys the bell tower.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 06:25 PM
You know, when the bells were ringing and Dany was staring off at the Red Keep before she went Mad Queen, it's possible that she was thinking back to when Missandei was beheaded, because basically Missandei's last words were "Dracarys", so she basically told Dany to burn this bitch down. :-k

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:28 PM
You know, when the bells were ringing and Dany was staring off at the Red Keep before she went Mad Queen, it's possible that she was thinking back to when Missandei was beheaded, because basically Missandei's last words were "Dracarys", so she basically told Dany to burn this bitch down. :-k

Sure, but I have to relate a podcaster observation that I agree with.

When Missandei said dracarys, she didn't scream it or even look a little bit upset. And she was what...100 feet up and over 100 feet away from everyone at least?

Tyrion, Dany, people on the ground - What was that? Pardon me? Say again, speak up please? :lol:

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Missandei's rolling head still mumbling- Dracarys dammit, do you hear me!! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 06:42 PM
https://www.wired.com/story/game-of-thrones-recap-s8-e5/

Wanna read an SJW recap of the episode? :rolleyes: