Wanna read an SJW recap of the episode? :rolleyes:

Not really.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 07:16 PM
Not really.

Read it! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Over eight seasons of Game of Thrones, the Hound has had a slow but meaningful redemption arc, as he’s transitioned from being a violent thug for kings to a hardened loner who’s lost his taste for fighting and then to a man who’s slowly reinvented himself through community work and fighting with Jon Snow in the North — making an effort to create mostly positive change after a lifetime of wreaking mostly destruction.

Where the Hound was once the epitome of alpha male masculinity, he’s gradually softened over time: He developed a fondness for the Stark sisters, Arya in particular, and has steadily processed closely held guilt over his earlier violence and selfish actions. The Battle of Winterfell actually saw him cower for a moment, overwhelmed by his lifelong fear of fire and the reality of just how vast the army of the dead actually was. He is no longer the Hound we met in season one, nor should he be.

On Twitter, book editor Angelina Meehan recently posted a long reflective thread on the Hound’s character arc, and though it’s drawn primarily from his role in Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire books, it holds true for his character trajectory on the show as well. Meehan argues that his character is a study in how damaging toxic masculinity can be for men like the Hound who are immersed in it and forced to wield it; it ultimately leaves him devastated, weakened, and frankly pathetic, before he steadily builds himself up again as an entirely different kind of man. “The Hound is Dead,” she writes, referencing a metaphor from the books in which the Hound tries to disguise himself as a different man, “is clearly a metaphor for the violent side of his personality being relinquished. [T]hat is over.”

Except that on the show, it clearly wasn’t over.

For Sandor Clegane — a man who gradually rejected the idea of ultraviolence as a way of life — to choose to trek back to King’s Landing purely to seek revenge on his zombified brother at long last might arguably be a step backward in his narrative trajectory. Sure, it offers some potential catharsis, and it definitely ticks an item off the Game of Thrones fan-service bucket list. But is it true to the character?

In the end, that might not even have mattered. The Hound who fought the Mountain in “The Bells” was the character fans first fell in love with, and that’s who they wanted to see go out with a bang — or, in this case, a plunge. And those fans got their wish.

From a "progressive" website about the Cleganebowl :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 07:53 PM
What I would really like to know is whether or not what the show runners have done with this final two seasons will effect or influence what George RR Martin had intended for the final two books. His story could end vastly different then the show.

lost in melb.
05-13-2019, 09:22 PM
I'm an hour in. :shock:

lost in melb.
05-13-2019, 09:47 PM
From a "progressive" website about the Cleganebowl :rolleyes:

No, I'm going to give it to them... He probably did become an arguable example of male toxicity for a while. You know. Slaughtering people and not giving to much of a f*ck :dunno:

I wonder what that makes Dany then? :-k

lost in melb.
05-13-2019, 09:49 PM
I didn't watch any previews to this ep. That was brutal, horrible :|

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 10:24 PM
I didn't watch any previews to this ep. That was brutal, horrible :|

Did you watch the "previously on" clip that usually starts each episode? The one attached to this episode was kinda important.

lost in melb.
05-13-2019, 10:25 PM
Did you watch the "previously on" clip that usually starts each episode? The one attached to this episode was kinda important.

Yes but not the preview clip for ep 5 at the end of ep. 4. Wanted to go in clueless

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Yes but not the preview clip for ep 5 at the end of ep. 4. Wanted to go in clueless

They didn't really show anything in the preview.

lost in melb.
05-13-2019, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry to say this but John can be weak as piss sometimes. Should have bent Dany over the war table and fucked her hard like she wanted. Disaster averted!

lost in melb.
05-13-2019, 10:29 PM

Ok, I wasn't sure. Sometimes they give the entire episode away.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 11:45 PM
No, I'm going to give it to them... He probably did become an arguable example of male toxicity for a while. You know. Slaughtering people and not giving to much of a f*ck :dunno:

I wonder what that makes Dany then? :-kStay woke :hand:

lost in melb.
05-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Stay woke :hand:

woke
/wəʊk/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past of wake1.
adjectiveINFORMAL•US
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 12:11 PM

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 12:18 PM
Anybody get Jason Voorhees vibes from the Mountain during Cleganebowl?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 01:40 PM
Anybody get Jason Voorhees vibes from the Mountain during Cleganebowl?

Either Jason or Darth Vader sans mask.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Man, people are STILL losing their shit over Dany's downward spiral that happened, it's hilarious reading. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Man, people are STILL losing their shit over Dany's downward spiral that happened, it's hilarious reading. :lol:

Wouldn't it be fucking hilarious if authors and film writers all started writing fiction where all female characters were evil or descended into becoming evil? Just to piss everybody off?

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 02:47 PM
What I would really like to know is whether or not what the show runners have done with this final two seasons will effect or influence what George RR Martin had intended for the final two books. His story could end vastly different then the show.

That's my question. Which thing is going to influence the other?

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 02:49 PM

Other than the key line about each time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin and the world holds it breath.

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 02:50 PM
Other than the key line about each time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin and the world holds it breath.

That was said earlier in the series. I can't remember which season it was, but I know it wasn't new.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 02:50 PM

Place I post at is discussing two possibilities - Dany went full on Targaryen crazy or it was just a military decision.

I'm in the crazy camp and since people are considering it a weakness or slight against the character, I'm pretty much alone :lol:

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 02:52 PM
That was said earlier in the series. I can't remember which season it was, but I know it wasn't new.

Yep and Varys said it again in the recent ep.

Kinda like a certain line was mentioned twice right before The Sopranos ended.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 02:52 PM
So did you guys realize Varys' plan was to poison Dany?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 02:57 PM
So did you guys realize Varys' plan was to poison Dany?

I've seen that theory, but there was nothing definitive in the episode (that I saw) that would prove that out other than that girl he was using was working in the kitchen.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 02:59 PM
I've seen that theory, but there was nothing definitive in the episode (that I saw) that would prove that out other than that girl he was using was working in the kitchen.

Some dude on Twitter said the writers D&D confirmed the theory.

https://i.imgur.com/7eA02ju.jpg

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:02 PM
And the reasoning behind it is otherwise the girl and the scene and mentioning the kitchen is pointless in the minutes leading up to his death.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Re: Dany making a 'normal' military decision.

One guy online starts talking about events in the books, which I'm reading for the third time, and is trying to tie in Dany's past actions to her actions in the recent episode.

Other than the books have nothing to do with the show discussion (we separate them), he was trying to say in the past we've only seen Dany from the dragon's perspective when she was liberating cities. We never have seen the action on the ground.

I respond - Not once in the books or in the show did she commit genocide and kill every person she was trying to liberate. Kind of counterproductive for the freer of people isn't it? This was different, this was an escalation.

Then I said her Targaryen blood saved her from being burned in the fire, why couldn't it also be responsible for her bloodlust and insanity in battle?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Could you find a bigger graphic? I can barely see that one. :-k

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:12 PM
You see, some people are bitching because they feel the show didn't give us enough time and reason for Dany to go crazy. Some do believe she lost it, but there weren't enough events to justify it in their minds.

So then I come in with the - Noooo, she's actually crazy from a physical cause that goes back centuries in her bloodline.

They hate me :lol:

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Could you find a bigger graphic? I can barely see that one. :-k

:slap:

I normally resize Imgur graphics because I guess they're all phone sized and people can't see 1500 x 10 million on phones for some reason :lol:

didn't do this one, bite the weenie

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 03:15 PM
You see, some people are bitching because they feel the show didn't give us enough time and reason for Dany to go crazy. Some do believe she lost it, but there weren't enough events to justify it in their minds.

So then I come in with the - Noooo, she's actually crazy from a physical cause that goes back centuries in her bloodline.

They hate me :lol:

That's what I don't understand about these people. The show has been sowing these seeds of her possibly going crazy since SEASON ONE ffs. The only reason she hasn't gone Mad Queen earlier is because her advisors always talked her down from the ledge. Did it seem to happen quick this season? Maybe. But there were plenty of things leading up to it that really pushed her to the brink and then over the edge finally. All these people saying it was completely out of character are insane.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:18 PM
To be fair the writers do an after-show segment and someone posted a statement by them that supports the military choice thing. They haven't come right out and said Dany lost it. But there's still one more episode and that may figure prominently into the plotline and they may not want to blow it.

I said she committed an ethnic cleansing and made damn sure to list every other civilization she's freed without doing that, then reminded folks that she had the main gate blown down, the Golden Company had surrendered, she had wiped out almost every other military unit in King's Landing, and then went on to kill almost a million innocent people. That ain't normal.

ethnic cleansing got a response :lol:

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:21 PM
That's what I don't understand about these people. The show has been sowing these seeds of her possibly going crazy since SEASON ONE ffs. The only reason she hasn't gone Mad Queen earlier is because her advisors always talked her down from the ledge. Did it seem to happen quick this season? Maybe. But there were plenty of things leading up to it that really pushed her to the brink and then over the edge finally. All these people saying it was completely out of character are insane.

They're saying it gives the character no agency if she had to give in to insane impulses. Like they're offended Dany actually was affected by a family trait.

My response - She just wiped out a city of innocents. And hello? Her Dad was the MAD KING :lol:

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:24 PM
I also started - Post your wild off the cuff idea for an ending.

One of mine - Dany realizes the horror that she's committed and flies Drogon straight up into the clouds, then straight down towards the ground at subsonic speed.

She wants to ensure this is the last of the dragons.

should of seen the pushback on that :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 03:24 PM
There's got to be something else to the madness with the Mad King. I'm still thinking Bran did something or another, like he did with Hodor.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Another ending I posted:

Jon, Arya, Sansa, Bran have all passed away. There's a time jump and we see Sam & Gilly's full grown children.

They look suspiciously like Jon :shock: and placard on the screen says - Last of the Taragaryens? :lol:

people - No way! Gilly would never screw around on Sam. WTF is wrong with you?

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 03:27 PM
I also started - Post your wild off the cuff idea for an ending.

One of mine - Dany realizes the horror that she's committed and flies Drogon straight up into the clouds, then straight down towards the ground at subsonic speed.

She wants to ensure this is the last of the dragons.

should of seen the pushback on that :lol:

Dany tries to get Drogon to roast Jon and Drogon says 'fuck you' and eats Dany instead... because female Targaryens taste like chicken. And everybody lives happily ever after. Until Bran starts warging into guys while they're fucking because he never got laid.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:28 PM
There's got to be something else to the madness with the Mad King. I'm still thinking Bran did something or another, like he did with Hodor.

I'm curious where the overall family reputation comes from if that's the case.

Varys talks about one out of two is nuts, so I'm not sure how prevalent it really was.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Dany tries to get Drogon to roast Jon and Drogon says 'fuck you' and eats Dany instead... because female Targaryens taste like chicken. And everybody lives happily ever after. Until Bran starts warging into guys while they're fucking because he never got laid.

On a more serious note I said Tyrion somehow gets the crossbow from Bronn and uses it to kill Dany while defending someone else.

also

Jon has to kill Dany because Arya tried and got hurt or killed in the process.

There's a big groupthink on the net that says Jon Snow really hasn't done anything considering his lineage and other people always seem to step up and do the important stuff :lol: I disagree a little but can see their point.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 03:31 PM
They're saying it gives the character no agency if she had to give in to insane impulses. Like they're offended Dany actually was affected by a family trait.

My response - She just wiped out a city of innocents. And hello? Her Dad was the MAD KING :lol:

I look at it this way, she was liberating all the slaves while she was building her army and they worshiped her and loved her for doing so. She expected the same thing when she got to Westeros but instead they see her as an invader and view her suspiciously because she's a Targaryan and she doesn't like that at all. Not to mention she saw just how much everyone loves Jon Snow and it ate away at her because that's how she wanted to be treated. How she believes she should be treated. She has always been a narcissist.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 03:32 PM

Bran wasn't even alive when the Mad King ruled? Or he was just an infant and not yet a Three Eyed Raven yet anyways.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 03:36 PM
I'm curious where the overall family reputation comes from if that's the case.

Varys talks about one out of two is nuts, so I'm not sure how prevalent it really was.

He didn't really say that it was one out of two, it was that it just depended on the way the coin landed. Either they were normal or they were nuts. There could have been a streak of 4 or 5 'normal' in a row and then suddenly with the next one, the coin came up 'nuts'.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:38 PM
I look at it this way, she was liberating all the slaves while she was building her army and they worshiped her and loved her for doing so. She expected the same thing when she got to Westeros but instead they see her as an invader and view her suspiciously because she's a Targaryan and she doesn't like that at all. Not to mention she saw just how much everyone loves Jon Snow and it ate away at her because that's how she wanted to be treated. How she believes she should be treated. She has always been a narcissist.

The scene with her and Jon at the window before the battle. He says something about not having to kill everyone and she makes some cryptic statement about the need to start over from scratch sort of thing. (I can find the exchange but you guys probably recall it)

So she's contemplating doing the full cleanse before going into battle. Point for sanity/narcissism/I wasn't breastfed enough as a child.

But as I pointed out, they also said she hadn't slept and eaten for two days since they got back. So THAT can't help things mentally can it?

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:38 PM
He didn't really say that it was one out of two, it was that it just depended on the way the coin landed. Either they were normal or they were nuts. There could have been a streak of 4 or 5 'normal' in a row and then suddenly with the next one, the coin came up 'nuts'.

Yeah yeah okay be pedantic. You know what I meant. :slap:

The reputation is there for a reason because it must have happened to more than one person.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Bran wasn't even alive when the Mad King ruled? Or he was just an infant and not yet a Three Eyed Raven yet anyways.

Same could be said about young Hodor before he got Hodor'ed. There was no way Bran was alive during that flashback so it was greenseeing time travel that allowed the event to happen.

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Bran wasn't alive when Hodor was a kid and Bran forced that conniption on him either.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 03:49 PM
I really loved those Bran moments when he was greenseeing. Especially that Hodor episode.

Can you imagine seeing your father as a young man and discovering he not only lied about your half brother, he also lied about defeating the best swordsman in Westeros? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 03:59 PM
I really loved those Bran moments when he was greenseeing. Especially that Hodor episode.

Can you imagine seeing your father as a young man and discovering he not only lied about your half brother, he also lied about defeating the best swordsman in Westeros? :lol:

I think that's more of a commentary on human nature and the tendency to make things bigger and more epic than they really are. Pick and choose your point in history and look at the newspaper headlines during that time period and compare that with what we know about what really happened beyond the propaganda.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:03 PM
I think that's more of a commentary on human nature and the tendency to make things bigger and more epic than they really are. Pick and choose your point in history and look at the newspaper headlines during that time period and compare that with what we know about what really happened beyond the propaganda.

I wonder why though, Ned Stark went with the Arthur Dayne story? Howland Reed was there and helped Ned, and Ned is usually such an honorable guy.

Wasn't it a huge dust up at first with lots of guys and then it was down to Ned, Arthur and Howland?

I can google and check out the book lore, but it was a prominent scene in the TV show as well.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Geez man they could make a cool TV series just using that one Wiki entry about Arthur Dayne.

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 04:07 PM
I wonder why though, Ned Stark went with the Arthur Dayne story? Howland Reed was there and helped Ned, and Ned is usually such an honorable guy.

Wasn't it a huge dust up at first with lots of guys and then it was down to Ned, Arthur and Howland?

I can google and check out the book lore, but it was a prominent scene in the TV show as well.

Yeah, Arthur Dayne and one or two others versus 5 or 6, then it was down to Reed and Stark vs Dayne. Dayne knocked Reed out of the fight for a few minutes and had Stark dead to rights and Reed stabbed Dayne in the back.

Well, Ned was Lord of Winterfell. Royals and such usually had tall tales associated with their names.

Jaime 'the Kingslayer' Lannister, actually stabbed the mad Targaryen in the back. So there's that as well.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 04:10 PM
History is written by the victors.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Yeah, Arthur Dayne and one or two others versus 5 or 6, then it was down to Reed and Stark vs Dayne. Dayne knocked Reed out of the fight for a few minutes and had Stark dead to rights and Reed stabbed Dayne in the back.

Well, Ned was Lord of Winterfell. Royals and such usually had tall tales associated with their names.

I'm a little upset because I heard the prequel will go back thousands of years.

That time right before Robert's Rebellion sounds so interesting. Arthur was a good friend to Rhaegar Targaryen (broke 12 lances against Rhaegar in a losing bid at a tourney he won) and some of the references to his prowess are impressive.

Jaime - I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right.

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 04:15 PM
I'm a little upset because I heard the prequel will go back thousands of years.

That time right before Robert's Rebellion sounds so interesting. Arthur was a good friend to Rhaegar Targaryen (broke 12 lances against Rhaegar in a losing bid at a tourney he won) and some of the references to his prowess are impressive.

Jaime - I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right.

Hopefully for the prequel they get the same writers that Star Trek: Discovery uses :tup:

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Martin's back stories are so impressive. Dayne was buddies with Rhaegar and knew about him and Lyanna Stark. The fight him and Ned got into was after Robert's Rebellion, where Robert (and the world) thought Rhaegar had kidnapped Lyanna Stark. Instead both of them were married (Robert was betrothed to Lyanna) and having an affair. Arthur Dayne was helping his friend Rhaegar.

The whole thing started the downfall of the Targaryens on the throne at King's Landing, which they had held for decades before.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Hopefully for the prequel they get the same writers that Star Trek: Discovery uses :tup:

*opening scene*

Starks never existed. Their written history is false and there were REALLY a family of people named the Fienbergs.

This is their story...

:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 04:19 PM
*opening scene*

Starks never existed. Their written history is false and there were REALLY a family of people named the Fienbergs.

This is their story...

:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 04:22 PM
My big question with that is if Howland Reed was there, then Reed knew about Jon, knew about the promise Lyanna Stark asked of Ned before she died. Everyone watching the show and reading the books was so enamored with the enigma that was Jon Snow's parents from day 1. How big of a dick is George RR Martin to not only let a character who knows the secret remain alive in the story, but also not make him even a minor recurring character in the story at all? Somehow, somewhere Howland Reed is still alive in this story and he knows everything and always has.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:29 PM
My big question with that is if Howland Reed was there, then Reed knew about Jon, knew about the promise Lyanna Stark asked of Ned before she died. Everyone watching the show and reading the books was so enamored with the enigma that was Jon Snow's parents from day 1. How big of a dick is George RR Martin to not only let a character who knows the secret remain alive in the story, but also not make him even a minor recurring character in the story at all? Somehow, somewhere Howland Reed is still alive in this story and he knows everything and always has.

Podcaster dude is a big fan of the books and he says one of his biggest regrets about the TV show is that we never got to meet Howland Reed.

He cites exactly what you've written above along with the same questions.

And a bit of a sidebar - Wasn't Jojen a relative too? The other greenseeing guy besides Bran?

There's a huge story there :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Jojen and Meera are Howland's children.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Yeah, Jojen was Howland's son and tells his Dad about how his leigelord (Ned) was killed by using his greenseer powers.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 04:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zgQ9V1Q.jpg

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:33 PM

So is Bran going to just plug into a tree somewhere and that's it for him?

Bye Bran, don't forget to take care of that bark in the summer :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 04:52 PM

So is Bran going to just plug into a tree somewhere and that's it for him?

Bye Bran, don't forget to take care of that bark in the summer :tup:

The final scene will show (insert character here) about to take the throne and that's when Bran springs out of his wheelchair and yells "sic semper tyrannis" and slits their throat before they take the throne and turns to face the horrified crowd with a smile and says "I've been faking it tho whole time bitchez!" as he takes his rightful place on the throne.

*fade out*

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 04:57 PM
The final scene will show (insert character here) about to take the throne and that's when Bran springs out of his wheelchair and yells "sic semper tyrannis" and slits their throat before they take the throne and turns to face the horrified crowd with a smile and says "I've been faking it tho whole time bitchez!" as he takes his rightful place on the throne.

*fade out*

Bran is Howland Reed :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 05:11 PM
BY Eric Italiano - Coed.com

https://i.imgur.com/vE9spNY.jpg

Over the course of just 10 years, A Song of Ice and Fire writer George R.R. Martin has gone from being a niche New Jersey fantasy novelist to one of the most recognizable names on the face of the planet. Talk about a come up.

And now that Game of Thrones iconic eight-season run is finally coming to an end on HBO, the attention is being shifted back to Martin, as he famously has not released A Song of Ice and Fire book since 2011’s A Dance with Dragons.

In a recent interview with business magazine FastCompany, Martin revealed an interesting tidbit about a character that he feels has been awarded too much screentime throughout the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QXPbhDMCg

“It’s hard enough to come up with a good story and good characters and things like that, but in television and film not only does the writer have to come up with that, but then he has to fight for it politically. In some cases, there’s butting heads and clashing egos and there’s debates,” Martin begins.

“You get totally extraneous things like the studio or the network weighing in, and they have some particular thing that has nothing to do with story, but relates to, ‘Well this character has a very high Q Rating so let’s give him a lot more stuff to do even though he’s a rather unimportant character,’” he explains.

While Martin does not identify the character by name, video clips of Ser Bronn of the Blackwater appear during this portion of the interview.

During the years, Bronn has become one of the major fan favorites, as his combination of fighting skills, love for women and money, and sharp tongue has made him almost the Every Man Hero of Westeros.

The final season of HBO’s iconic, Emmy Award-winning fantasy drama Game of Thrones — which first premiered on Sunday, April 17, 2011 — will conclude its eighth and final season on Sunday, May 19, 2019.

lost in melb.
05-14-2019, 05:15 PM
<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxa9tcbJMW4/" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxa9tcbJMW4/" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxa9tcbJMW4/" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">The best, sweetest most wonderful sister from another mother @iamlenaheadey . That was a fun decade ��</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/nikolajwilliamcw/" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Nikolaj Coster-Waldau</a> (@nikolajwilliamcw) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2019-05-13T23:34:03+00:00">May 13, 2019 at 4:34pm PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 05:16 PM
So Bronn became a fan favorite. I'm sure many of Martin's characters gained and lost visibility throughout the TV series.

That's what you get when you attend a couple of lunches with the writers and give them vague plot points once every five years you dick.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 05:43 PM
I read that Martin did map out the Hodor origins story with the writers and then you hear rumors about him ignoring large portions of the final seasons saying it's your show now.

I'm not sure how to receive the books if/when they come out.

On the one hand if he just writes about the major plot points from the show, it'll seem like a retread.

On the other hand if he changes everything, there will be this opposition of forces in my mind saying - Hey, the Night King didn't do that or Sansa didn't die there.

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2019, 06:02 PM
I read that Martin did map out the Hodor origins story with the writers and then you hear rumors about him ignoring large portions of the final seasons saying it's your show now.

I'm not sure how to receive the books if/when they come out.

On the one hand if he just writes about the major plot points from the show, it'll seem like a retread.

On the other hand if he changes everything, there will be this opposition of forces in my mind saying - Hey, the Night King didn't do that or Sansa didn't die there.

Plot twist: In the books (so far), there is no Night King.

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Plot twist: In the books (so far), there is no Night King.

Yeah I'm on my third time through reading them.

And you know that Fatty Slowpants hasn't introduced the Night King because he's a lazy dickweed and didn't come up with a backstory for the white walkers.

Actually I'm a big fan of his writing and I don't reread many books.

Coincidentally I'm right at the part in the first book where everyone has gone to King's Landing, Bran is recovering in bed and awake and Dany has been gifted the dragon eggs after marrying Khal Drogo.

Old Nan is telling Bran some scary stories and uses the term 'white walkers' and then uses the more familiar term 'the Others'. I think Bran says wtf when she calls them white walkers :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 12:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AwnNntv.jpg

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 02:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/empgadt.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 02:41 PM

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:10 PM
a billion pieces :lol:

lost in melb.
05-15-2019, 04:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/empgadt.jpg

lost in melb.
05-15-2019, 04:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DemThrones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DemThrones</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GameofThrones</a> <br><br>‘So Arya is going to kill Cersei?’<br>GOT writers : Nope <br>‘Jaime, definitely Jaime.’ <br>Writers : nah, but it’s gonna be glorious.<br>‘Dany and Drogon??’ <br>Writer : not actually! <br>‘Then who?’<br>Writer : <a href="https://t.co/egzd8Vf8Q4">pic.twitter.com/egzd8Vf8Q4</a></p>&mdash; reynold yumnam (@reynoldjag) <a href="https://twitter.com/reynoldjag/status/1127771299953008642?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 02:28 PM
By James Barrett - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/EzR6trzl.jpg

It's safe to say that the final season of the most costly television series ever has not gone the way many fans hoped — particularly fans on the left, who have expressed a combination of despair and outrage over the collapse of the climate change theme and the direction of several of the female characters' storylines, particularly Daenerys' descent into a murderous, city-burning tyrant. But it's not only left-leaning audience members who feel the producers have fumbled the final chapter, with many viewers taking issue with story and production decisions, including a notoriously dark final battle with the White Walkers and unsatisfying endings for some key characters.

So it's not surprising that a fan-created petition for a redo of the final season — "with competent writers" — has rapidly racked up hundreds of thousands of signatures (h/t John Sexton).

A Change.org petition titled simply "Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers" has now amassed 350,000 signatures (200,000 of those in less than 24 hours), and it shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

"David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on. This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!" the succinct petition reads.

As The Daily Wire has noted, some of the strongest criticism of the final season has been ideologically driven. Among the complaints is that HBO "literally shattered" the show's global warming theme, which book series' author George R.R. Martin famously helped promote in an October 2018 interview with The New York Times, in which he touted the "great parallel" between the series' "winter is coming" theme and climate change. "[T]he people in Westeros are fighting their individual battles over power and status and wealth," said Martin. "And those are so distracting them that they’re ignoring the threat of 'winter is coming,' which has the potential to destroy all of them and to destroy their world. And there is a great parallel there to, I think, what I see this planet doing here, where we’re fighting our own battles."

But the rather easy destruction of the Night King by a single character "shattered" that theme for ThinkProgress's Joe Romm. "One of the show’s heroes single-handedly ended the existential climate threat with a clever knife trick — abruptly returning the storyline to a conventional tale of humans fighting among themselves for political power," Romm wrote in a piece for the left-wing site. "In the real world, climate change is far too challenging a threat to be ended by one person — or even one battle that doesn’t include all of the major powers."

The most impassioned criticisms, however, have revolved around some of the show's key female characters. "Until recently, you could make the argument that Game of Thrones was a stealthily feminist show," The Guardian's Abigail Chandler wrote. "In its early years it might have lured in the typical male fantasy crowd with sex, violence and alpha-male characters like Ned and Robb Stark, Robert Baratheon and Jaime Lannister, but before you knew it a woman was on the Iron Throne, her main challenger was also a woman, and Westeros was stuffed full of female assassins, knights, wily politicos and Dame Diana Rigg. ... Which is why it’s so frustrating to see the show slip back into its old ways in this final season. Coming off the back of The Long Night’s excellent twist ending – where Arya, rather than the expected hero Jon Snow, killed the Night King – the latest episode is especially disappointing. So many of the show’s strongest female characters were undermined by showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss, who also wrote this episode."

Along with Daenerys' spiral into paranoia, bitterness, and bloodlust, a scene with Sansa Stark suggesting being raped helped empower her has disturbed many fans, including actress Jessica Chastain. "Rape is not a tool to make a character stronger," Chastain tweeted. "A woman doesn’t need to be victimized in order to become a butterfly. The #littlebird was always a Phoenix. Her prevailing strength is solely because of her. And her alone."
Slate's Inkoo Kang also notes that feminist fans' are in an "uproar" over "Brienne’s pleading with Jaime to stay by her side after their relationship turned briefly sexual" and "the 'fridging' of Missandei, whose death was particularly disappointing to viewers who’d grown attached to the show’s sole prominent woman of color."

"Game of Thrones" is the most costly television series in history, with most episodes costing over $10 million, and around $15 million for the final few seasons.

================================================== ===

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2019, 02:42 PM
I bet George RR Martin is laughing his ass off, saying, "If they think this is bad, wait until they read what I've got in store for them in the last two books!"

Seriously, have people missed the first 5 books and past 7 seasons?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 03:03 PM
I bet George RR Martin is laughing his ass off, saying, "If they think this is bad, wait until they read what I've got in store for them in the last two books!"

Seriously, have people missed the first 5 books and past 7 seasons?

It's all the feminists and SJW's that wanted Dany to be the perfect hero and save everyone and rule the 7 Kingdoms happily ever after. They completely ignored everything prior to this season that showed Dany had the capability of being cruel and evil, not to mention the fact that Teh Crazy runs through her blood because of the inbreeding in her family.

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Oh good so now we get Ru-Paul playing Sansa.

Speaking of Sansa what do these women expect? Her marrying Joffey and Ramsey then getting abused is a large part of her story.

The only alternative for a reaction is that she's scarred for life, needs counseling and is not able to be in a room with a man. Fuck that.

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 03:51 PM
It's all the feminists and SJW's that wanted Dany to be the perfect hero and save everyone and rule the 7 Kingdoms happily ever after. They completely ignored everything prior to this season that showed Dany had the capability of being cruel and evil, not to mention the fact that Teh Crazy runs through her blood because of the inbreeding in her family.

Even if it's not the crazy blood in Dany and she just made a military decision, that would be even more supportive of feminism. Dany was totally empowered in that moment, fuck everyone else and their advice.

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:21 PM
I like how they briefly touch upon characters like Lady Olenna and Arya and then move on to another subject.

If you look at Game of Thrones across the board there have been just as many female characters with total agency in the show.

Hell, Cersei and Dany are two of the most powerful characters throughout the series.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 04:40 PM
You will never ever please the feminist/SJW crowd. Dany being a woman going crazy and looking crazed while doing (whether she snapped or whether it was a genocidal military choice) it fits into the 'bitches be crazy' story pushed by the patriarchy. :hand:

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:46 PM
You know what's really getting to them?

The two mentions of men running things within the story. They said something blatant that way last episode too. Super quick comments.

Like DGX mentions, hello it's Game of Thrones! This is how the source material and by extension the show looks at men and women during medieval times. Even if it's not one to one medieval history with our real history, it's the way Martin created the world.

Good golly it could be a lot worse considering...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 04:48 PM
You know what's really getting to them?

The two mentions of men running things within the story. They said something blatant that way last episode too. Super quick comments.

Like DGX mentions, hello it's Game of Thrones! This is how the source material and by extension the show looks at men and women during medieval times. Even if it's not one to one medieval history with our real history, it's the way Martin created the world.

Good golly it could be a lot worse considering...

They bitch about Sansa being raped and her saying that it helped make her who she now is. She didn't even get the worst of the things in the series. What about poor Theon at the hands of Ramsey Bolton? Theon by far and away got the worst treatment and torture of any character, and it was very prolonged. But he's just a guy, so that doesn't count.

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:50 PM
They bitch about Sansa being raped and her saying that it helped make her who she now is. She didn't even get the worst of the things in the series. What about poor Theon at the hands of Ramsey Bolton? Theon by far and away got the worst treatment and torture of any character, and it was very prolonged. But he's just a guy, so that doesn't count.

For sure, tortured for weeks and genitally mutilated.

But since the Greyjoys were republicans he deserved it :lol:

sorry, you're not having the best of days. I shouldn't do that :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 04:53 PM
For sure, tortured for weeks and genitally mutilated.

But since the Greyjoys were republicans he deserved it :lol:

sorry, you're not having the best of days. I shouldn't do that :lol:

My day is okay, just frustrating, I need the laughs :lol:

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:53 PM
I was wondering if they would bring up the bear scene where Jaime saves Brienne in the bear pit.

Something like - She didn't need saving and could have got away by herself because she's a woman etc etc.

No she couldn't of! She needed help :lol:

That's another strong female character. Brienne beat the Hound almost to death...so wouldn't that mean she could beat the Mountain too?

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:55 PM
My day is okay, just frustrating, I need the laughs :lol:

I can just see King's Landing filled with all of these blue haired women who have piercings and one arm in the air with a fist while the other hand is holding a phone.

Please God no :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 11:51 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 11:54 AM
BxSSIrTFwqA

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 01:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1ovQwA1.jpg

Hal-9000
05-17-2019, 03:03 PM
Never did mention that both Sansa and Dany looked like they were dressed by the Hellraiser Cenobites. Especially Sansa's recent outfits.

DemonGeminiX
05-17-2019, 06:24 PM
Time to play, Little Bird?

Hal-9000
05-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Time to play, Little Bird?

I started the books again and keep hitting the moments that the current TV show moments reference in offhand ways.

Hal-9000
05-17-2019, 07:03 PM
I wish Sansa could have seen the Hound fight his brother.

I think she appreciated his help way back when.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 09:01 PM
I just watched the Hell's Bells video, the long one, it's really freaky how well it matches that whole scene

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 09:45 PM
I know who will take the Iron Throne :shock:

Hot Pie :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 10:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJIj9L_NU2Q

DemonGeminiX
05-17-2019, 11:23 PM
I just watched the Hell's Bells video, the long one, it's really freaky how well it matches that whole scene

It's pretty cool. Reminds me of back in the day when we tried synching up The Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon.

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 04:29 PM

It's pretty cool. Reminds me of back in the day when we tried synching up The Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon.

I thought about the song in the moment while watching. The cadence of the ringing is what reminded me of it.

And yep, the ACDC soundtrack laid over is pretty cool to watch :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 04:30 PM
I know who will take the Iron Throne :shock:

Hot Pie :tup:

I've been jokingly pushing that Sweet Robin should/will take the throne at that other site.

Someone there is real serious and doens't like it when I say he's been running around the Vale asking everyone - Got Milk? :tup: :lol:

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 04:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJIj9L_NU2Q

Twice we hear - You/I am not here to be queen of the ashes.

whoopsy :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 02:24 AM
It's over! Let the Feminist and SJW crying begin!!!

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:23 AM
As the first crippled king of Westeros (hooray for the handicapped!!!), Bran the Broken, first of his name, will order the installation of curb cuts and wheelchair ramps all over the land, and handicapped parking spots and passes for horses that tote gimps all over! And heads will roll if there aren't hand crank elevators in every spire in every castle, dammit!

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:58 AM

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Plot twist : Bran was inside Drogon throughout the entire attack.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:00 AM
It was like being inside of a long nightmare with an impending sense of dread and then nothing happens but a few uncomfortable laughs.

Most of the episode was like a love letter to Tyrion, we saw a lot through his eyes. The lines at times seemed corny and forced, particularly Tyrion convincing Greyworm about stories and kings.

Speaking of which didn't Tyrion ultimately use fear to influence Jon into killing Dany? Saying she probably considered Jon as her biggest threat? Not a great look for Tyrion there.

1. Didn't like Sansa cock-blocking Edmure during his bid for power.
2. Didn't like Sansa opting the North out of the 7 kingdoms. SEVEN.
3. Didn't like Greyworm as the new Moral Compass/Bond Villain.
4. Didn't like almost every lovable character surviving. Small Council.
5. Loved Arya saying - I'll cut you bitch - to Yara.
6. Loved Jon killing Dany.
7. Loved Bran's comment about coming all that way.

The look in Maisie Williams' eyes when she talked about sailing west screamed sequel to me. I would certainly watch it. Arya's Adventures :)

I believe Jon was encouraged by the Night's Watch to go and live with the Wildlings. I assume they must hold him in some form of regard as he did the kingly thing and helped the two factions survive and live together.

And I can't believe I'm going to complain about this. D&D wrote and directed this episode and it felt too fan servicey to me. Tyrion, Davos, Bronn, Brienne, Tormund, Sam, Podrick, Gendry, Ghost and all of the Starks survive and thrive. Five years ago that Small Council scene would have been considered Game of Thrones forbidden porn.

I liked the idea of Sam writing, but calling it by name was way too on the nose for me.

I learned one thing from season eight: We only needed one dragon and one Arya to obliterate two of the worst badasses television has ever seen. (and their armies). Seemed a little rushed.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:03 AM
Jon is secretly Rhaegar Targaryen's son and rightful heir to the Iron Throne!

and, and??

Really not much. It amounted to nothing :|

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:04 AM
Brienne's actual entry : Jaime was a lousy lover, clumsy fighter and his hand was cold. Armor hid his Dad bod and he wore Cersei's perfume.

New title change from Kingslayer to One Knight Stand. Love em and leave em Lannister.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:11 AM
I get tired of hearing that Bran is all knowing and all seeing.

People - Just because he has the ability doesn't mean he's used the ability constantly.

How much time do you think it would take for Bran to see every moment in time? That's right, it would take every.moment.in.time.

He obviously hasn't viewed their entire history, and also hasn't seen every possible outcome of the future either.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:15 AM
Apparently a new mini series that started last Sunday.Stars Sean Bean from LOTR's fame.It's supposed to be quite good, already been picked up for a second season after airing only one installment :thumbsup:

Anyone happen to watch this?

:(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 10:21 AM

Funny because as I was watching it, I could hear the seething and screaming of the interwebz and all of them firing up horrible critiques about the episode :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 10:23 AM
Initial reaction, while I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either. It felt very anti-climactic, but of course anything would be anti-climactic after the Battle of King's Landing.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 10:43 AM
It was like being inside of a long nightmare with an impending sense of dread and then nothing happens but a few uncomfortable laughs.

Most of the episode was like a love letter to Tyrion, we saw a lot through his eyes. The lines at times seemed corny and forced, particularly Tyrion convincing Greyworm about stories and kings.

Speaking of which didn't Tyrion ultimately use fear to influence Jon into killing Dany? Saying she probably considered Jon as her biggest threat? Not a great look for Tyrion there.

1. Didn't like Sansa cock-blocking Edmure during his bid for power.
2. Didn't like Sansa opting the North out of the 7 kingdoms. SEVEN.
3. Didn't like Greyworm as the new Moral Compass/Bond Villain.
4. Didn't like almost every lovable character surviving. Small Council.
5. Loved Arya saying - I'll cut you bitch - to Yara.
6. Loved Jon killing Dany.
7. Loved Bran's comment about coming all that way.

The look in Maisie Williams' eyes when she talked about sailing west screamed sequel to me. I would certainly watch it. Arya's Adventures :)

I believe Jon was encouraged by the Night's Watch to go and live with the Wildlings. I assume they must hold him in some form of regard as he did the kingly thing and helped the two factions survive and live together.

And I can't believe I'm going to complain about this. D&D wrote and directed this episode and it felt too fan servicey to me. Tyrion, Davos, Bronn, Brienne, Tormund, Sam, Podrick, Gendry, Ghost and all of the Starks survive and thrive. Five years ago that Small Council scene would have been considered Game of Thrones forbidden porn.

I liked the idea of Sam writing, but calling it by name was way too on the nose for me.

I learned one thing from season eight: We only needed one dragon and one Arya to obliterate two of the worst badasses television has ever seen. (and their armies). Seemed a little rushed.

I agree with much of what you say here. Too many of the 'good guys' survived and for a show that literally gut punches you when you least expect it (i.e. The Red Wedding) it seemed exactly like a fan service ending in that respect. Basically, all of the Starks (Jon, Sansa, Bran, and Arya) all get happy endings. Not to mention that entire Small Council. I dunno, that was just very mediocre to me. Now I'm not one for killing off characters just for the sake of killing them off, but seeing at least a few of those final people having a less than perfect ending would have been more in line with the history of the show.

Yeah, Sansa opting out of the 7 Kingdoms? WTF? And no one at all objected? If I had been one of those others sitting there I would have jumped up and said something like, "Wait, opting out is an option???" :confused:

I knew Dany was going to die, it was just who was going to kill her. Tyrion was completely right when telling Jon after they all heard Dany's speech about 'liberating' the rest of the world. She was mad with power and was never going to let up. It was sad though after Jon killed her and Drogon kept nudging her trying to get her to wake up. :( But then he just picks up her body after his tantrum and leaves and goes....where? Why?

Tyrion not getting mentioned in the book. :rofl:

Jon could have looked a little bit happier when he was heading north of the wall with the Freefolk. And Castle Black and the Night's Watch? They still need that? What are they protecting the realm from now that the Freefolk are friends and the dead have been subdued? Do they have a Mexican problem at their border? :-k

I was actually a little worried when Tyrion found Jamie's body that when he started to uncover Jamie and Cersei that one or both of them was going to still be alive, mostly Jamie. Glad that didn't happen.

And I guess that whole thing with Bronn and the fancy crossbow was absolutely nothing.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Jon is secretly Rhaegar Targaryen's son and rightful heir to the Iron Throne!

and, and??

Really not much. It amounted to nothing :|

Yeah, that was unsatisfying to say the least.

Jon was the rightful heir to the throne. Dany was basically usurping the power from Jon even though he didn't want it. He does something that has happened countless times before, he kills someone in the way. And now Jon gets to rule now that there is no one in the way. No, wait, Jon is taken prisoner for killing someone that had no right to the throne? None of that made sense to me.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 12:05 PM
I get tired of hearing that Bran is all knowing and all seeing.

People - Just because he has the ability doesn't mean he's used the ability constantly.

How much time do you think it would take for Bran to see every moment in time? That's right, it would take every.moment.in.time.

He obviously hasn't viewed their entire history, and also hasn't seen every possible outcome of the future either.

How can you be sure that time passes equally when he is viewing the past? It may be different when he is viewing past events, maybe time passes infinitely faster when he's doing that compared to how it's passing in real time? :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Did anyone else notice the piece of grass (or some other plant) sprouting up thru the snow as Jon was walking north of the wall? Was that supposed to signify that winter was already over?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 01:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/0dK7fCpl.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 01:11 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 04:25 PM
From an interview with Entertainment Weekly now that the series is over:

At least now Hempstead-Wright is free to talk about his character’s reign. While most of the show’s actors have said they felt pressure to protect final season spoilers, Hempstead-Wright had all those secrets plus the desire to share his character’s enormous victory.

“I just wanted to shout: ‘King motherfuckers!,’” he says. “Though that’s probably not a wise plan, obviously.”

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:03 PM
I agree with much of what you say here. Too many of the 'good guys' survived and for a show that literally gut punches you when you least expect it (i.e. The Red Wedding) it seemed exactly like a fan service ending in that respect. Basically, all of the Starks (Jon, Sansa, Bran, and Arya) all get happy endings. Not to mention that entire Small Council. I dunno, that was just very mediocre to me. Now I'm not one for killing off characters just for the sake of killing them off, but seeing at least a few of those final people having a less than perfect ending would have been more in line with the history of the show.

Yeah, Sansa opting out of the 7 Kingdoms? WTF? And no one at all objected? If I had been one of those others sitting there I would have jumped up and said something like, "Wait, opting out is an option???" :confused:

I knew Dany was going to die, it was just who was going to kill her. Tyrion was completely right when telling Jon after they all heard Dany's speech about 'liberating' the rest of the world. She was mad with power and was never going to let up. It was sad though after Jon killed her and Drogon kept nudging her trying to get her to wake up. :( But then he just picks up her body after his tantrum and leaves and goes....where? Why?

Tyrion not getting mentioned in the book. :rofl:

Jon could have looked a little bit happier when he was heading north of the wall with the Freefolk. And Castle Black and the Night's Watch? They still need that? What are they protecting the realm from now that the Freefolk are friends and the dead have been subdued? Do they have a Mexican problem at their border? :-k

I was actually a little worried when Tyrion found Jamie's body that when he started to uncover Jamie and Cersei that one or both of them was going to still be alive, mostly Jamie. Glad that didn't happen.

And I guess that whole thing with Bronn and the fancy crossbow was absolutely nothing.

I actually laughed during the Greyworm part...

I will accept the new political structure you have created.

Along with releasing the person who assassinated our queen.

AND release the short one who colluded with our enemy's brother.

*one minute later*

I'm going thousands of miles away on the sea to live in Hawaii. Bye.

:lol: So ya gonna facetime to check up on things Scowley?

Muddy
05-20-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm happy I never watched the first episode of this show.. :dance:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:09 PM
Initial reaction, while I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either. It felt very anti-climactic, but of course anything would be anti-climactic after the Battle of King's Landing.

I liked the components of season eight and not the overall result at the same time.

For me it was the thunderous problems with pacing, huge resolutions and the shortened seasons.

1. The wights have been a constant threat since the first episode. We meet the Night King and he's depicted as the worst badass in the history of badasses.
Then during the space of one episode in season eight he arrives at Winterfell and is killed 60 minutes later. All wights and white walkers cease to exist as well.

2. Cersei and her armies. Same thing. We have a chat on a castle rampart one episode, next episode we see Dany and one dragon remove all traces of Cersei and her threats.

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze because there was no squeeze.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:11 PM

Jon was the rightful heir to the throne. Dany was basically usurping the power from Jon even though he didn't want it. He does something that has happened countless times before, he kills someone in the way. And now Jon gets to rule now that there is no one in the way. No, wait, Jon is taken prisoner for killing someone that had no right to the throne? None of that made sense to me.

He was the rightful heir and people in King's Landing have been usurping rulers using that exact method for decades :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:14 PM

Agree with good guys surviving. Whole-heartedly agree with Sansa opting out of the 7 Kingdoms. Her brother's King, it's not like he wasn't give her all the favoritism in the world. And I would be pissed too, if I was one of the others.

I think on some level Drogon knew that Westeros wasn't 'home'. His two brothers and his mother all died there, so maybe he was taking Dany back to Essos? Possibly to where he was born? And if his Mommy couldn't sit on that damned Iron Throne that she died trying to get to, nobody would, dammit!!!

I don't know about the Night's Watch either, but maybe, on some level, Jon's going home? I don't know about the smiling thing. He did love Dany and didn't want to kill her, so I guess that will be haunting him for the rest of his life. I doubt anybody South of the wall will throw up a stink if they find out he went beyond the wall... which still has a huge fucking gap in it where undead Viseryion blew it down, by the way. Are they gonna repair that? Do they know how to? I'm not sure the rest of the 6 Kingdoms are on board with Wildlings being friends. I'm sure the North has no problem with it, but the rest of the Southern folk? I'm not so sure.

King's Landing was under the Unsullied and Dothraki control. Jon murdered their Queen. I think it was out of character for them to keep Jon alive. There was no way in hell they were going to let him rule. As Tyrion said, there would be war if Jon was executed, and there would be war if he was crowned. Exiling him to the North was the best option for peace that everyone would agree to. Tyrion said that nobody was happy about it. They could have waited for the Dothraki and Unsullied to leave like they did, and just kicked Bran over a ledge somewhere, but that would go against Jon's code of honor.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:15 PM
I liked the components of season eight and not the overall result at the same time.

For me it was the thunderous problems with pacing, huge resolutions and the shortened seasons.

1. The wights have been a constant threat since the first episode. We meet the Night King and he's depicted as the worst badass in the history of badasses.
Then during the space of one episode in season eight he arrives at Winterfell and is killed 60 minutes later. All wights and white walkers cease to exist as well.

2. Cersei and her armies. Same thing. We have a chat on a castle rampart one episode, next episode we see Dany and one dragon remove all traces of Cersei and her threats.

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze because there was no squeeze.

If they would have kept the seasons at 10 episodes apiece instead of making season 7 only seven episodes and this season only 6, I think they could have dealt with the pacing issues much better and maybe had a little more build up to Dany going Mad Queen. I don't have any issues with the season and what the endgame was, but it did unfortunately feel rushed (both the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle of King's Landing were each over in just one episode).

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:15 PM
He was the rightful heir and people in King's Landing have been usurping rulers using that exact method for decades :lol:

Exactly, so why does he get exiled? FFS he's the one everyone wanted to be King when they found he was the rightful heir. :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:17 PM
How can you be sure that time passes equally when he is viewing the past? It may be different when he is viewing past events, maybe time passes infinitely faster when he's doing that compared to how it's passing in real time? :dunno:

Already had this argument with another person.

Even if time somehow moves faster during his visions, it's still that whole thing about knowing which moments in time to visit. Since we know he couldn't have viewed all of recorded history (we assume), it's sussing out the key events without knowing what they are first.

When the Three Eyed Raven showed Bran the fight at the Tower of Joy, it played out in real time...

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:19 PM
Exactly, so why does he get exiled? FFS he's the one everyone wanted to be King when they found he was the rightful heir. :lol:

Umm, er, Dany tripped and now I'm your king! Sad I know but she hit her head really hard and then fell on that dagger. Terrible accident, yes.

He didn't have to tell anyone either. FFS even Drogon gave him a pass :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:19 PM
I will say this: Black people got shafted in Game of Thrones too!!! They just left the fucking Kingdom they took over to the white folks!?! They didn't even get justice for that white dude killing their Queen!?! What the fuck is this shit?!?! Can't a brother get a fucking Kingdom and keep it?!?

#WhitePrivilegeGOT

That's gotta be everywhere on the internet. :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:23 PM
If they would have kept the seasons at 10 episodes apiece instead of making season 7 only seven episodes and this season only 6, I think they could have dealt with the pacing issues much better and maybe had a little more build up to Dany going Mad Queen. I don't have any issues with the season and what the endgame was, but it did unfortunately feel rushed (both the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle of King's Landing were each over in just one episode).

Like I said at the end of the large post, all we needed was one dragon and one Arya all along.

Loved seeing both events but these guys are better writers than that.

And it's been confirmed. D&D had all of the financial backing necessary from HBO to extend the series to any amount of episodes. It was the blank check scenario.

And both have said they were tired of the material and wanted to end the series because they picked up a contract for a Star Wars movie.

You know someone backed the truck up with gold bars right to their doorstep.

dicks :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:27 PM
By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/tiBTflLl.jpg

The series finale of "Game of Thrones" divided viewers, but if you're on the side that just can't believe how the series wrapped up, there are counselors and therapists now on call to help you dial down from your "Game of Thrones" depression.

The New York Post reports that the online service-match application, Bark.com, which helps users get into contact with service providers (like dog walkers) in their area, is offering a special one-time deal, helping fans connect with a "Game of Thrones counseling service” that is designed to "help bereft fans seek support and get the help they need through this tough time."

Bark.com claims that they've amassed a team of qualified counselors, who will take calls and Skype sessions with sad Game of Thrones fans for a special rate -- about $25 per half hour session. The Post reports that counseling service users can expect counselors to help them “digest their feelings and interpretation of the show, which could range from anger and confusion to sadness and grief.”

"We watch them to escape our daily lives and immerse ourselves into the 'unknown,'" Lynette, a counselor from Bark.com told CNN in a written statement. "This is the very reason why we sometimes become addicted to watching them, the stories they tell become part of our identity."

The demand may, in fact, be high. According to Thrillist, around 11 million people are expected to take off work Monday to "process their feelings after their watch ends on Sunday night" and around 5.8 million people who work on Sundays skipped out on their usual duties in order to catch the show on its first airing. And additional 27.2 million people were expected to show up late to work Monday or work remotely -- so Bark.com may have some customers.

The purpose of the system is to promote Bark.com, obviously, but based on social media's reaction to Sunday night's finale, grief counseling may be in order for some fans of the show, and Bark.com says users can continue to take advantage of the "Game of Thrones" counseling service for as long as is necessary -- though individual counselors might suggest that they transition to more expansive therapy sessions, looking at why they were so deeply affected by what is, at its core, a work of fiction.

If you do need therapy for "Game of Thrones," you are in good company. The show's star, Kit Harrington, who plays Jon Snow, has been in therapy for several years as a result of his role, People Magazine reports. He began seeing a therapist after his character was brutally murdered and then resurrected in a season-ending cliffhanger.

“My darkest period was when the show seemed to become so much about Jon, when he died and came back,” he told the magazine in an interview. “I really didn’t like the focus of the whole show coming onto Jon — even though it was invalidating my problem about being the weak link because things were about Jon.”

The poor guy will now have to adjust to being out of a job.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:27 PM
I will say this: Black people got shafted in Game of Thrones too!!! They just left the fucking Kingdom they took over to the white folks!?! They didn't even get justice for that white dude killing their Queen!?! What the fuck is this shit?!?! Can't a brother get a fucking Kingdom and keep it?!?

#WhitePrivilegeGOT

That's gotta be everywhere on the internet. :lol:

I just had this argument with an older woman I know who lives in Dubai.

I shut her down at every progression saying things like geography dictate color in Martin's world and the instances of overt racism are little to none. They consider Dothraki savages but that's fear based and there are no derogatory slang terms or instances of outright bigotry, even in the books when they're talking about Dornish people.

:lol: she relented and agreed.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Drogon melting the Iron Throne was right up there with Sam naming his book Song of Ice and Fire.

Took me out of the moment because of how obvious the nod and the wink were.

If Drogon is intelligent enough to know what the throne represents (after Dany is dead) then Drogon should have killed Jon in the same breath.

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:31 PM
I don't know if you guys caught this, but Grey Worm said they were sailing to the Isle of Naath. That's where Missandrei was from.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:32 PM
I'm happy I never watched the first episode of this show.. :dance:

Why would you say that about one of the most watched TV shows of all time?

You have heard it's good?

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:32 PM
I don't know if you guys caught this, but Grey Worm said they were sailing to the Isle of Naath. That's where Missandrei was from.

Yep and I called it Hawaii in my large post.

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Oh, and by the way, I watched the episode twice, said 'OK', and then canceled my HBO subscription on Amazon Prime. :lol:

I'll wait to see when the new stuff starts, and if it's of any interest to me, then maybe I'll resubscribe.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:36 PM
From an interview with Entertainment Weekly now that the series is over:

Guy I know from THR has interviewed Bran a couple of times and says he's a super hilarious guy. Never took acting lessons, followed all of the negativity written about the character online over the years and then when he found out his role in the last season he had to literally turn off his electronic devices with keyboards :lol:

Also, the guy who plays GreyWorm is a funny dude and apparently into creating his own rap.

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Oh, and by the way, I watched the episode twice, said 'OK', and then canceled my HBO subscription on Amazon Prime. :lol:

I'll wait to see when the new stuff starts, and if it's of any interest to me, then maybe I'll resubscribe.

With the free 7-day trial, I got off with only one $15 charge. The second charge would have been tomorrow.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Drogon melting the Iron Throne was right up there with Sam naming his book Song of Ice and Fire.

If Drogon is intelligent enough to know what the throne represents (after Dany is dead) then Drogon should have killed Jon in the same breath.

Jon is a Targaryen, maybe the dragon fire wouldn't hurt him. :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:38 PM
And Hal was wrong about the crossbow :giggle:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:39 PM

And I still think it was sad watching Drogon trying to wake Dany up. :(

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Jon is a Targaryen, maybe the dragon fire wouldn't hurt him. :dunno:

And that's something I wanted to find out too, dammit!!! :x

Seriously, that's been on my mind for 2 seasons. That was the perfect opportunity to test it out. I would have been ok with it if Jon died by immolation. And if he didn't die and Drogon decided to bite Jon in half Jurassic Park T-Rex style, I would've been ok with that too.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:41 PM
And Hal was wrong about the crossbow :giggle:

Scene with Bronn

Crossbow

Jon's secret heritage which could have changed eveything

all became so what things....:| why?

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Scene with Bronn

Crossbow

Jon's secret heritage which could have changed eveything

all became so what things....:| why?

You know all of this junk is being discussed all over the internet. I can see George RR Martin surfing the web, taking notes, going "Ok, I gotta tie this up in the last 2 novels, and this, and that, and this... and get forget about this!"

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:50 PM
You know all of this junk is being discussed all over the internet. I can see George RR Martin surfing the web, taking notes, going "Ok, I gotta tie this up in the last 2 novels, and this, and that, and this... and get forget about this!"

He won't tie anything up with Bronn, he already hinted in an interview that he thought that character got too much screen time and that he's meant to be a minor part in the grand scheme of things.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:52 PM

I think he's purposely removed himself from the TV process for years (rumors and stuff in other posts) and only surfaced when he helps with things like the Hodor origins story, because he knew it was good.

I have no problem thinking he's spectating right now and making literary adjustments. Something I read about him a couple of years ago that's always left me with this idea that he's petty about the situation and openly thinks novels are pieces of art and TV isn't. Most lifelong novelists do.

He accepted the TV money for his rights and at the same time doesn't respect the medium.

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 05:54 PM
Bronn's deal with the crossbow hinged on who won the battle. He said as much when he showed up with the crossbow. If Cersei won, then he was going to kill one or both of Tyrion and Jaime to get his reward from Cersei. But she didn't win, and Bronn got Highwater as promised. So he didn't need the crossbow anymore.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:54 PM
He won't tie anything up with Bronn, he already hinted in an interview that he thought that character got too much screen time and that he's meant to be a minor part in the grand scheme of things.

He still hasn't admitted Bronn but most people think that's the reference. I'm thinking Euron Greyjoy :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:56 PM

https://i.imgur.com/o6b7x3d.jpg

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:56 PM
And I still think it was sad watching Drogon trying to wake Dany up. :(

Drogon is going to eat her as a sign of love and respect :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 05:57 PM
He still hasn't admitted Bronn but most people think that's the reference. I'm thinking Euron Greyjoy :lol:

Well he alluded to the character as being a fan favorite and I don't think that would be Euron :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Well he alluded to the character as being a fan favorite and I don't think that would be Euron :lol:

Same guy at THR interviewed the actor who played Euron and wasn't all that positive about it. You'd have to know the THR guy...he drools over all things GoT because that's his main day job. He averages six to eight articles a week while the show is running.

Long one short he said the actor stopped watching the show when he was hired and decided to play the character 'over the top' because he's essentially a pirate!

Writer guy knows the books inside and out and said he had a hard time listening to the answers during the phone interview and that's never happened to him before :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I was over Euron awhile ago. I would have liked to see Yara stab him in the throat instead of the whole fight with Jamie.

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:19 PM
As mentioned, loved Arya's line to Yara.

Keep it up and I'll cut you bitch :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 06:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H9fXdvc.jpg

Someone's bitter :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H9fXdvc.jpg

Someone's bitter :lol:

He has some points. When people talk about sloppy story arcs GoT kinda wins with this resolution :lol:

fricnjay
05-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Watched Season 1 and was done, haven't watched it since. Life is great :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 07:22 PM

https://i.imgur.com/unDRDhQ.png

fricnjay
05-20-2019, 08:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/unDRDhQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/02YEMyt.jpg

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWI96_RpOE4

Bran is evil, according to Ben Shapiro.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 10:48 AM
The more I think about it, the more I dislike the fact that Sansa 'opted out' of the 7 Kingdoms and became Queen of the North. That was totally just to satisfy the whiny feminist/SJW's complaining about everything this season.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 10:51 AM
You know, they never fully explained who Varys was sending those notes to. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 11:00 AM
And you know something else? They never say how the Unsullied captured Jon. There was no body when anyone would have found him, Drogon had already flown off with it. Did Jon confess? That would have been stupid. Or did a guard walk into the throne room and catch Jon with a mop and a bucket trying to clean up the blood looking all guilty? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 11:01 AM

Bran is evil, according to Ben Shapiro.

He's not wrong...if Bran knew all that was going to happen, he could have saved a lot of lives.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 11:51 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 12:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2F59paJ.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 01:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvxcV3F3jU

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 03:41 PM
And you know something else? They never say how the Unsullied captured Jon. There was no body when anyone would have found him, Drogon had already flown off with it. Did Jon confess? That would have been stupid. Or did a guard walk into the throne room and catch Jon with a mop and a bucket trying to clean up the blood looking all guilty? :-k

He confessed from what I understand.

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvxcV3F3jU

2:28 :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 03:45 PM
He confessed from what I understand.

You weren't there :hand:

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 03:47 PM
You weren't there :hand:

Wasn't there a quick reference saying he gave himself up or something similar?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Wasn't there a quick reference saying he gave himself up or something similar?

Honestly I don't remember :dunno:

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:15 PM
I should go yoink a post I made at the podcast place. I was disgruntled :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 04:20 PM
:tapfoot:

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:29 PM
having Imgur problems at the moment...here's the normal BB code I would copy for forum posts

https://imgur.com/AjdwYuQ

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
The subject was resolution to plotlines and I made a list :lol:

Big secret about Jon being the next Targaryen heir - nothing.
Wights, undead and the Night King - nothing.
Cersei and her armies - nothing.
Bran's long journey to become the Three Eyed Raven - nothing.
Euron Greyjoy and the Iron Fleet - less than nothing.
Jorah getting Greyscale - something, then nothing.

Arya's journey - something... that lasted 10 seconds.

Sansa's horrible story - nothing.
Jaime Lannister's possible redemption arc - nothing.
Bronn and the crossbow - nothing.

Greyworm - You must be held responsible for this!
Then he sails thousands of miles away - nothing.

Tyrion being Hand of the King repeatedly and considered one of the most clever people in Westeros - something, nothing, nothing.

Sam meeting Gilly, becoming a father and somehow attaining Grand Maester status before getting all of his links - Yay?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 04:40 PM
Yeah, they left a lot of stuff unresolved for sure.

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Yeah, they left a lot of stuff unresolved for sure.

Here, we're all pretty much in agreement about the episodes. There, more of a diverse opinion and people always looking for an argument.

I tend to focus in on those trolls :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 04:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/8NoTR6xl.jpg

Spoiler alert: Social justice warriors were triggered by the “Game of Thrones” series finale on Sunday.

Also, Brandon Stark was named king of Westeros. After Tyrion made the case that Bran’s story of overcoming adversity made him the best choice, the royals of Westeros assented.

However, in the woke media, no title is as glorious as that of victim. So, while the finale could easily be seen as a victory for disabled representation – what with a dwarf helping to make a paraplegic king – many commentators chose to focus on the new monarch’s politically incorrect nickname: Bran the Broken.
Commenters chimed in with more suggestions.
A particularly hardcore fanboy complained that Bran’s fictional feelings had been hurt.
One woman offered a non-culture wars counter-take, pointing out that “Brand the Broken” was meant to highlight Bran’s hard-won humility, which is what qualified him to rule. But she was mostly ignored.
Dominick Evans, a gamer and transgender and disability activist, disapproved of both Bran’s nickname and the reaction to him winning the game of thrones.
Among those who reacted negatively were feminists. Having thoroughly trashed Season 8 for allegedly indulging in sexist tropes, many of them were unprepared to accept a king, disabled or not.

Young adult writer Jenna Giuillaume wasn’t going to take it anymore after Jon Snow killed would-be progressive queen turned war criminal Daenerys Targaryen.
Roxane Gay suggested the writers of the fantasy series lacked the imagination to end with a woman on top.
While the fat activist took some comfort in Arya Stark’s plans to continue adventuring, journalist and #SexStrike scab Talia Lavin told herself that the real “Game of Thrones” “yas queen” was Sansa Stark, who managed to win independence for the North.
Identity-conscious journalist Ben Faulding saw privilege at work in Tyrion’s appointment as Hand of the King.
For those struggling with developments in Westeros, Bark.com is offering “Game of Thrones”-specific counseling for just $50 an hour.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 05:13 PM
Here's something else....after Dany's speech and Tyrion gets arrested, Jon goes and visits him in his makeshift cell. He tells Jon how dangerous Dany is because they both heard her speech. But wait, she gave the speech in Valyrian, not English. And Tyrion doesn't speak Valyrian (remember the trouble he had talking to the guards when he went to visit and free Jamie the previous episode), and I'm pretty sure Jon doesn't either. So how does either of them know exactly what she said in her speech? :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2019, 05:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/8NoTR6xl.jpg

Spoiler alert: Social justice warriors were triggered by the “Game of Thrones” series finale on Sunday.

Also, Brandon Stark was named king of Westeros. After Tyrion made the case that Bran’s story of overcoming adversity made him the best choice, the royals of Westeros assented.

However, in the woke media, no title is as glorious as that of victim. So, while the finale could easily be seen as a victory for disabled representation – what with a dwarf helping to make a paraplegic king – many commentators chose to focus on the new monarch’s politically incorrect nickname: Bran the Broken.
Commenters chimed in with more suggestions.
A particularly hardcore fanboy complained that Bran’s fictional feelings had been hurt.
One woman offered a non-culture wars counter-take, pointing out that “Brand the Broken” was meant to highlight Bran’s hard-won humility, which is what qualified him to rule. But she was mostly ignored.
Dominick Evans, a gamer and transgender and disability activist, disapproved of both Bran’s nickname and the reaction to him winning the game of thrones.
Among those who reacted negatively were feminists. Having thoroughly trashed Season 8 for allegedly indulging in sexist tropes, many of them were unprepared to accept a king, disabled or not.

Young adult writer Jenna Giuillaume wasn’t going to take it anymore after Jon Snow killed would-be progressive queen turned war criminal Daenerys Targaryen.
Roxane Gay suggested the writers of the fantasy series lacked the imagination to end with a woman on top.
While the fat activist took some comfort in Arya Stark’s plans to continue adventuring, journalist and #SexStrike scab Talia Lavin told herself that the real “Game of Thrones” “yas queen” was Sansa Stark, who managed to win independence for the North.
Identity-conscious journalist Ben Faulding saw privilege at work in Tyrion’s appointment as Hand of the King.
For those struggling with developments in Westeros, Bark.com is offering “Game of Thrones”-specific counseling for just $50 an hour.

I'm disabled and it didn't bother me. :idk:

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2019, 05:17 PM
Here's something else....after Dany's speech and Tyrion gets arrested, Jon goes and visits him in his makeshift cell. He tells Jon how dangerous Dany is because they both heard her speech. But wait, she gave the speech in Valyrian, not English. And Tyrion doesn't speak Valyrian (remember the trouble he had talking to the guards when he went to visit and free Jamie the previous episode), and I'm pretty sure Jon doesn't either. So how does either of them know exactly what she said in her speech? :-k

Do the Dothraki speak Valyrian?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 05:24 PM
Do the Dothraki speak Valyrian?

They seemed to understand what she was saying :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 05:25 PM
I'm disabled and it didn't bother me. :idk:

:snapout:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 05:29 PM
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-game-of-thrones-finale-got-the-important-stuff-righ-1834884402

A pretty even-handed recap of the finale that I pretty much mostly agree with....

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2019, 05:39 PM
They seemed to understand what she was saying :dunno:

Maybe they all learned. :dunno:

:snapout:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-22-2019, 01:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VAxhafG.jpg

lost in melb.
05-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Just watched it last night. Have avoided thread including this one, but I know that people are not happy from my News Feed.

My take - the ending was fine. Deal with it! She was a sexy, charismatic leaded with mental issues from her childhood. She was a conqueror, not a ruler. She has psychopathic, vengeful tendencies from her tortuous rape and molestation-filled childhood and it was only the influence of strong men around her that kept her from going off her rocker long before that. How many times was she going to kill and was tempered by her advisers? Once she lost them it was over.

John had no choice other than to kill her.. Returning as a brooding, slightly miserable Crow bastard was exactly suite to his personality. Was Jamie going to do anything but weaken once he saw Cersei? Was Sansa going to bend the knee? Was Sandor going to get satisfaction from anything other than killing his brother? Etc. Almost all the characters were true to their nature.

Now to read your comments...

lost in melb.
05-22-2019, 08:33 PM

Once the tits and ass eased off you were outta there :fu:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 12:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/f30Bhg8.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Dominic Smithers - LAD Bible

https://i.imgur.com/bekYcB2.png

Right, so not everyone is happy with the last season of Game of Thrones. We get it, and we're sorry you feel let down, but there is light at the end of that tunnel.

The author of the original books, George R.R. Martin, has said his ending will be different from the television series, and will even have unicorns.

Writing on his blog, the 70-year-old said fans will also get the chance to read about some characters that didn't make the cut for the HBO series.

He said: "How will it all end? The same ending as the show? Different? Well... yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

"There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books.

"So if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet.

"And yes, there will be unicorns... of a sort."

If fans still aren't happy after that... well, Martin doesn't really care.

He added: "I'll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet."

This comes after one of the stars of the show, Sophie Turner, who plays the Queen of a newly independent North, Sansa Stark, called the petition to remake the final season - which has gained more than one million signatures - 'disrespectful'.

Speaking to The New York Times, the 23-year-old said: "People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn't go to their liking, they start to speak up about it and rebel.

"All of these petitions and things like that - I think it's disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season.

"Like, 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it's not what they want to see is just disrespectful."

What do you think? Was season eight total pants? Are you looking forward to see how Martin ties things off? Come tell us your opinion at Game of Thrones: Westeros Posting on Facebook.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Amelia Ward - LAD Bible

https://i.imgur.com/t0ChP4K.png

The final season of Game of Thrones has really divided opinion, hasn't it? Some have said it's the best of them all, while others have absolutely slated it. There was even a petition to get the whole of the series remade - with 'competent' writers.

But Kit Harington, who played one of the show's main characters, Jon Snow, has hit back at GoT haters. Not holding back in the slightest, Kit took a swipe at people who have criticised the final series, in an interview with Esquire.

He said: "How I feel about the show right now is quite defiant.

"I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season - and I don't mean to sound mean about critics here - but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their [negative] judgement on it, in my head they can go fuck themselves."

Can't argue with that, Kit.

He continued: "I know how much work was put into this. I know how much people cared about this. I know how much pressure people put on themselves and I know how many sleepless nights working or otherwise people had on this show.

"Because they cared about it so much. Because they cared about the characters. Because they cared about the story. Because they cared about not letting people down."

However, some people certainly did feel let down by the show's final season. The online petition to get it remade has so far received more than 1,380,000 signatures and it shows no signs of slowing.

Obviously, it's unlikely to make a difference, what with season 8 having aired already - and Kit says in no uncertain terms that he doesn't care if people aren't pleased.

He added: "Now if people feel let down by it, I don't give a fuck - because everyone tried their hardest.

"That's how I feel. In the end, no one's bigger fans of the show than we are, and we're kind of doing it for ourselves. That's all we could do, really. And I was just happy we got to the end."

Kit's not the only cast member to feel pissed off by people's negativity. Sophie Turner, who played Sansa Stark, has had her say on the petitions too.

https://i.imgur.com/hfdd0My.jpg

Speaking to CNN, she said: "I think it's disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season.

"Like, 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it's not what they want to see is just disrespectful."

You can't please everyone, can you?

Hal-9000
05-24-2019, 03:41 PM
During the finale Sansa asked Edmure to sit down and said Winterfell was pulling out of the Commonweath. And a montage shot of her walking alone away from the camera.

Two sentences and one shot of her walking.

Someone may have worked hard during 50 night shoots, it wasn't you sweetie.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 03:53 PM
During the finale Sansa asked Edmure to sit down and said Winterfell was pulling out of the Commonweath. And a montage shot of her walking alone away from the camera.

Two sentences and one shot of her walking.

Someone may have worked hard during 50 night shoots, it wasn't you sweetie.

:patriarchy:

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQUr3R1Ldk

Hal-9000
05-24-2019, 04:18 PM
:lol: Dracarys distortion...

He could have improved that if he hit the last few light notes we hear after the main theme stops

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 04:34 PM
https://wamplerpedals.com/products/dracarys-distortion

Only $200, in US dollars. :tup:

I thought the same thing.

Hal-9000
05-24-2019, 05:17 PM
I listened to a podcast about when GRRM met D&D and how they started working together.

Lots of information and it supported my thoughts about Martin saying F-you to the television series.

He wrote one screenplay per season up until season four and then stopped. His intent was then to finish the books and catch up with the TV series to provide more content.

:lol: nice try

Cliff notes:

Only seven writers have worked on GoT, which is unheard of by normal TV standards for shows with multiple seasons.

Writers would be given a broad story overview, then assigned characters to write about. Later they would assemble the stories in the writer's room.

D&D rarely creatively wrote together in the same room. They used the analogy of two people trying to drive a car at the same time. They would pair for rewrites etc.

Martin did provide the Hodor backstory to D&D, but according to sources he has only given broad overviews of his story. Some of which may vary greatly from his next two books.
Two future books have been named and sources suspect since his novels are usually over 800 pages, there's going to be a lot more material than we've seen in the show.

The legendary lunch meeting happened in the mid 2000's. Martin met D&D for a five hour lunch and asked them who they thought Jon Snow's mother was. Depending on the source, only three of his books were released at the time of this meeting. Martin realized both writers knew the material well and they approached an infamously hardassed chief of programing at HBO with the pitch. She accepted.

Previous to the HBO pitch most producers loved the source material but wanted to make movies from it and remove the sex and violence for a more broad public appeal, a la LOTR. The HBO chief green lit the project allowing full nudity and violence.

The original pilot was a disaster. It had to be reworked* and reshot, changing a handful of actors and the director. The Dany and Catelyn we know were never in the original pilot. D&D were heralded for saving the show as they became heavily involved in the rewrite and directing decisions. Apparently the first pilot was so bad the show was in danger of being cancelled before the first season had completed shooting. Pilot we have seen is considered one of the best opening episodes in TV history.

*one example was the relationship of Jaime and Cersei was never explained, so the scene with Bran discovering them meant nothing to the audience.

lost in melb.
05-27-2019, 05:39 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 11:34 AM

I edited your post to use the BBCode replacement for Twitter. If you do that instead of using the HTML code, then the Tweet will show up on Tapatalk for people using mobile (like me on the weekends, I couldn't view the Tweet). It's east to use, all you need is the long Tweet number (1132832880328085505 in the case of the above Tweet) and put that in between the [*TWEET][/*TWEET] tags (no asterisks).

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 03:50 PM

Wait...so they have auto-table reads now...it gets read to them??

:lol: holy lazy

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nws1JQHBlJA

DemonGeminiX
06-01-2019, 02:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ezoRgHJHY

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 12:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CAPN6Gm.jpg

Hal-9000
06-03-2019, 03:04 PM
The gif of Emilia Clarke's eyebrows sent me down a strange rabbit hole. She kept reminding me of someone from my past and I finally figured out who.

I fell in love with a girl who I went to kindergarten - grade six with. She had dark hair and eyes and we'll call her Tara (because that's her name).

In grade one she dressed as an Indian princess (native) and every little boy in our grade fell in love with her.

Did some googling and found she moved to Montreal and has written and directed movies! :shock: One of them is quite famous...

I'll post a pic or two elsewhere.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_N9Wp7K2Os

Emilia Clarke is hilarious :lol:

Hal-9000
06-03-2019, 03:10 PM
and Imgur is not posting properly again...grrrr

Hal-9000
06-03-2019, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_N9Wp7K2Os

Emilia Clarke is hilarious :lol:

I find her really gracious and humorous. Her laugh is outstanding :lol:

lost in melb.
06-03-2019, 05:12 PM
I edited your post to use the BBCode replacement for Twitter. If you do that instead of using the HTML code, then the Tweet will show up on Tapatalk for people using mobile (like me on the weekends, I couldn't view the Tweet). It's east to use, all you need is the long Tweet number (1132832880328085505 in the case of the above Tweet) and put that in between the [*TWEET][/*TWEET] tags (no asterisks).

:thumbsup:

No problem :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 06:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mXj9g9o.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
06-19-2019, 11:25 AM
By Morgan M. Evans - People Magazine

https://i.imgur.com/f2DPbaL.png

A month after Game Of Thrones’ end, Lena Headey is still shocking fans.

When HBO’s epic series ended on May 19, it’s no secret fans were conflicted about the way several of the main character’s stories came to an end – especially when it came to Cersei Lannister’s death in the show’s penultimate episode.

But during a recent comic book convention appearance in Germany, the actress, 47, revealed that Cersei’s last episode, where her demise alongside her twin-brother-slash-estranged-lover, Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), as the Red Keep crumbled around them, almost featured her having a miscarriage.

“We shot a scene that never made it into season seven, which was where I lose the baby,” she said. “And it was a really traumatic, great moment for Cersei, and it never made it in.”

In the show’s final season, Cersei becomes pregnant with what she assumes is her twin brother’s child, but when Euron Greyjoy later tells the queen that he is the father, the truth of the of the unborn child comes into question. In the end, fans are left without a full explanation of Cersei’s mysterious pregnancy when the doomed lovers meet their fate, but Headey admitted that she “loved” the deleted scene and felt it would have “changed things” for her character’s famed storyline.

“I kind of loved doing that because I thought it would’ve served her differently,” she said. “Of course, we’re not exactly sure what made the show’s creators scrap the scene, but we can’t say it isn’t interesting to at least think about how that moment may have changed things.”

https://i.imgur.com/MMNH9IC.png

This isn’t the first time the actress has opened up about her character’s controversial death on the series.

The star recently revealed that she wasn’t exactly thrilled with the way her character exited Westeros for good, admitting to U.K. outlet The Guardian that she “wanted a better death” for the icy queen.

“Obviously you dream of your death,” she said. “You could go in any way on that show. So I was kind of gutted.”

However, Headey recognized that the writers “couldn’t have pleased everyone,” and explained, “No matter what they did, I think there was going to be some big comedown from the climb.”

In another interview with Entertainment Weekly, Headey revealed that her initial reaction to the character’s final scene was “mixed.”

“I wanted her to have some big piece or fight with somebody,” she said.

But after she talked over the scene with Coster-Waldau, 48, she changed her mind. Trapped in an underground passageway, emotional but resigned to their doomed fate, a mortally wounded Jaime uttered his final words to Cersei as the walls around them collapsed: “Nothing else matters, only us.”

“The more we talked about it the more it seemed like the perfect end for her,” Headey explained. “They came into the world together and now they leave together.”

Hal-9000
06-19-2019, 03:46 PM
I've read multiple instances where they shoot what seems like pivotal scenes in TV and movies and then cut them. It makes me a little angry hearing they couldn't fit in 15 seconds of additional dialog.

Hal-9000
06-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Rereading the books and twice now I've seen him use the term break bad...

I wonder if we'll meet ser Jesse of the Chili Powder Meth :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2019, 04:05 PM
Rereading the books and twice now I've seen him use the term break bad...

I wonder if we'll meet ser Jesse of the Chili Powder Meth :lol:

Jesse of House Meth :rofl:

Hal-9000
06-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Jesse of House Meth :rofl:

Your highness, sers Badger and Skinny Pete are here to parley.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2019, 05:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/j4I5g9m.jpg

Hal-9000
07-04-2019, 03:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/j4I5g9m.jpg

On a rewatch I'm going to notice the things they left or forgot. Probably going to lower my opinion on the series overall.

DemonGeminiX
07-09-2019, 09:15 PM
George R.R. Martin reveals 5 new facts about HBO's Game of Thrones prequel

Ready for some new info about HBO’s mysterious Game of Thrones prequel series?

EW recently spoke to author and executive producer George R.R. Martin about showrunner Jane Goldman’s pilot, which is currently filming in Northern Ireland. HBO and Martin have previously revealed the show takes place roughly 5,000 years before the events in Game of Thrones, when Westeros was a very different place, and leads up to an epic confrontation with the White Walkers known as The Long Night. Since some fans have been concerned that the show is pre-Targaryen (and therefore pre-dragon), we asked Martin what are some families and creatures that are around during this time period.

Martin gave some intriguing hints about the state of Westeros during this time period, and even noted a possible new title:

1. Westeros is divided into roughly 100 kingdoms in the prequel. “We talk about the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros; there were Seven Kingdoms at the time of Aegon’s Conquest,” Martin says. “But if you go back further then there are nine kingdoms, and 12 kingdoms, and eventually you get back to where there are a hundred kingdoms — petty kingdoms — and that’s the era we’re talking about here.” The Seven Kingdoms maintained some degree of order (at least, until war broke out). So it sounds like Westeros could be even more dangerous and chaotic and lawless than it is in GoT — like Wild West Westeros.

2. There are Starks and direwolves. The pack survives. This should be obvious given the time period (the Starks were descended from the First Men), but in case there was any doubt Martin confirms the fan-favorite family is around. “The Starks will definitely be there,” he said. And while much has been made about the fact the prequel predates dragons, that doesn’t mean there won’t be other creatures. “Obviously the White Walkers are here — or as they’re called in my books, The Others — and that will be an aspect of it,” Martin says. “There are things like direwolves and mammoths.”

3. There will not be any Lannisters — at least not at first… The prequel predates the rise of the Lannister family, Martin says. But there is another family currently residing in the future Lannister homestead. “The Lannisters aren’t there yet, but Castlery Rock is certainly there; it’s like the Rock of Gibraltar,” he says. “It’s actually occupied by the Casterlys — for whom it’s still named after in the time of Game of Thrones.” The Casterlys were supposedly swindled from their homestead by Lann the Clever — who founded House Lannister — though it’s unclear if this tale will be told in the prequel.

4. It’s a true ensemble. HBO’s cast breakdown appeared to suggest the show might be led by a trio of female leads (Naomi Watts, Naomi Ackie, and Denise Gough). Asked about this, Martin said the prequel — like Game of Thrones — is more accurately described as an ensemble story. “I hesitate to use the word ‘lead,’” Martin says. “As you know for Game of Thrones, we never even nominated anybody for lead actress or lead actor [during awards season] until recently; it was always for supporting [categories] because the show is such an ensemble. I think that will be true for this show too. We don’t have leads so much as a large ensemble cast.”

5. The show might get a slightly different title than the one you’re expecting. The prequel is still officially untitled, Martin emphasizes. In the past, the author has suggested the title The Long Night. One behind-the-scenes factor that complicated this choice is that the third episode of Game of Thrones season 8 is also titled “The Long Night.” While The Long Night remains Martin’s preferred title, there is another similar possibility being considered. “I heard a suggestion that it could be called The Longest Night, which is a variant I wouldn’t mind,” he says. “That would be pretty good.”

While Martin has many projects in the works, including the prequel pilot, he notes he’s currently only writing one thing: The sixth Ice and Fire novel The Winds of Winter.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Ace Showbiz

https://i.imgur.com/4dKLhq3.jpg

AceShowbiz - The stars of "Game of Thrones" were deeply upset about the criticism of the show's final season, according to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Disappointed fans created an online petition calling on HBO bosses to reshoot the final six episodes after lashing out at the deaths of pivotal characters and the show's uninspiring story lines, and now Coster-Waldau, whose character Jaime Lannister died in the penultimate episode, admits the criticism took its toll on the cast.

Speaking at "Game of Thrones" fan convention, Con of Thrones, in Nashville, Tennessee over the weekend (July 13), he said, "Every season has been intense in terms of the attention and discussion, but it was extraordinarily intense for a final season."

"We have this WhatsApp group, the actors, and I saw some people getting a little upset because some of the stuff is vicious, and if you make the mistake of start reading all that s**t... You write to each other and go, 'F**king a**holes. This is so not what would happen! They ruined, they butchered George's world!' It's just fun for you, but of course some (castmates) got a little upset."

"There was that kind of weird feeling of, 'What the hell? We worked so hard...' I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry (for us), by the way. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying how it was to get through that whole thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd4mBHwQZEU

He added that at times series creators D.B. Weiss and and David Benioff felt they were "the most hated people in the world", adding, "I know how they feel."

Hal-9000
07-18-2019, 03:42 PM
I do feel bad for the actors because for the most part they're given scripts and have to adapt to the material. Some actors make suggestions that incite small changes but the way I understand it the writers and producers always have the final say when it comes to storyline elements.

And why do I get the sense that Martin only gave the writers the most basic outline of plot points and now is laughing his ass off. He's going to make a killing on the next book because of negative opinions on the last season.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2019, 04:00 PM
I do feel bad for the actors because for the most part they're given scripts and have to adapt to the material. Some actors make suggestions that incite small changes but the way I understand it the writers and producers always have the final say when it comes to storyline elements.

And why do I get the sense that Martin only gave the writers the most basic outline of plot points and now is laughing his ass off. He's going to make a killing on the next book because of negative opinions on the last season.

Plus I think that it's 'first reaction' that generated a lot of the negativity on the series. While yes, it was a bit of a letdown and definitely rushed, I don't think it was nearly as bad as a lot of people online made it out to be. Especially the people in the "DANY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!!!" camp. And yeah, it's definitely unfair to say negative things about the actors in that season, the acting was still amazing as it was during the whole series.

Hal-9000
07-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Plus I think that it's 'first reaction' that generated a lot of the negativity on the series. While yes, it was a bit of a letdown and definitely rushed, I don't think it was nearly as bad as a lot of people online made it out to be. Especially the people in the "DANY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!!!!!" camp. And yeah, it's definitely unfair to say negative things about the actors in that season, the acting was still amazing as it was during the whole series.

I have two opinions on the final season. That second episode where 'nothing happened' was one of my favorites and it's been highly regarded by others. I liked the battle episodes as well.

And one of my favorite moments from any TV show was Arya and the Night King. It was electric and felt so right for the character because of where she had been previous.

It was the plot mechanics and something about the final scenes that really upset me. It was too nice, almost playing purely for fan service and didn't seem like Game of Thrones to me :shrug:

I have a lot of little logic nitpicks like one episode a dragon getting instantly killed from a crossbow mounted on a boat and then next episode another dragon taking out an entire city, stone blocks and all.

The scene with Bronn that was weird and didn't mean a thing...the scene with Grey Worm threatening everyone and then just leaving after Dany is killed...

There were too many puzzling and cringy moments that took me out of the moment...and I think that crew could have done much better. If you read what happened behind the scenes with the writers D&D, they actually admitted to rushing the material because they were tired/burnt out by it and had already signed on for the next Star Wars. That put a different slant on the result for me.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2019, 06:18 PM
By James Hunt - Screen Rant

https://i.imgur.com/i682wZ6.jpg

Quaithe is Game of Thrones' biggest unresolved mystery and the subject of many A Song of Ice and Fire fan theories, but who was she and why does she matter? Played by Laura Pradelska, Quaithe only actually appeared in two episodes of Game of Thrones season 2, but left a big impression and an even bigger question mark behind.

In Game of Thrones, Quaithe made her first appearance in season 2's "The Ghost of Harrenhal", where she warns Jorah Mormont that the men of Qarth may desire Daenerys' dragons. It's not her words that stand out, however, but her appearance, with Quaithe instantly striking thanks to her gold hexagonal mask. She re-emerges a couple of episodes later, informing Jorah that all men who pass the Doom of Valyria need protection, and also questioning his own loyalty to Daenerys.

After that she's never seen again, but it becomes clear that she is in some way prophetic. Not only do the warlocks steal Dany's dragons, but in Game of Thrones season 5 Jorah himself sails past Old Valyria without protection, and ends up contracting greyscale. Quaithe foreshadowed both events, but isn't so much as mentioned after Game of Thrones season 2, leaving her true purpose unclear.

https://i.imgur.com/aNtgH5h.jpg

Quaithe has a bigger role in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books, where she interacts with Daenerys directly, and makes even more vague prophecies. These include "To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow," and "The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

Both of these quotes have long been speculated over by A Song of Ice and Fire fans to divine their true meaning, from Daenerys' journey to just who the "perfumed seneschal" is, with some of them difficult because of the many possibilities. Still, some of these have already shown to come true, or are about to: the Kraken likely represents Victarion Greyjoy, who is sailing for Daenerys by the end of A Dance With Dragons; the lion is Tyrion Lannister, who is likewise on his way to Dany; the griffin and the mummer's dragon are presumably references to Griff and Young Griff, a.k.a. Jon Connington and Aegon Targaryen, and the sun's son was Quentyn Martell, although most of these didn't make it into Game of Thrones.

Still, while that means her prophecies and warnings are often accurate, it doesn't solve who she is. There are various theories, ranging from Ashara Dayne to Sheira Seastar, while the mention of "glass candles" suggests she might be working with the Maesters of the Citadel, especially as Archmaester Marwyn has a keen interest in Daenerys.

Whether there is a bigger reveal with Quaithe remains to be seen. There certainly wasn't in Game of Thrones, but Daenerys thinks about her much more in the books, and has a few visions of her too. But Quaithe's identity isn't what matters so much as her purpose, and in that we can be guided by the events of Game of Thrones, including season 8. Daenerys' downfall is one driven by a belief in her own destiny and right to rule, which is in part pushed by prophecy too, such as being The Prince (or Princess) That Was Promised. It's not the first time we've seen this kind of arc though, with clear parallels to be drawn between Stannis' story and Daenerys.

Stannis went down that path partially because he was being guided by Melisandre, and knowing where Daenerys' story is going, we can say that Quaithe is serving a similar function for Daenerys' story. Both characters are from Asshai, and in Game of Thrones the costumes were designed to echo each other, with Quaithe's mask mirroring Melisandre's necklace. To that end, then, Quaithe isn't just some random figure to spout prophecies. She's the Melisandre to Daenerys' Stannis: someone who helps light the way, but also a warning of things to come. Quaithe's words play in Daenerys' mind, including the betrayals she now expects. Martin likes introducing these magical, oft-mysterious guides for some of his most important characters (Jojen Reed for Bran is another, and again will eventually link to the Iron Throne), and that's what Quaithe is. Her key message isn't one of those strange prophecies, but when she tells Daenerys to "remember who you are."

Ultimately, it may not matter too much who Quaithe is or was, and there are enough secret identities already. What matters more is what she represents to Daenerys' story, in both Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire, helping to highlight the dangers of prophecy and destiny, while also contributing to her path of fire and blood. We've seen where it led Stannis, and Quaithe, by mirroring Melisandre, shows us where it's leading Daenerys.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-30-2019, 11:06 AM
By Dominic Patten, Nellie Andreeva - Deadline

https://i.imgur.com/SwVbHGp.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has more Game of Thrones in the pipeline, but the prequel written by Jane Goldman and starring Naomi Watts is no longer happening.

Showrunner Goldman has been emailing the cast and crew of the project to tell them that the pilot is dead, we hear. The development has not been confirmed by HBO.

The prequel, created by the Kingsman scribe and George R. R. Martin, takes place thousands of years before the wars, romances and dragons of the Emilia Clarke- and Kit Harington-led GoT, which wrapped up its blockbuster eight-season run in May. Weaving in issues of race, power, intrigue and White Walkers, the Goldman-run prequel was given the pilot green light back in June 2018.

It was picked among several GoT prequel scripts that had been commissioned by HBO. While the pilot, carrying heavy corporate expectations, was in editing, HBO in September gave an unofficial pilot green light to a second prequel project from Martin and Ryan Condal, which is set 300 years before the events in Game of Thrones and tracks the beginning of the end for House Targaryen.

Word of the Watts-led pilot, penned by Goldman and directed by S.J. Clarkson, not going forward comes after a lengthy post-production, which included re-editing of the initial cut after it was not well received, and rumors about issues during filming in Northern Ireland.

That is not altogether unheard of for a production of such scope — hardcore fans of the Emmy-winning mothership series will recollect that the $10 million pilot for the show created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss also had a rocky road. The duo and others have admitted that the original GoT pilot was a mess that required it to be re-shot almost entirely at great expense before HBO execs would give the go-ahead to take the project to series.

News of the prequel’s demise comes as HBO owner WarnerMedia hopes to blow some dragon fire of its own today with an investors day presentation of its HBO Max streaming service on the Warner Bros lot in Burbank.

Set to launch next spring, the AT&T-owned media company’s latest foray into the streaming wars has its eyes set on a prize almost as large as the conquest of the Seven Kingdoms. With AppleTV+ premiering on November 1 and Disney+ on November to crowd the space already occupied by Netflix, Amazon and the Disney controlled Hulu, plus NBCUniversal’s Peacock on the horizon for 2020 too, AT&T CEO Randell Stephenson declared yesterday that he sees big numbers for HBO Max in such a tight landscape.

The telecom conglomerate boss said in a forecast issued Monday that HBO Max aims to have 50 million U.S. subscribers in its first five years. A desire for more Game of Thrones likely is partially fueling that ambition.

FBD
08-03-2020, 06:25 PM
what am amazing fuck you dear watcher of this program season 8 was, I'm glad I never really watched too much of this