PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant teen sues parents over abortion

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
By Courtney Zavala - Click2Houston

HOUSTON -

A lawsuit claims a 16-year-old girl is being coerced to have an abortion against her will.

The teen is two months pregnant and is represented by lawyers with the Texas Center for Defense of Life. A judge granted a temporary restraining order to save the baby's life.

"We were asking judge to stop them physically forcing her to have an abortion. She is legally protected. They cannot drag her to get an abortion, force an abortion on our client," attorney Stephen Casey said.

The lawsuit is eight pages long and details alleged verbal abuse by the teen's parents.

In the lawsuit, the teen claims her mom "... invited the paternal grandparents to a bar for further discussion, where she suggested that she might slip her an abortion pill through deception."

The teen also claims her father told her "he was going to take her to have an abortion and that the decision was his, end of story."

Even though she is a minor, the teen has the power to make that decision.

"What Roe established is minors have the choice. And when they do make the choice, folks are shocked that they want to carry the baby," said Casey.

Another hearing will be held Friday.

RBP
02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
And she's right.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Then she should GTFO and get a job so she can raise the kid.

RBP
02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
There's no information about her or her family's financial ability to afford the child. You're reaching.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Just throw some mashed up RU-86 into her cheerios

Muddy
02-13-2013, 05:42 PM

Thats wrong, dude.. Force her to have an abortion and you may be aborting your kids love for the rest of your life.. Make her move out... Make her do what she has to take care of it.. But don't force her to kill her child.. Jesus man.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
They should have had that whore on birth control. A depo shot every 6 months I wouldnt be forced to kill your bastard child.

Acid Trip
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM

They should have had that whore on birth control. A depo shot every 6 months I wouldnt be forced to kill your bastard child.

You should get a job enforcing China's single child policy.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
:dance:

RBP
02-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Yes, all women that get pregnant are whores. :|

Muddy
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM

Yeah.. Very harsh, Porky.. Sometimes you shock me.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Im kidding, Im not a shock jock but I play one on the interwebs

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2013, 06:42 PM

A 16 year old (or possibly 15 at the time) that is stupid enough to be out getting fucked without using some kind of protection? Probably just a slut then instead of a whore :tup:

RBP
02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
A 16 year old (or possibly 15 at the time) that is stupid enough to be out getting fucked without using some kind of protection? Probably just a slut then instead of a whore :tup:

She could have only been with one guy ever for all you know. And what responsibility does the guy have here...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2013, 06:55 PM
He didnt get pregnant...did he :twisted:

FBD
02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
none of that is an excuse for "yo momma raised u wrong" though :lol: both the kids should be responsible. made to be responsible, it shouldnt be up to society to have to take care of the 3 of them forever now.

ffs...my son's mom had her tell her "get an abortion or get the fuck out of my house"...

deebakes
02-14-2013, 01:13 AM
He didnt get pregnant...did he :twisted:

because you swallowed? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2013, 11:37 AM
FOX News

A pregnant Texas teen has won the right to have her baby after she reached an agreement with her parents, who she had sued claiming they were forcing her to abort the fetus.

MyFoxHouston.com reports the teen, who was only identified in court records as R.E.K., will be allowed to have the child and her parents will not threaten her with physical force.

Under the terms of the agreement, the parents will allow the girl to marry her 16-year-old boyfriend Evan Madison, who told MyFoxHouston.com he is glad the legal matter has been settled.

"Emotionally and stressful it's been tough," Madison said. "We've had fights and arguments over all of this and what will happen next because her parents are very unpredictable."

The parents also agreed to return the teen's car, pay her cell phone bill and pay half of her health insurance.

The teen was represented by the Texas Center for Defense of Life, who say they see the agreement as a victory in the fight against abortion.

"Right now it's a victory for life," attorney Stephen Carey told MyFoxHouston.com. "And we're glad that they stood up for the right to life and that they recognized, our client recognized that her child had the right to live and she wanted to protect that."

Currently the teen is living with her mother, but Madison says they are hoping to get married soon and begin their lives as a new family.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2013, 11:38 AM
The parents also agreed to return the teen's car, pay her cell phone bill and pay half of her health insurance.

Why? :-s

If she wants to have a kid at 16 and play grown-up, then she should have to do it all the way. :wha:

RBP
02-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Why? :-s

If she wants to have a kid at 16 and play grown-up, then she should have to do it all the way. :wha:

Why do you have such a hard on for this girl? :-s

Assuming it was done under duress and not because they decided to stop being assholes and be a decent parent/grandparent, they might have done it to avoid the legal expenses.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes, whatever am I thinking....this world needs more teenage mothers, not less. Because it always works out so well in the end, especially when the girl's parents want nothing to do with the baby to be.

RBP
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Yes, whatever am I thinking....this world needs more teenage mothers, not less. Because it always works out so well in the end, especially when the girl's parents want nothing to do with the baby to be.

Not every baby should be aborted because they don't fit your definition of worthy of life. :|

Sounds like the boy is stepping up and the parents have decided to be supportive. I hope they do well.

Pony
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Since they are getting married does that mean the parents are no longer responsible for her?