PDA

View Full Version : Times Square Spiderman claims 'punching a woman in the face for not tipping him' was 'self-defence'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
By Victoria Wellman - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/VKcGUvp.jpg

A Times Square Spiderman impersonator is claiming he acted in self-defence when he allegedly struck a woman for not tipping him yesterday.

Superheroes are a dime a dozen in New York's City's tourist hub, all of them hustling to have pictures taken with enthusiastic visitors in exchange for tips, but the fun photo opportunity turned sour after Philip Williams, 35, posed in costume with the woman's children.

According to the testimony heard in court, the 44-year-old mother told the Spiderman mimic that she didn't have any money after the photo had been taken.

Lieutenant John Grimple told MailOnline that Mr Williams then replied: 'You're crap' and subsequently punched the woman in the face.

The New York Post reported that in court, the defendant's lawyer argued that her client acted in self-defence after the woman initially hurled a snowball at the angry superhero.

Lt Grimple however told us: 'I never heard anything about a snowball. He punched her.'

Police were called to the scene at around 3pm after the woman's husband and Mr Williams began fighting, and managed to stop the protective husband from pounding the defendant.

In a fit of passion, the woman meanwhile had approached another Spiderman by mistake.

'A woman came to me and said, "What did you do to me, you f***ker?"' said the Times Square Spidey, who preferred to stay anonymous. 'Her husband came over and said it was a different Spider-Man. They went over to the other one and started fighting.'

Prosecutors pointed to Mr Williams' past record, citing charges of grand larceny and retail fraud when he was 17 and living in Michigan.

Prosecutors pointed to Mr Williams' past record, citing charges of grand larceny and retail fraud when he was 17 and living in Michigan.

Ms Black responded by telling the judge that her client made all court appearances relating to those matters.

Back in Times Square, others are worried about the implications of such a brawl and are no doubt recalling last year's anti-Semitic Elmo who was arrested for disorderly conduct and racist ranting in Central Park.

'Getting arrested isn’t good for any of us,' said Times Square worker Christian, who dresses as Big Bird. 'It makes us all look bad.'

deebakes
02-14-2013, 01:24 AM
:lolwut:

RBP
02-14-2013, 03:33 AM
Cheap bitch.