PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theorists Leap at the Confusing Case of Dorner’s Multiple Wallets

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
By Cord Jefferson - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/VuMK2Yv.jpg

Now that the story of Christopher Dorner seems to have come to its end, it's time to start rewriting it. Enter the Dorner Truthers. These are the people, a number of whom are on Reddit, who have noticed the strange fact that, in less than a week, reports put Christopher Dorner's wallet and ID in three different places, each of which were miles away from one another.

This is from The Log, a San Diego boating and fishing publication, which reported that Dorner's wallet and ID were discovered near Lindbergh Field, also known as San Diego International Airport:

According to reports, the boat's prop became fouled and the gunman was not able to operate the boat. The gunman in the attempted "boat-jacking" was described as a heavyset man in his 30s dressed in black clothing — and officers are awaiting forensics testing to positively determine whether the suspect is, in fact, the 270-pound, 6-foot-tall Dorner, Hassen said. Dorner's wallet, containing his identification, was found near San Diego's Lindbergh Field on Feb. 7.

This is from Fox News, which reported that Dorner's wallet and ID were found at the San Ysidro Point of Entry at the US-Mexico border:

Investigators say Dorner attempted to steal a boat in San Diego and drive it to Mexico. Dorner's wallet, including his identification cards, was also found at the San Ysidro Point of Entry near the U.S.-Mexico border, the Los Angeles Times reported.

And this is from the Huffington Post, which reported that just yesterday Dorner's wallet and ID were discovered in a cabin so engulfed with fire that Dorner's suspected corpse was charred beyond recognition:

An official briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press that a wallet with a California driver's license with the name Christopher Dorner has been found in the rubble of a cabin.

Though he botched a number of things in the course of his warpath—a bungled boat robbery, wrecking his truck and smashing its axle, etc.—Dorner seemed better prepared than most spree killers, which might explain why he had multiple wallets and multiple IDs (perhaps he was trying to throw authorities off his track). Another possibility is that press outlets made mistakes during their reporting, thus leading the public to wrongly believe that Dorner's wallet was in three places at once.

Or there's the possibility that the wallet skeptics have found the one flaw in a carefully scripted police conspiracy, and that the police made a conscious decision to lie to everyone about finding Dorner's wallet in multiple places, in an effort to...well, it's not clear why the police would do that. General mayhem?

I've reached out the LAPD in order to ask them about the wallet discrepancies and will update this post if and when they respond. Until then, don't expect silence from conspiracy-minded Redditors, some of whom are already saying the Dorner case bears an unsettling similarity to the 9/11 "coverup": "Reminds me of that passport they found on 9/11... 2 buildings turned to rubble, yet a perfectly legible passport of the 'hijackers' was saved."

Softdreamer
02-15-2013, 01:04 PM
This goes along with the theory of quantum mechanics..

Your wallet or car keys can be in several places at once until you look for them.
Then they appear in the least probable place :D

Acid Trip
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Why is someone automatically considered a conspiracy theorist when they question "facts" the media puts out?

This is clearly three different stories, from three different sources, from three different areas all saying they found his wallet and ID at the scene. Not f'ing possible.

FBD
02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
have they even confirmed the barbecue was dorner?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
have they even confirmed the barbecue was dorner?

Yes, they released it this morning that I saw....they positively ID'ed the body as Dorner

FBD
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
teeth.

I dont think that's what he had in mind with the word "firefight"

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
So much wrong with this case it screams cover up

FBD
02-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Well, one thing's for sure, if it wasnt him, expect to see more dead cops in CA.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2013, 05:50 PM
I think they got him, but I think there were "getting" him to cover something up. How do you explain police opening fire on a car with 2 old ladies in it? The truck wasn't even the right model or color. The one women was in her 70s and they were both Asian.

Acid Trip
02-15-2013, 05:52 PM
I think they got him, but I think there were "getting" him to cover something up. How do you explain police opening fire on a car with 2 old ladies in it? The truck wasn't even the right model or color. The one women was in her 70s and they were both Asian.

They clearly wanted him dead and not alive.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
that is true

FBD
02-15-2013, 06:23 PM
dead men tell no tales

that's why 'ol spinach chin had the kill order with no "capture if possible"

Hal-9000
02-15-2013, 07:35 PM
apologies guys I haven't been watching TV or reading papers...

they killed him? or burned him?

From what I've read so far it does seem that the LAPD was trying to hide something....

FBD
02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
they discovered he was in the cabin and if you watch the videos you can hear the cops going burn that motherfucker down!

Hal-9000
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
wow...not even a warning shot in the leg

they burned the domicile he was holed up in?

yes, they wanted him to remain quiet forever

FBD
02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
yeah, all that "shooting" in the vid is ammo exploding.

Hal-9000
02-15-2013, 07:53 PM
they didn't burn the cabin...they drone striked his ass

Griffin
02-15-2013, 10:15 PM
wouldn't that be "struck"?

Hal-9000
02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
it's been a bad day at work, my grammar is suffering

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Dronified :thumbsup: