PDA

View Full Version : Garbage man rescues six-week-old puppy who was tossed in the trash and left to die

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2013, 12:01 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/fN1M9rV.jpg

A garbage worker has been hailed a hero after he rescued a six-week-old puppy from getting squashed in a trash tote after it was thrown away by its owner.

Michael Upchurch, from Muncie, Indiana, found the dog - which he has since named Garby, shivering and covered in garbage.

Describing his discovery, he said: 'This ole' doggy here was hollering, "Save me" I guess in dog talk. He was frozen stiff.

'I turned on the heat right here with the heat on full blast. Now, every bag I dump I'm like, "Oh no, what's in that one?"

'I'll take good care of her Toter from now on. It's been a wild ride and it's been fun.'

The original owner said she thought the puppy was dead when she threw him out and had also thrown away two other puppies. She may now face neglect and animal cruelty charges.

Upchurch and his wife, Shelley, decided to adopt the puppy as they had been planning on getting a dog for a while.

Phil Peckinpaugh, director of the Muncie Animal Shelter, said on Thursday that he officially filed a citation in Muncie City Court against the woman allegedly responsible for dumping the puppy.

She told him she thought the dog had PARVO and had died when she threw him in the trash.

Peckinpaugh told the Muncie Star Press: 'When she thought that they were sick, instead of making the decision to take the animal to a vet — which would've been the correct and right decision — she made a self-diagnosis of PARVO, which turned out to be inaccurate.

'When the puppies stopped moving because their blood sugar was so low because they were starving, she made the decision that they were dead and threw them in the trash. You should never throw a puppy in the trash can — dead or alive, obviously.'

Muncie police Sgt Mike Engle said Thursday the city’s Criminal Investigations Division is actively investigating the case.

Goofy
02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Muppets

deebakes
02-20-2013, 01:10 AM
is that britney's dog? :-k