PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed mother-of-11 is keeping horse

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
The Telegraph

http://i.imgur.com/R8TpC27.jpg

Heather Frost, 36, bought a grey mare called Annie last year and pays paddock fees, food and vet’s bills every month.

According to stable hands the animal, which Miss Frost keeps for her 16-year-old daughter Angel, costs about £200 per month to look after.

Miss Frost has refused to comment on the horse, but Angel took to a local newspaper website to defend her mother.

She wrote: "My mum has nothing to be ashamed about.

"The house we are mooving (sic) to in northway is smaller then the one we live in now, so its far from a mansion."

Her mother said: "I will not talk about my horse or my kids any more."

Miss Frost has “struggled along” for five years in two houses knocked together for her in Gloucestershire but Tewkesbury Borough Council has sold a plot of land for around £210,000 to Severn Vale Housing, who will build the super-council house for the family.

She first became pregnant at 14, to a 23–year–old boyfriend, who has not been named.

Her children are Sophie, 21, Toby, 19, Megan, 18, Angel, Jay, 14, Chloe, 13, Paige, 12, Emily, 10, Beth, nine, Ruby, seven, and Tilly Frost, two.

She keeps Annie the horse at a paddock around a mile from her current home in Churchdown, Glos.

A worker at the paddock, on Innsworth Lane, claimed Miss Frost recently negotiated to buy two more horses but the deal fell through at the last minute.

She currently pays £65-a-month paddock fees but had negotiated a deal last month where she could stable three horses for £175.

The stable hand said Miss Frost bought Annie from a previous owner who also kept the nag at Innsworth Lane.

"They bought the horse about eight months ago," the paddock worker said. "Horses are expensive, I know, I've had them all my life.

"It has breathing difficulties, so the vet has to come out quite often. They must spend at least £200 a month on her.

"They were going to buy two more horses recently, but that deal fell through.

"It's sickening to think that she can afford what most people would consider a luxury at the expense of the British taxpayer.”

Matthew Sinclair, chief executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance said: "Benefits are there to provide a safety net when people fall on tough times, not fund an enormous house and a pony.

"Many families are struggling even to pay their daily bills and afford a decent home for their own family, so they will find it staggering if they are paying to stable someone else's horse.

"Welfare should not pay for claimants to enjoy a lifestyle most hard-pressed taxpayers cannot afford themselves."

FBD
02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
kinda reminds me of my crazy animal aunt, will go into debt to shelter a dying wild animal. except she works and keeps up her freakin household and isnt on the dole.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 05:00 PM
:lol:

Bring back shame

Loser
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Bring back shame
end welfare, and you will ;)

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
They rename these programs from food stamps to Cal fresh program to remove the shame

FBD
02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
ffs...they should just start calling it accurately....the "living off other fkn people" program or some shit like that.

redred
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
she's having a £400,000 new house built for her by the tax payers as well http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4801158/Jobless-mum-of-11-gets-luxury-6-bedroom-eco-mansion-built.html

:facepalm: proud to be british

Muddy
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
They rename these programs from food stamps to Cal fresh program to remove the shame

We give ours "ebt" cards..

Acid Trip
02-20-2013, 05:33 PM
she's having a £400,000 new house built for her by the tax payers as well http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4801158/Jobless-mum-of-11-gets-luxury-6-bedroom-eco-mansion-built.html

Wow, that link is infuriating. Glad it's you guys paying her bennys and not me. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM

We have that too, and WIC and Im an illegal feed and house me

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM

Same here because food stamp coupons were "too embarrassing" to use :|

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM

Whenever I get frustrated at the freeloaders here in this country, all I have to do is look at the UK and realize we don't have it nearly as bad :lol:

FBD
02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Whenever I get frustrated at the freeloaders here in this country, all I have to do is look at the UK and realize we don't have it nearly as bad :lol:

in the words of Wednesday Addams,

"wait"

:banghead:

Muddy
02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
We have that too, and WIC and Im an illegal feed and house me

I dont mind WIC.. it's necessity for kids.. No real way to scam that..

Acid Trip
02-20-2013, 07:47 PM

We need to send all our freeloaders to the UK because they are obviously welcome there.

Acid Trip
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM

Responsibility 101: Don't have kids if you can't afford to take care of them.

FBD
02-20-2013, 08:10 PM

heh wtf?

Muddy
02-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Responsibility 101: Don't have kids if you can't afford to take care of them.

Cant have a bunch of malnourished American children walking around becasue of inept parenting.

FBD
02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
eat up that junk, adipose is the fastest decomposing tissue :dance:

Muddy
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
eat up that junk, adipose is the fastest decomposing tissue :dance:

What junk? malnourishment?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Those fucking cards are used at 7-11 to by sodas and candy when I worked there. Not for milk and eggs

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Those fucking cards are used at 7-11 to by sodas and candy when I worked there. Not for milk and eggs

Yup, I've seen people buying Slurpees and nachos while using their welfare cards :|

Muddy
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM

I saw a woman (with her approx. 3 year old little white girl) use them one time at the grocery store.. She had Milk and juice and peanut butter.. The items were clearly for the child. The clerk inspected the items and the woman surrendered a coupon. Sometimes people genuinely need help due to uncontrollable circumstances. If you penis heads can't see that, then you are an extremely out of touch group.

Acid Trip
02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
I saw a woman (with her approx. 3 year old little white girl) use them one time at the grocery store.. She had Milk and juice and peanut butter.. The items were clearly for the child. The clerk inspected the items and the woman surrendered a coupon. Sometimes people genuinely need help due to uncontrollable circumstances. If you penis heads can't see that, then you are an extremely out of touch group.

I have no problem providing people temporary assistance. You remember, it's how welfare/unemployment used to work. People got a few months to get back on their feet then they are on their own. It would be nice if we got back to that.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2013, 08:48 PM

Excuse me, but I have been in that position when my father abandoned my mother, brother and me when we were kids. I know what it's like to need assistance and what it's like to bust your ass (my mom worked three jobs and still couldn't make ends meet and I have been working in some capacity since I was 12 or 13 years old). So I know there are people out there that genuinely need help.

Some fat bitch with her kids in tow at 7-11 buying Slurpees and nachos with her welfare card IS NOT one of those people.

Goofy
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
We need to send all our freeloaders to the UK because they are obviously welcome there.

Too true unfortunately :| That's why our country is fucked

minz
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
She's clearly never worked a day in her whole life, there should be a limit on how many children you can claim for in cases like that then hopefully they will think twice before breeding like rabbits.

Muddy
02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Excuse me, but I have been in that position when my father abandoned my mother, brother and me when we were kids. I know what it's like to need assistance and what it's like to bust your ass (my mom worked three jobs and still couldn't make ends meet and I have been working in some capacity since I was 12 or 13 years old). So I know there are people out there that genuinely need help.

Some fat bitch with her kids in tow at 7-11 buying Slurpees and nachos with her welfare card IS NOT one of those people.

There is a difference between the WIC program and an EBT card.. Im pretty certain you didnt see someone paying for a slurpee with a WIC voucher. If you did, then the retailer is in violation of the law.

"The WIC check/voucher is a specially designed check that is compatible with retail point-of-sale check readers and printers. The front of the check displays the recipient’s name and recipient number, a begin use- and an end-use date, a list of allowable items to be purchased with the check/voucher, including the quantity and/or maximum weight of the allowed items listed. The WIC recipient can choose if they want only some or all of the items listed on the check. The check also has an area for the cashier to enter the sale total, and an area for the recipient to sign the check/voucher at the time of use. The checks make use of MICR for enhanced security and ease of processing."

The food items provided by WIC are juice (single strength), milk, breakfast cereal, cheese, eggs, fruits and vegetables, whole wheat bread, whole grain items including brown rice and tortillas, fish (canned), legumes (dry), and peanut butter. The program also provides tofu, soy milk, and medical foods for children and women with various metabolic or other diseases. Since the white potato was deemed less nutritious than other produce, the WIC commission banned white potatoes from the list, causing protests.[11] Organic fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains are covered under WIC while organic milk, cheese, juice, peanut butter and eggs are not covered under the program.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 10:52 PM
:givesawayallmoney:

Pony
02-20-2013, 11:25 PM
A few of those kids are old enough to have full time jobs to help support the family and a couple more can be doing part time work or watching the kids when mom gets a job.

Hell, if the 16YO needed a horse she should be taking care of it. Even if she has to shovel stalls t6o cover her horses board.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
That's for responsible people. She's not raising responsible people

Hugh_Janus
02-21-2013, 12:48 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/11/12.png

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2013, 01:41 AM

Where are you finding these pics, Mush?