PDA

View Full Version : University of Colorado Advises Women to Vomit or Urinate to Stop Rapists

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/8mm7T0f.png

The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Department of Public Safety is advising female students to try some unusual defenses if a man tries to rape them, such as vomiting, urinating and claiming that they are menstruating.

According to IBTimes.com, the advisory was updated Monday evening, just hours after the Colorado State House of Representatives passed a package of gun control bills, by a vote of 34-31.

One of the bills would make it illegal for people to carry guns on the campuses of public universities. Another bill would require gun buyers to pay the cost of their state background checks.

However, the bills still have to pass the State Senate and be signed by the governor.

The new college advisory reads, "Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating," and, "Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone."

These methods for fighting off a rapist are part of Rape Aggression Defense Systems, a class offered by the school's public safety department.

Democratic State Rep. Joe Salazar said on Friday that female students should not have access to guns to protect themselves from being raped because they might shoot an innocent person.

“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles," Salazar said. "Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop, pop around at somebody.”

Salazar eventually apologized for any offense he may have caused.

“I’m sorry if I offended anyone. That was absolutely not my intention,” Salazar said. “We were having a public policy debate on whether or not guns makes people safer on campus. I don’t believe they do. That was the point I was trying to make.

“If anyone thinks I’m not sensitive to the dangers women face, they’re wrong. I am a husband and father of two beautiful girls, and I’ve spent the last decade defending women’s rights as a civil rights attorney. Again, I’m deeply sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.”

deebakes
02-20-2013, 01:58 PM
:bwaha:

Acid Trip
02-20-2013, 02:05 PM
So the rapist gets a free golden shower too? Not sure how that's going to discourage them...

RBP
02-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Every article on gun laws gets more and more stupid. :facepalm:

KevinD
02-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Praise the lord and pass the ammo...Wait, what?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
:puke::lwank:

redred
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
some people get off on that stuff :lol:

FBD
02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
thank god for those safe zones.

oh, sorry, I mean thank "the government" for those "safe" zones.