PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2013, 11:45 AM
I thought there was already a thread for this, but I can't seem to find it :-k

Anyhoo, after driving in to work in the snow this morning, I have come up with a name for a group of cars that are all driving together when weather is happening. You know those people, the ones crawling along the highway at 30 mph in a 65 mph zone when there is barely an inch or two of snow, all petrified to be driving and all too scared to pass one another....I declare them a clusterfuck of cars :)

There's a herd of cows, a murder of crows, a parliament of owls and now...a clusterfuck of cars. :thumbsup:

FFS if you are that scared of a little snow then STAY THE FUCK HOME! :x

Griffin
02-21-2013, 11:52 AM
slow moving, clustered together, lumbering along as a mindless group?

More than likely zombies, best to just shoot them in the head.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Trust me, if it was legal and I could get away with it, I would thin the herd of moronic drivers out there on the highways on a daily basis :lol:

Pony
02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
The worst part is they all think they are being safer. Clumping together like that is way more likely to cause a pileup. Personaaly I dont want any other cars around me when the roads ar bad.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
The worst part is they all think they are being safer. Clumping together like that is way more likely to cause a pileup. Personaaly I dont want any other cars around me when the roads ar bad.

Yup, and they are also super dangerous by driving so freaking slow....you come up on those groups of cars A LOT faster than you realize.

Arkady Renko
02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
I thought there was already a thread for this, but I can't seem to find it :-k

Anyhoo, after driving in to work in the snow this morning, I have come up with a name for a group of cars that are all driving together when weather is happening. You know those people, the ones crawling along the highway at 30 mph in a 65 mph zone when there is barely an inch or two of snow, all petrified to be driving and all too scared to pass one another....I declare them a clusterfuck of cars :)

There's a herd of cows, a murder of crows, a parliament of owls and now...a clusterfuck of cars. :thumbsup:

FFS if you are that scared of a little snow then STAY THE FUCK HOME! :x

I call these people the summer-tyre-brigade. Those morons easily cost me 30 minutes of my life every day of the winter season, I hate them with a passion. :banghead:

redred
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
just do what we do over here ,as soon as the first snowflake lands stop public transport and close roads, if you do happen to be driving crash into the nearest lamp post

Arkady Renko
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Maybe I shouldn't bitch all that much though, after all, people's stupidity at the wheel keeps supporting my profession nicely. And there are other perks, too: Next week, i'm gonna get a free new rear bumper and wing for one of my cars because some numpty sled into my car when I was waiting at a zebra strip. Now I just need to figure out a way to make someone's insurance pay for the same on the front of the car.

Korpiklaani
02-21-2013, 09:05 PM

Ahh, see, this is where you are wrong sir whom I don't know yet!! If you use a gun to kill them, the loud sound of the gun going off will attract more of a clusterfuck of cars to your area. You must treat the clusterfuck with great care and compassion, by using a axe or crossbow. This way it is quick and soundless.

And yeah, that's why I don't drive. It's cheaper here anyway. $104 a month for a unlimited metro card that is valid on all subways and buses, that can literally take you anywhere in NYC. Plus, drivers here are assholes.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Why do people drive in "packs" when on the highway? :wha:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Because they are sheep and when they come up on a car they just fall in line instead of going around

Southern Belle
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Because they can't drive. Gawd, that irritates the hell out of me.

FBD
04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Because they are sheep and when they come up on a car they just fall in line instead of going around

this. people dont pay fkn attention - I had to yell at my buddy once...going 90 in the middle lane, car there up ahead....zips right up to it, slows down to 65...gets aggravated after 15 seconds, goes into left lane and floors it. dude wtf, just pay attention to what's in front of you and you wouldnt have had to have stopped going 90 to begin with :roll:

KevinD
04-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I spend way too much time on the highways and byways of this nation. People are fucking idiots. What kills me is when there is the concrete barriers along the road. I guess this freaked people out because invariably, they slow the fuck down. Come on ass hats! Lanes are 10 feet wide, average vehicle is 7 feet wide. You'll fit through just fine!

Pony
04-04-2013, 09:07 PM

Idiots don't look at the speedo they just go the same speed as the idiot next to them who's driving 7MPH under the limit. The rest of the "pack" is all just people getting bottlenecked up because of a couple dumbasses.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm so glad I leave for work really early on days like today when it's snowing and the roads aren't exactly in great shape.

The interstate was snow covered (probably averaging between 1 to 3 inches deep...the way they take care of the roads out here is a fucking joke) but at least in the snow there is traction. I had it in 4WD and was able to actually go close to the speed limit. But invariably there are these fucking morons driving RIGHT DOWN THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY GOING 20 MPH and acting like the road is theirs. I would give anything for a rental vehicle with the full insurance coverage so I could run these morons over.

Guess what? If you are that fucking scared of the weather and afraid to drive in it....STAY THE FUCK HOME OR TAKE THE FUCKING BUS!

Packs of cars....single cars....you just can't win. :|

Muddy
04-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Snow.. That's crazy man.. We have done a few 85 degree weekends here already.. It's crazy how far removed we become..

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
It's snowing like a bitch outside here :lol:

Noilly Pratt
04-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Clusterfuck of cars...I like the term. My dad used to call that herding mentality a "clump" of cars, because eventually that's the sound of metal on metal!

I was on the freeway about 25 years ago - snowy and cold - and a clump of cars were ahead of me. A gentle curve to the right and it looked like the guy up front got scared in mid curve, and slams on his brakes, does a pirouette, and the 2 behind him proceed in slamming into the passenger side door as he's trying to regain control. It looked like something out of a demolition derby with the 2 cars pushing the sliding car along for a bit. Luckily he didn't flip over...thought he was about to I think.

I pull over and see if any help can be given (this was before cell phones were commonplace), and I drive ahead to the next turnoff and call the police.

To bastardize the immortal words of AC/DC... you've been.... Clusterfucked!

Goofy
04-23-2013, 04:56 PM

Flock of cows :nono:

FBD
04-23-2013, 06:45 PM
pack of hemorrhoids :lol:

Hal-9000
04-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Single lane both ways, cars going through an intersection. Usually when people are turning left, others scoot around them on the right and continue going straight through the intersection...

correct? We've all done it, right? Did you know it's illegal to pass someone in an intersection? So I try not to do that if I'm the person behind the guy turning left, I wait it out.

This morning I'm going through the intersection and the cars approaching me are turning left. I wait for the usual asswipes to scoot around the left turners and see this woman with her right turning light on...so I assume she's going to turn right, while the other guys are going left. So I turn left and she decides to come straight across the intersection almost hitting my car. Then she starts mouthing it up and shaking her fist as she goes past me...leaving me stranded in the middle of the intersection because now other cars are going straight through on both sides.

:sad2: I was right and she was the douche....and I didn't even get to admonish her or punch her with a closed fist 9 times in the face.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Okay, this morning it's snowing and we got more snow than they predicted. Roads are fairly shitty, but they have been worse. So not only did I have to deal with the asshats that were going so slow (driving wherever they felt like it on the interstate mind you because obviously it's legal to drive like that if you can't see the lines) that they were almost going backwards, I get nearly halfway to work when I come upon FOUR FUCKING SNOW PLOWS side by side blocking all three lanes of the highway including the breakdown lane all going around 25 mph. And do you think they would attempt to get out of the way? Of course fucking not, so for 12 miles I had to follow behinds these fucking assholes because they wouldn't let anyone get by. They had to have had about a mile worth of traffic behind them from what I could see.

I hate this state sometimes. :|

redred
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH04i4eTrJk

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2014, 12:07 PM
I love living in a winter state that seems completely baffled every time it snows. :|

DemonGeminiX
01-31-2014, 12:30 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2014, 10:41 AM
It started raining yesterday afternoon and has been raining all night all around the city, so because the roads are wet, of course that means that everyone needs to drive 20 mph under the fucking speed limit on the highway. :|

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2014, 11:41 AM
:-k

No offense intended, but sometimes I get the impression that you're a reckless driver.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2014, 11:48 AM
If you are afraid of weather, stay home and get the hell outta my way :hand:

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Yep, you're a reckless driver.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
How about you come over here and I reckless you? :x

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2014, 12:18 PM
No, you big meanie.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Get over here! :x

Goofy
07-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Should start a band, The Bald Reckless :tup:

FBD
07-30-2014, 02:51 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2017, 12:28 PM
On the way in to work this morning about 100 yards in front of me, witnessed a car driving on the interstate in the far left lane decide right at the exit that he NEEDED to get off the highway right then. Crossed over 3 lanes of the highway and in front of two other cars, one in the center lane and one in the right lane. The next exit was only a mile down the highway where he could have safely gotten off the highway, turned around, and gone back to that exit he basically missed.

And people wonder why there's road rage. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Well, it's finally snowing in the city, after nearly 70 days with nothing. It's snowing pretty hard, but the roads are just wet, it's been too warm for the roads to freeze, especially since it's hovering right around the freezing mark. Coming into work this morning, rolling down the interstate, doing 60 in a 55 with no problem because, as I said, roads are just wet, and not even wet enough to have puddles or standing water anywhere, just plain old wet. I come up over a hill and I see about 200 yards in front of me a car that I am coming upon pretty fast driving with their 4 way flashers on. :| If they were going more than 25 mph I would be really surprised.

:facepalm:

First, driving with your 4 ways on is against the law dumbass. Second, IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING BAD OUT! iF YOU ARE THAT FUCKING AFRAID OF WEATHER, STAY THE FUCK HOME FFS!

:banghead:

Goofy
12-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Well, it's finally snowing in the city, after nearly 70 days with nothing. It's snowing pretty hard, but the roads are just wet, it's been too warm for the roads to freeze, especially since it's hovering right around the freezing mark. Coming into work this morning, rolling down the interstate, doing 60 in a 55 with no problem because, as I said, roads are just wet, and not even wet enough to have puddles or standing water anywhere, just plain old wet. I come up over a hill and I see about 200 yards in front of me a car that I am coming upon pretty fast driving with their 4 way flashers on. :| If they were going more than 25 mph I would be really surprised.

First, driving with your 4 ways on is against the law dumbass. Second, IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING BAD OUT! iF YOU ARE THAT FUCKING AFRAID OF WEATHER, STAY THE FUCK HOME FFS!

:empathy:

Muddy
12-14-2017, 02:03 PM

http://i64.tinypic.com/6jdq2b.jpg