PDA

View Full Version : America’s salons have banned me... so now I’ll carry on tanning in Britain

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/DAqGAXN.png

THE American sunbed addict, dubbed the world’s first “tanorexic”, plans to beat bans from US salons – by moving to Britain.

Mum-of-five Patricia Krentcil is a fright to behold after years of addiction.

She has been branded the States’ worst parent over claims she encouraged her six-year-old daughter Anna to get on a sunbed and has been banned from every tanning salon in her home state of New Jersey.

But now Patricia wants to move to London to start a new life — and continue dosing herself with ultraviolet rays.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, she says: “I was born to tan — and there is nothing like the colour that you get from a sunbed.

“But in the past year I have been banned from tanning salons. Now I have to spend hours covering myself in tanning lotion to get the colour I want.

“It’s freezing cold here in New Jersey during winter so I cannot spend any time sunbathing in my garden.

“I need to get out of this place so I can regain my freedom and live my life the way I want to. There’s no future for me here.

“But I love London and am convinced that moving there is the only way my family and I can find happiness again.”

Fighting back tears, Patricia admits her tanning addiction has heaped misery on her husband and kids and left them embarrassed to be seen out with her.

But she has no plans to quit her habit.

She says: “I cannot remember a time in my life when I have ever been pale.

“From an early age I associated being tanned with being pretty. I would spend hours sunbathing on the beach or in my garden. The darker I got, the prettier I felt.

“About 12 years ago I began using tanning beds and was amazed how, in just a few minutes, I got the same effect as from lying in the sun for hours.

“From the first time I went, I was hooked. Some people like to drink, do drugs or eat too much — but I get my kicks from tanning.

“Before I was banned, whenever I got a spare moment I would pop down to the salon — and the ten minutes I spent lying on the bed were sheer heaven.

“Not once did I ever look in the mirror and think I was too dark. In fact, in my head, I was never dark enough.”

Patricia has ignored doctors’ warnings her habit could kill her.

She says: “They told me it was bad and tanning beds cause cancer.

“But I’ve been using them for years and never got cancer, so what do they know?

“There are far more dangerous things you can do in life, like chain-smoking or injecting drugs.

“I never felt tanning was doing me any harm and love looking like I’m just back from vacation.”

Last May, Patricia’s addiction was revealed in The Sun after burns were spotted on the skin of her flame-haired, freckle-faced daughter Anna.

When the school nurse asked how she got them, Anna said: “Tanning with Mommy.”

Police arrested Patricia and hauled her in for questioning.

Pictures of her eerily dark face were beamed around the globe as the world’s media massed at her suburban doorstep.

Patricia became a hate figure in her home town of Nutley, as locals feared she would encourage her daughter to copy her life-threatening ways.

She is waiting to see if a US court will charge her with child endangerment — for which she could get ten years’ jail.

But Patricia, 44, insists she never encouraged her daughter to tan and that she is innocent of all charges.

She admits she would let Anna go with her for “a girls’ day out” at the City Tropics Salon where she had a £99-a-month deal for unlimited sessions.

But she insists her daughter received her burns while playing in the garden.

She says: “All I ever wanted to be was a mum and now I am being persecuted for something that I did not do to my child.

“Everyone thinks I am this evil monster who would put her freckle-faced angel on a tanning bed.

“I mean, look at her. It would be like putting a chicken in a frying pan. She is that fair, it would be nothing short of insanity.

“This really is just a hideous mistake but a mistake which is now costing me and my family our lives.”

The story has caused huge embarrassment for Patricia’s husband Richard, 47, who recently lost his job on Wall Street, leaving the family on the breadline.

It has also heaped torment on her other children Ashley, 19, Alec, 18, Austin, 16, and four-year-old Addison, who have faced harrassment and bullying at school and in their neighbourhood.

Patricia herself has come close to a nervous breakdown and has been on the verge of suicide over the past year.

Local salons have banned her because they fear for their health — and want no more of the bad publicity she has brought them.

Patricia says: “Since being branded the world’s most evil mum, my life and my family’s life has been destroyed.

“It is almost a year now since I was arrested and, no exaggeration, my life has become a living hell. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat and all I do is cry.

“I have been accused of something I didn’t do and now my family and I cannot even go out in public as the taunts are just too much to bear.

“The truth is, my children are embarrassed to be seen with me. My marriage is also in tatters due to the stress we are under.

“Everyone thinks I am the monster mum, when in fact my entire world is my kids and I love them all to death.

“Now I am just struggling to keep it together and there are days when I think it would be easier just to lie down and die.

“We have no money left and no life, because we cannot even set foot outside our home.

“All I do is cry and cry and cry and I think the only way out of this dreadful existence is to flee as far away as possible.

“To me, London is the perfect place. Nobody will know us and, unlike in New Jersey, I think people are more educated and less small-minded.

“The only thing keeping me going is the idea of us all moving to London.

“I want to start selling my own tanning lotion there and I’m am so excited about finally being able to live my life in peace.

“We have already started looking at where we want to live and, as soon as we can, we plan on putting our home on the market and moving overseas.

“I think living in the UK will be the fresh start we need.”

FBD
02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
:haha:

redred
02-25-2013, 01:23 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2013, 01:31 PM
:facepalm:

You're welcome England :)

RBP
02-25-2013, 01:42 PM
You're welcome England :)

She'll get full benefits too! :tup:

Pony
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
:wank:

Muddy
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I thought she gave up on tanning..?

http://i.imgur.com/c9w1zUQ.jpg

Muddy
02-25-2013, 01:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y2vxYqe.jpg

Hal-9000
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
girl look okay to us..

http://i.imgur.com/OjF3eKr.jpg

Acid Trip
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
“To me, London is the perfect place. Nobody will know us and, unlike in New Jersey, I think people are more educated and less small-minded.

She's obviously never been to England. :lol:

Hal-9000
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
yeah cuz she'll fit right in with all of those other London, well-tanned people :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2013, 06:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y2vxYqe.jpg

.................................................. ..........................:haha:

Griffin
02-25-2013, 11:13 PM
the best part of this story is that it was brought to us by The Sun. :meh:

Lambchop
02-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Even skin cancer be like: yo fuck dat I'm outta here

Hal-9000
02-25-2013, 11:49 PM
:lol:

Tan-ning in the UKAAYYYYYY!!!!! ...sounds like a song ffs