PDA

View Full Version : Funny or crossing the line? Gallon smashing video goes viral

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
By Bob Barnard - My FOX DC

http://i.imgur.com/mDUgxEr.png

VIENNA, Va. -

There is outrage brewing over a viral video produced recently in northern Virginia. The pranksters recorded themselves repeatedly smashing gallon containers of milk and juice in local supermarkets.

The teens posted the video on their popular YouTube channel and say their latest practical joke has generated three million views in three days.

Some reviewers calling it laugh out loud funny. Others say it borders on criminal behavior.

"Well I tell you, if I ever acted like that when I was a kid, my parents would have kicked my [behind] from here to the dark side of the moon," said one man we showed the video to outside a Giant Food store in Vienna Tuesday night.

"I'm sorry," said another shopper laughing as she watched the clip. "Oh my God. That's funny."

Two brothers and a cousin, public school students from Vienna, say they shot the so-called Gallon Smashing video clips at a number of grocery stores over the course of six straight days last week.

One of the teens spoke to us by phone saying he and his cousins are wannabe actors, consider themselves entertainers and merry pranksters. Gallon Smashing is just one of about 20 videos they have produced.

"I've kind of heard about these. That's terrible," one woman told us.

"It's disturbing to see the lack of empathy that they have for the people that have to clean up their mess," added another man shopping at the Giant Food store.

One of the teens says one of the stores targeted for their latest prank video was a Harris Teeter in Tysons Corner. The manager told us he couldn't comment one way or the other.

"Unfortunately, they're stupid and they don't realize the damage they can cause or injury to somebody," said Elizabeth Agnew, a single mother of seven. "I hope they find out who they are and I hope they're severely punished."

The teen we spoke to says they had no intention of hurting anybody or damaging property, and honestly feels bad for what they did. Their video is now temporarily offline.

The pranksters' YouTube channel lists a P.O. Box in Vienna.

Vienna police tell us they were bombarded with emails last weekend from people outraged over that video.

But after checking around with area grocery stores, investigators apparently found nobody reporting this happening to them.

RBP
02-27-2013, 12:27 PM
I didn't find them funny personally. And yes it's damage to property/theft - no different than kids that smash mailboxes or whatever for "fun."