PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuits: More water, less buzz in Bud, Michelob beer

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/KcIVJdA.jpg

Beer lovers across the country have filed $5 million class-action lawsuits accusing Anheuser-Busch of watering down its Budweiser, Michelob and other brands.

The suits were filed in Pennsylvania, California and other states on behalf of consumers allegedly cheated out of the beverage's stated alcohol content. Budweiser and Michelob each boast being 5 percent alcohol, while some "light" versions are said to be just over 4 percent.

Lead lawyer Josh Boxer of San Rafael, Calif., said Tuesday the suits are based on information from former employees at some of the company's 13 U.S. breweries. Boxer said water is added just before bottling, and cuts the stated alcohol content by 3 to 8 percent.

The multinational Anheuser-Busch InBev calls the claims groundless, and says its beers fully comply with labeling laws.

redred
02-27-2013, 12:50 PM
:haha:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
they pee in the cider though

redred
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
adds to the taste

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Why would anyone take a bottle of beer and have it analyzed for its alcohol content? :wha:

DemonGeminiX
02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
The shit was all watered down to begin with.

FBD
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Why would anyone take a bottle of beer and have it analyzed for its alcohol content? :wha:

because businesses are starting to do tricky things to make up for all of the ways the government is fucking them

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
because businesses are starting to do tricky things to make up for all of the ways the government is fucking them

If I go out to the pub and buy a few beers, and it gets me buzzed or drunk, then I don't really give a rats ass if the alcoholic content is really only 4% instead of 5% :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Still need to keep people honest, where do you draw the line

redred
02-27-2013, 06:59 PM

same reason they're testing all the food over here for horse people want to know they're getting what the pay for

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Still need to keep people honest, where do you draw the line

Everybody lies...the sooner you accept that, the easier things are to deal with ;)

FBD
02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
If I go out to the pub and buy a few beers, and it gets me buzzed or drunk, then I don't really give a rats ass if the alcoholic content is really only 4% instead of 5% :rolleyes:
So does that mean we shouldnt bother discovering how much tungsten is in our gold reserves? ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 07:02 PM
So does that mean we shouldnt bother discovering how much tungsten is in our gold reserves? ;)

:tinfoil:

FBD
02-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Everybody lies...the sooner you accept that, the easier things are to deal with ;)

fcuk that bs, dude! lies and fraud are THE reason why the world is as it is. we all just collectively spat at berlusconi for saying that bribes are just part and parcel of the political process, especially where third world nations are concerned, what's the matter with them, they're just greasing the wheels...

FBD
:tinfoil:

:lol: wait

PorkChopSandwiches
Its funny you say everyone lies then call FBD crazy for thinking the government is lying.

FBD
02-27-2013, 07:05 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Its funny you say everyone lies then call FBD crazy for thinking the government is lying.

No, thinking that the US gold reserves are full of tungsten instead of actual gold is off your rocker cray cray

PorkChopSandwiches
02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Thinking there is actually anything in there could be considered cray cray

Muddy
02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I drink certain beers for the alcohol.. I am a consumer and want what I was sold and paid for.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-27-2013, 07:08 PM
:hand: be happy you get anything.

FBD
02-27-2013, 07:14 PM
No, thinking that the US gold reserves are full of tungsten instead of actual gold is off your rocker cray cray

I never said full of tungsten...but I will fkn guarantee you SOME of it is tungsten covered in gold - the atomic weight is very similar and they've already found some in england and elsewhere. how much exactly is anyone's guess, you have to be a high ranking banksta to have that info available to you.

FBD
02-27-2013, 07:16 PM

I never said full of tungsten...but I will fkn guarantee you SOME of it is tungsten covered in gold - the atomic weight is very similar and they've already found some in england, germany, nyc and elsewhere. how much exactly is anyone's guess, you have to be a high ranking banksta to have that info available to you.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/03/bar3_0.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/03/Bar4_0.jpg

Acid Trip
02-27-2013, 10:28 PM
I never said full of tungsten...but I will fkn guarantee you SOME of it is tungsten covered in gold - the atomic weight is very similar and they've already found some in england and elsewhere. how much exactly is anyone's guess, you have to be a member of the International Banking Mafia to have that info available to you.

Fixed.

DemonGeminiX
02-27-2013, 11:01 PM
So yeah, like I was saying... Bud and Michelob always tasted like alcohol flavored water to me...

FBD
02-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Fixed.

:lol: yeah, that's basicallk\y what I meant by high rankin banksta

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
By Evann Gastaldo, Newser Staff

http://i.imgur.com/EfIHaIW.jpg

(Newser) – Anheuser-Busch is having a bit of fun with the class-action lawsuits accusing it of watering down its beers, Bloomberg reports. In full-page advertisements that ran in 10 major newspapers yesterday, the brewer jokes, "They must have tested one of these," showing a can of drinking water. The company says it has donated 71 million such cans to the American Red Cross and other disaster relief organizations, the BBC reports.

"We take no shortcuts and make no exceptions. Ever," the ad continues. Tests commissioned by NPR backed up the brewer's claims, finding that alcohol content did match what the labels say. Now CNN has conducted its own tests, finding:

Budweiser label: 5%. Actual alcohol by volume: 4.94%
Bud Light Lime label: 4.2%. Actual alcohol by volume: 4.13%
Bud Ice label: 5.5%. Actual alcohol by volume: 5.35%

"The sample test results you provided are well within the variability of the all-natural brewing process and all in full compliance with all alcohol labeling laws," an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson tells CNN. But an attorney for the plaintiffs says internal testing will provide the most accurate data; the lawsuit claims a bottle of Budweiser has 4.7% alcohol, while the label claims 5%.