PDA

View Full Version : The Following (Spoilers Likely if you aren't caught up)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Well, since this is such an awesome show and I don't like putting spoilers in the general "last show you watched..." thread, I figured I'd start this.

And BTW, if you aren't watching this, you are missing out on an awesome show.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Loved the look on Jacob's face when Emma saw him at the end. I hope now that he has his first kill out of the way (albeit a mercy kill), that he kills that smirky bitch Emma :x

Loved how Roderick called her out on her lies too, that was awesome.

Fodster
03-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Whats it about?

Goofy
03-20-2013, 09:39 PM
I haven't been following......

8-[

Hal-9000
03-20-2013, 11:16 PM
the new crazy girl killing that random chick with a speargun in the restaurant made my night :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Whats it about?

Without giving too much away, it's about a serial killer that recruits a cult following to torment the former FBI agent that put him away during his first killing spree

the new crazy girl killing that random chick with a speargun in the restaurant made my night :lol:

That was awesome....and those two girls in the booth never once looked under the table when she was assembling it :shakehead:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2013, 10:41 AM
I also like the part when Hardy caught up with Louise and he warned he would shoot her dead...and as she started to explain why he wouldn't do it, he shot her in mid-sentence :dance:

Hal-9000
04-04-2013, 10:41 PM
I also like the part when Hardy caught up with Louise and he warned he would shoot her dead...and as she started to explain why he wouldn't do it, he shot her in mid-sentence :dance:

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-04-2013, 10:44 PM
OKAY I GOT IT!!!

something that bugged me about the episode with Hardy's friend in Witness protection (Angel Batista)

at one point Claire finds a bug in her pocket and then they spend the next few hours (until nightfall) fortifying the house....

DUH! I would have taken that device the moment I discovered and Fedex'ed that bitch to Alaska :lol:

even if they drove and took the bug somewhere, and then dropped it off at a UPS counter.......doh-heads :doh:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
OKAY I GOT IT!!!

something that bugged me about the episode with Hardy's friend in Witness protection (Angel Batista)

at one point Claire finds a bug in her pocket and then they spend the next few hours (until nightfall) fortifying the house....

DUH! I would have taken that device the moment I discovered and Fedex'ed that bitch to Alaska :lol:

even if they drove and took the bug somewhere, and then dropped it off at a UPS counter.......doh-heads :doh:

Yeah, I thought the best course of action would have been to leave too, but they were using the device to lure the kidnappers in close so they could kill them. I guess they figured with the element of surprise on their side, they would have a chance to hold the fort. Unfortunately they only got one of the bad guys with their fakery.

And nice work that they go through all that to try and protect Claire, Batista gets shot and almost killed and what does she do? Wander off and go willingly with them :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I thought the best course of action would have been to leave too, but they were using the device to lure the kidnappers in close so they could kill them. I guess they figured with the element of surprise on their side, they would have a chance to hold the fort. Unfortunately they only got one of the bad guys with their fakery.

And nice work that they go through all that to try and protect Claire, Batista gets shot and almost killed and what does she do? Wander off and go willingly with them :rolleyes:

Exactly.....wimmenz :x

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2013, 03:16 PM
That's the 2nd time now that she's gone off willingly with Joe's followers....so to her :thumbsdown:

Pony
04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm not following.

Hal-9000
04-05-2013, 07:25 PM
That's the 2nd time now that she's gone off willingly with Joe's followers....so to her :thumbsdown:

and all of those damned side trips to Harlan County :x

Hal-9000
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm not following.

:-s

I can't think of a response :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 12:28 PM
I wish someone would shoot Emma in the face :x

Good episode last night :)

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I wish someone would shoot Emma in the face :x

Good episode last night :)

Howdy Doodette?

yep, I can't even look at her bobblehead. That chick's neck has to be 13 inches long

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Yup, that's her.....I hate that bitch :x

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Next week is the season finale....I wonder if they will find the buried FBI agent or not :-k

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
they forgot about her cellphone :doh: she'll be fine

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 02:22 PM
So do we start a spreadsheet and keep track of how many people get stabbed in the stomach?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Seems like the place to stab them in this show :lol:

I sure hope that bitch Emma dies in the finale though :x

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 02:27 PM
it's gonna be a short series if Joe gets offed in the finale...

unless the whole long term premise is about his followers

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
So....is Joe really dead? I almost hope it was a fakeout because I don't want Emma to be the central 'bad guy' next season. I'm more pissed that she's still alive :|

And I really thought that agent Parker was gonna be found in time :(

Will Ryan and Claire survive the brutal double stabbing? (I didn't see that coming) :shock:

Hal-9000
05-02-2013, 06:31 PM
It was too pat IMO.....'we found dental records and partial DNA'.

He's coming back, same way I knew that agent had a cell phone in the coffin

:shifty:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2013, 06:33 PM
You know, when they found the spot where they buried Parker and they were digging her up, I really thought it was gonna be a fakeout and that is was gonna be an empty coffin.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I also thought that when they found Parker and realized she was dead, that Hardy and Mike were gonna bury that dude in the coffin and kill him that way...was kinda surprised when Ryan nailed him right in the forehead.

Hal-9000
05-02-2013, 07:06 PM
You know, when they found the spot where they buried Parker and they were digging her up, I really thought it was gonna be a fakeout and that is was gonna be an empty coffin.

same here, would have been perfect :thumbsup:

Ryan walking up to that guy and headshotting him made me go - oh!

Hal-9000
05-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Emma is going to walk around with a Joe-mask all of next season speaking in a faux British accent :meh:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2013, 07:13 PM
same here, would have been perfect :thumbsup:

Ryan walking up to that guy and headshotting him made me go - oh!

I like how when they took him to that abandoned building to "question" him and they threaten him and he was all like "you're the FBI, what are you ganna do?" and then they commence to beating the shit out of him :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Emma is going to walk around with a Joe-mask all of next season speaking in a faux British accent :meh:

:slap:

Hal-9000
05-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I like how when they took him to that abandoned building to "question" him and they threaten him and he was all like "you're the FBI, what are you ganna do?" and then they commence to beating the shit out of him :lol:

:lol: same way when they discovered Parker was dead and he was sitting there smiling his bloody grin, making his comments. I knew Ryan was going to remove him from this world...

Teh One Who Knocks
04-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I think I like this new bad guy the best out of anyone they have had so far :-k

I was starting to get pissed when they showed Joe busting out of prison again....I was all like there's no way he could be breaking out of prison again :x x

Then Ryan shows up outside to pick him up and it was all a daydream :lol:

Hal-9000
04-17-2015, 08:42 PM
I thought the same. Still, the guy escaped from two supermax prisons before the dream...still kinda meh in my mind..

I really like the new bad guy. He was the robot from Almost Human :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Fox canceled the show.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2015, 06:21 PM
What? It was finally getting good again

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2015, 07:36 PM
:dunno:

Networks aren't messing around. They're canceling shit left and right.

In some respects, I hope it comes back to bite them on the ass.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2015, 08:14 PM
The majors are scrambling, to much good stuff online and on cable. Mostly better then regular TV but I was fully back into this show. I love the new bad guy, so great

DemonGeminiX
05-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Michael Ealy? Pretty good actor but he can't seem to catch a break. He was in a starring role on Almost Human, which was pretty good for a scifi/procedural cop mashup, and that only got 1 season.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Yeah him, I didn't watch the other show. It looked bad from the ads. But I'm on board with him in something and this role is great. To bad they shut it down

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Fox canceled the show.

http://i.imgur.com/mHMjDWC.jpg

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX :x

The majors are scrambling, to much good stuff online and on cable. Mostly better then regular TV but I was fully back into this show. I love the new bad guy, so great

I agree, he was awesome as the new bad guy, can't believe they canceled the show :|

DemonGeminiX
05-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Like Constantine, the producers are shopping this around to see if anybody else wants to pick it up.

Hal-9000
05-11-2015, 04:29 PM
I feel the same way as PCS..was ready to drop this, it got interesting again and BOOM...canceled.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Mike :rip:

Dammit, those were quality episodes, why the fuck did they cancel this series now? It's back to being really good and tense again :x

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 05:03 PM
and what was Mike's line when he was tied up?

Mark over there is looking at me like I killed his Mom or something..*thrusts out chin*

:rofl:

I like Mike

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2015, 05:05 PM
That was awesome :lol:

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 05:11 PM
I wonder if they knew the series was cancelled when filming? There's lots of snow in the episodes so maybe they filmed them all early this year and then got the notice later.

Knowing about cancellation should change everything, it's too bad that they don't get the word to some shows and allow them to wrap the season on their terms.

For example if they knew, I bet Theo would be killing Max next week without question because of Hardy killing his sister.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Yeah, it sucks when they cancel something on short notice and don't let the writers wrap things up and leave everyone hanging. It looks like there are only two episodes left and they are playing them back-to-back on Monday, just like they did with the 2 episodes last night.

I didn't think I would be happy with Joe still being a part of the show after his execution, but I do kinda like the fact that he's in Ryan's head and acting like his evil subconscious.

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Yeah subconscious Joe could become a joke...or a great thing depending on how they handled it.

I miss the first season. It was creepy (that scene in the Denny's or whatever with the random daytime speargun shot to the chest..) because the followers could be anyone, Joe had it pre organized while in prison and the killings seemed creepy and unstoppable.

Even in the recent episode they had yet another scene of an FBI agent running around a huge building (Mike after getting untied) and not getting a bad guy. I think we've seen that setpiece three times now in various seasons.

It's like the killers on that show can get anywhere..and when Mark crept up on two trained FBI agents again...in the FBI parkade?? Only Theo should be able to move around like that because of his intelligence and resources.

That's where the show lost me....when the bad guys keep outsmarting and outshooting the good guys no matter what the situation.

Hal-9000
05-19-2015, 04:39 PM
saw the last two episodes, end of season

silly, just silly