PDA

View Full Version : Three lice-covered children removed from feces-strewn trailer home after mother told cops she buried her dead baby in the yard

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2013, 01:27 PM
By Rachel Quigley - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/1Ov3PWd.jpg

A mother has been charged with three counts of child neglect after police found her three lice-covered children living in a feces-strewn trailer home with no running water and broken windows.

Stacy Leigh Belt, 32, of Watts, Delaware County, may be charged with more after she told authorities she had a miscarriage and buried the fetus in the backyard. Police have not been able to find the remains.

The three girls, aged ten, eight and six, have been taken into protective custody.

They were reported by Mosley school officials as having a 'severe case of head lice', according to an arrest affidavit. Belt said she was treating the lice with baby oil, the affidavit states.

According to NewsOK, the mobile home had no running water for the last two months, was covered in animal feces and urine, the windows were broken and a filthy mattress was on the floor.

Open and spoiled food was on the counter, on the cabinets and in the refrigerator.

A portion of the mobile home had been torn down and was blocked off with a piece of plastic, the affidavit states.

Responding officers said it was one of the worst cases they have seen.

Police are having difficulty in the investigation of Belt's alleged baby as she continues to tell them conflicting stories.

She first said the child was born in February in a hospital in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, but taken into protective custody because she failed to have prenatal care.

But there was no record of the 32-year-old even having a baby at the hospital. When confronted, she changed her story and said she had a miscarriage in August, wrapped the 14-week-old in a T-shirt and buried it in the yard along with the family pets.

A search of the yard did not turn up any fetal remains, authorities said.

Belt often references being a mother on her Facebook page. In an August entry, she stated: 'I HAVE FAILED IN EVERY WAY, AS A MOTHER, A PARTNER, AN EMPLOYEE, A FRIEND. I CAUSE PAIN TO EVERYONE AROUND ME.'

She is believed to have approached a Facebook group based in the area asking for baby clothes for her unborn child.

'My lil guy is 7 days overdue,' Belt wrote in a February 2 post in the group.

Members of a closed Facebook group based in Siloam Springs said Belt recently approached the group looking for baby gear for her soon-to-be son.

deebakes
03-17-2013, 01:35 AM
:homer:

Muddy
03-17-2013, 02:17 AM
What a lovely family.