PDA

View Full Version : Totally disgusted....

Godfather
04-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty disgusted right now...

I was just in safeway getting a sandwich from the deli (they make them fresh, really great usually). The girls working in the deli looked haggard. Messy hair, looked drunk still.

They started talking about what they did last night. There were some great ones :wha:

"Did you make it home?" "No you idiot, what am I retarded? I didn't cab back to East Van I can't afford that"
"Man I was so drunk, I puked." "...yeah ___ was a mess too." "Oh my god I haven't changed since yesterday." "I don't even remember ___" :meh:

It went on like that.... swearing and talking about how generally vile and disgusting creatures they were. Needless to say their customer service was crap. I stood and waited, they fucked up the order and barely said two words to me because they were so absorbed in talking about STD's or whatever bullshit.

It was their frequent use of the word 'retarded' that managed to offend me most. My family shops at Safeway several times a week. I'm sure we spend 5-8,000$ there a year in groceries as a family. This wasn't our usual Safeway location, but I expect some similarity in the usually great service/friendliness.

I actually complained to an assistant manager, the first time I've ever really complained about service in my entire life. It made me feel old and grumpy :lol:

But to be honest.. if they were my employees and I heard them talk like that I would fire them on the spot. And I didn't feel like my complaint was listened to at all.

I actually kind of lost my appetite for the sandwich they made me. Should I be calling in, going on their corporate website and getting a complain number/email or forget it :-k

Pretty dirt I hafta say.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Email their corporate headquarters. Curse 'em out. Hell, I'd do it.

;)

Hal-9000
04-22-2011, 07:32 PM
I was in a Walmart one Christmas...the two Walmart girls were chatting loudly about 'how they hated when customers interrupted them, asking for help'

They had no shame about how vocal they were and the rudeness of their conversation floored me.So of course I walked right up and used my LOUD voice -
Sorry to INTERRUPT YOU...I really hate to bother you with work, WHEN YOU'RE AT WORK...and I made a big deal about getting directions to the electronics section

:lol: first time I ever used my now favorite line and their faces were red

Godfather
04-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Is an angry email really gunna do shit though?!?

I mean.. I'm a shareholder in this company too. I actually want something to get done here. I'm not easily offended whatsoever but that was rediculous

Godfather
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I was in a Walmart one Christmas...the two Walmart girls were chatting loudly about 'how they hated when customers interrupted them, asking for help'

They had no shame about how vocal they were and the rudeness of their conversation floored me.So of course I walked right up and used my LOUD voice -
Sorry to INTERRUPT YOU...I really hate to bother you with work, WHEN YOU'RE AT WORK...and I made a big deal about getting directions to the electronics section

:lol: first time I ever used my now favorite line and their faces were red

:lol: That's funny.

I've worked retail too... I know it can suck sometimes. And you laugh about customers in the back room like everyone. But if you can't be professional around customers in your first job slicing ham in a deli, you're kinda fucked...

Hal-9000
04-22-2011, 07:41 PM

I mean.. I'm a shareholder in this company too. I actually want something to get done here. I'm not easily offended whatsoever but that was rediculous

If you don't feel comfortable with finding and talking to their manager in person, they always have customer feedback sections online.At least with a note, you get it out of your system.

Hal-9000
04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
You hit on one of my peeves GF...recently Lady Gaga was cited for using the R word (retard).I have a personal reason why I hate people using it, so I tend to endure it without saying much (and it's tough on the net because lots of people use the reference)

I don't care if you personally think a word is ok to use or not... but when you're in a highly visible customer service industry, the least you can do is try to be sensitive about certain words.

Hal-9000
04-22-2011, 07:45 PM
sooo GF.....was the one who barfed hot?

:lol:

Godfather
04-22-2011, 07:55 PM
You hit on one of my peeves GF...recently Lady Gaga was cited for using the R word (retard).I have a personal reason why I hate people using it, so I tend to endure it without saying much (and it's tough on the net because lots of people use the reference)

I don't care if you personally think a word is ok to use or not... but when you're in a highly visible customer service industry, the least you can do is try to be sensitive about certain words.

Yeah I don't use it... never thought it offended me but I get why it would. Turns out used in such a crude context it offends me too :lol:

And no, the one who barfed reminded me of the scary old mean girl from Waiting (Alanna Ubach) :wha:

Hal-9000
04-22-2011, 08:00 PM
People sneezing or coughing around my food usually earns them a - so sorry, I don't want that now - remark from me.

Some get pissed as I leave the line up after they've made my sub, coffee, whatever....and it always floors me that even if you mention it quietly, they get really offended
or act like they never sneezed a barrage of snot satellites all over my ham n cheese in the first place.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM

It always worked for me, at least that's what I believe. Opinions vary in that regard, but there's really no way to measure the success rate. But it's made me feel a whole lot better.

You know, since you're a shareholder, your words might carry a little more weight with them. They might pay a little more attention to you.

Joebob034
04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
did you get their numbers?

Muddy
04-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I went into a "great wraps" sub shop and the ghetto employees were listening to vulgar garbage rap... I got offended so i emailed the corporate office.. I got a personal phone call from someone up the corporate ladder, a $50 gift certificate to any of their locations, and the next time I went in that store... NO RAP.... :mrgreen:

Godfather
04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I went into a "great wraps" sub shop and the ghetto employees were listening to vulgar garbage rap... I got offended so i emailed the corporate office.. I got a personal phone call from someone up the corporate ladder, a $50 gift certificate to any of their locations, and the next time I went in that store... NO RAP.... :mrgreen:

Nice :thumbsup:

I sent off an email yesterday stating what happened and how disgusted I am as a frequent customer and shareholder. Looking forward to the response next week.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Nice :thumbsup:

I sent off an email yesterday stating what happened and how disgusted I am as a frequent customer and shareholder. Looking forward to the response next week.

http://i.imgur.com/ndnTb.jpg

Hal-9000
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
another little retail pet peeve I've noticed lately...you hold out your hand for your change or debit receipt and the guy puts it down on the counter..away from your open hand.

Now I always say - YOU MISSED!...and walk away in a huff

Tank
04-28-2011, 01:18 PM

yes it will !!!

after recently getting ripped off by a local car garage, i ranted and raved to the mrs, she took note of everything i said and fired off an email to the head office of the company. i told her it wouldnt make any difference, they probably wont even read it.

3 days or so later she gets a phone call, its from some manager in the company, and he's offered to refund 75% of what i was over charged. the next day the cheque lands through the letterbox!!

and yeah you guessed it the mrs was sat there all smug and the 'i told you so' look writen all over her face. :meh:

another little retail pet peeve I've noticed lately...you hold out your hand for your change or debit receipt and the guy puts it down on the counter..away from your open hand.

i hate that too!

one of my least favourite things when i have to work on the reception desk here at the gym is when people walk in with their membership card in their mouth and hand it to me with the end that was just in their mouth!!! :shock:

i tell them to scan the card, and get the look of disgust from many . . . . yeah well dipshit, how do i know you wernt just give some dirty tramp a bj before you came in!?!?!

Muddy
04-28-2011, 01:24 PM

Yeah that irritates me as well.. I always look them in the eye and say in a moderately stern voice.. "Thaaaanks"..

Noilly Pratt
04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I would have done the same, GF. Fine, talking to each other I might let it pass, but they have a job where their laziness and uncleanliness could spell disaster.

I was at a party with a bunch of Kindergarten parents and I complained about our local Safeway having their coolers for their milk too warm...the milk consistently went bad before. Others at the party agreed with me.

Little did I know that one of the dads I was talking to...his dad is the Safeway CEO! They take complaints like that really seriously and asked me to submit it in writing. We did, and the manager was told and I see now all the fridges were replaced.

They will respond, 'cause they have a waiting list of people wanting to work there because of their benefit plan.

Arkady Renko
04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
ALDI will put all of them out of business eventually.