PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit Accuses Restauranteur Of Shocking Racism, Branding Employees ‘Whores’ And ‘Dirty Mexicans’

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM
By the Radar Online Staff

http://i.imgur.com/mIUvQId.png

The longtime owner of a New York restaurant has been accused of shocking racism in a new lawsuit, including labeling her employees as “whores” and “dirty Mexicans,” RadarOnline.com is reporting.

Maria Armendariz is also accused of not paying workers overtime at her eatery, Lorenzo & Maria’s Kitchen, on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.

The lawsuit was filed March 8 by ex-employees Inelia Gabriela Ortega and Enriqueta Luna, who claim they worked at the establishment for 12 years on shifts that were approximately 14 hours per day with only one day off a week.

Luna, 48, told website DNAInfo.com, that Armendariz called her a “Mexican whore” and “prostitute” everyday.

“She told me I was an assfaced Mexican, and that I came to the U.S. to rob Americans’ money,” Luna charges.

In the court documents, Luna alleges Armendariz — “who is light-skinned and is from Uruguay” — would regularly call Luna “an old, fat woman with a ‘big ass’ that was ‘darker than a donkey.’”

Armendariz’s boyfriend Nicodemus Pedraza, is accused in the lawsuit of exposing himself to — and propositioning — Luna with no consequence from Armendariz.

“The woman told me that I was crazy, that I was a hag,” Luna tells DNAInfo.com. “I was always very respectful: I wasn’t trying to provoke my boss or her boyfriend.”

Ortega alleges similar abuse in her dealings with Armendariz and Pedraza.

“She would call me the ‘whore of the house,’” Ortega, 57, claims. “She said that I was going to rob her — that I came to America to steal.”

Ortega alleges that she was also sexually harassed by Pedraza in the form of goosing, and was chastised by Armendariz when she groused of the treatment.

“She said it was our fault, because we’re ‘loose women.’” she claims.

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Fuckin' dirty Mexicans!

:x

Noraf45
03-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Fuckin' dirty Mexicans!

They're taking our jobs! :villagers:

Although I'm surprised they put up with it for 12 years...

perrhaps
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Fuckin' dirty Mexicans!

I've hated them since they killed John Wayne at the Alamo.

Muddy
03-19-2013, 02:46 PM
It's a shitty, hole in the wall, privately owned, dump restaurant.. Quit if you don't like the abuse.

perrhaps
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Then what would we talk about?