PDA

View Full Version : Newtown gunman Adam Lanza 'had weapons arsenal'

redred
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KGwC5bz.jpg
The young man who killed 27 people in a massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, owned an arsenal of weapons and ammunition, court papers show.

Hundreds of rounds of ammunition and certificates from the National Rifle Association were among the items found in a search of Adam Lanza's home.

Details of the searches were publicised after a court seal lapsed on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old first shot his mother, before killing 26 people at Sandy Hook elementary school in December.

The mass shooting - which ended when Lanza shot himself - shocked the United States and revived debate over how to curb gun violence.

Bayonet and swords
In a statement accompanying the release of the search warrants, state prosecutor Stephen Sedensky said the gunman had managed to shoot all his victims and kill himself within five minutes of making his way into the school.

The 20 children and six staff members were all killed with a Bushmaster .223-calibre rifle, and the gun Lanza turned on himself was a Glock 10mm handgun, Mr Sedensky said.

The gunman had another loaded handgun with him in the school and three 30-round magazines for the rifle.

One more weapon, a 12-gauge shotgun with 70 rounds, was also found in the car Lanza drove to the school.

Meanwhile, in the gunman's home a bayonet, a gun safe in Lanza's bedroom and several swords were discovered by investigators, search warrants revealed.

The documents showed the gunman's mother, Nancy Lanza, had written a cheque for her son to buy a weapon and placed it in a holiday card.

Books about autism and Asberger's syndrome, as well as a smashed computer hard drive and gaming console were among the other items they found.

Some details such as the name of a witness, telephone numbers and serial numbers were redacted from the cache of documents.

The papers were made public at the request of Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy, who expressed concern about information that had been leaked to the press.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21969906

PorkChopSandwiches
03-28-2013, 04:29 PM
I dont think I would call that an arsenal

KevinD
03-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Hmm, pretty sure I remember seeing the AR being brought out of the trunk...I smell spin...

FBD
03-28-2013, 05:04 PM
:roll: more bullshit propaganda - they might as well just went with one simple headline with lanza and NRA in huge black print.

kev, it was a black shotgun they pulled out of the trunk, but that's also where the entire idea of the AR came from anyway. people said OOOH BIG SCARY BLACK GUN, ITS A FULLY AUTO MACHINE GUN! OR SOMETHING BAD LIKE THAT!

and what's this BS of him doing all of this within 5 minutes? the cops were on scene and entering the building with weapons drawn within 5 fkn minutes???

so the kid basically had nothing beyond 2 handguns and a shotgun, all of a sudden that's a fucking arsenal....get this pile of bull fkn manure out of here...so sick of this fabricated ass story.

KevinD
03-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Hmm, I do remember a long arm pulled from the trunk. I had thought that it was an AR, My mistake it seems. There's still way too much that is absolutely fishy about this whole incident. The vids of the so called parent are unreal.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Aside from that its just out right lies, embellishment and sensationalism to push the gun law agenda. Its sad.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HRjVU9K.jpg

FBD
03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
it all started when vance mentioned "a long gun" coming from the trunk but wouldnt specify what it was, then the next 20 questions from reporters were "was it an ar-15?" that's where the AR came from, and since no evidence will ever be made available to anyone on this, they get away with fabricating a weapon to use as an advancement of the gun confiscation program. you know the state police were all over this, you see the video and somehow the staties usurped the chain of reporting here and came in and took over the situation - there was just a single local cop at the entrance to the place, everyone else was stateys. so yes, you fucking coward ass fuck bastard ct state cops that are monitoring this, yes, its known that you fucks helped propagate a sham on the american people, so fuck you you statist fucks!

yeah, its bullshit, yeah, our government does a lot of fucked up things, but ya know what, was lanza's hard drive really destroyed, or was there really information on there that the authorities not want us to see? same reason they killed bin laden and didnt capture him to make him talk, they didnt want to hear him say that the CIA funded all this terror shit from the getgo, for the most part.

If I owned an ammunition plant, I would explicitly NOT sell to the government.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-28-2013, 05:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HRjVU9K.jpg

The ones on the MONEY! :lol:

FBD
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
and what's this BS of him doing all of this within 5 minutes? the cops were on scene and entering the building with weapons drawn within 5 fkn minutes???

in other words, if the state police arrived there THAT FUCKING QUICKLY,

they knew about it ahead of time.

Lambchop
03-28-2013, 10:01 PM
You gotta be really fucked to kill kids like that.

Hal-9000
03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
does it really matter how many or what type of guns this guy had or how long it took? Honestly....

he had more guns in his car/on his person than I've seen in one place and killed 27 people, that's enough

Griffin
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
he had more guns in his car/on his person than I've seen in one place and killed 27 people, that's enough

I have a lot more guns and ammo than that and have no desire to kill anyone, so it proves nothing.

FBD
03-29-2013, 03:53 PM
does it really matter how many or what type of guns this guy had or how long it took? Honestly....

you havent seen too many guns, have you :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2013, 03:55 PM
My "arsenal" tops 10 firearms...won't say exactly how many though ;)

Noraf45
03-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Books about autism and Asberger's syndrome, as well as a smashed computer hard drive and gaming console were among the other items they found.

Aw shit, here it comes.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
My "arsenal" tops 10 firearms...won't say exactly how many though ;)

I was telling my wife how this was an "arsenal". She laughed.