PDA

View Full Version : Mother Reads Teen Daughter’s Heartbreaking Suicide Note At Bullying Hearing – I Didn’t Want To Die, Just Wanted To Be Saved Pain

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Radar Online Staff

http://i.imgur.com/9Q4hIg2.png

A West Lafayette, Ind. mother — whose 14-year-old daughter hanged herself less than a month ago after being tormented by bullies — swayed senators with testimony this week, citing passages from her daughter’s suicide note.

Danielle Green read her daughter’s heartbreaking final letter to the Senate Education Committee, convening in Indianapolis, Ind., prior to the group passing a bill mandating school districts study, train, track and report bullying incidents on a more stringent basis.

In the note, Danielle’s late daughter Angel wrote, “To all the bullies that have called me names, [you] are the reason why I am feeling the way I am now. I didn’t want to die. I just wanted to be saved from the pain.”

The late teen penned a separate note to her mother, writing, “I’m really sorry that I did this … don’t you EVER think it was your fault. Because it’s not. I love you so much and I couldn’t ask for a better mom … but my heart can’t take this pain. It’s bullying that killed me. Please get justice.”

Danielle said bullies called her daughter “whore, slut and countless names, and told her she was worthless,” constantly making fun of her red hair and freckles. The abuse eventually led Angel to hang herself Mar. 5, on a tree that could be seen where the school bus passed by daily.

“She did this before the bus was going to be there,” Danielle explained, “so her bullies would see her.”

Danielle said she testified in hopes that the official mandate be passed so “the schools … have more training,” and “the kids and everybody to have support and resources for how to handle it.”

Following the bill’s passing, Danielle said, “My daughter’s story is now heard — it gives my Angel wings.”

The bill will now be discussed and and voted on by the entire senate.

If you, or anyone you know, is struggling with thoughts of suicide, please immediately seek help — you can speak with a skilled, trained counselor at a national Suicide Prevention Lifeline crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7 — call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Noraf45
04-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Danielle said bullies called her daughter “whore, slut and countless names, and told her she was worthless,” constantly making fun of her red hair and freckles. The abuse eventually led Angel to hang herself Mar. 5, on a tree that could be seen where the school bus passed by daily.

“She did this before the bus was going to be there,” Danielle explained, “so her bullies would see her.”

Damn it all, you let them win. :sad2:

Hal-9000
04-05-2013, 10:23 PM
unfortunately....at that age the only thing the bullies understand is getting a taste of it thrown back at them until they cry....

but that's not a reasonable method to control the problem

Loser
04-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Maybe it's different times, but when I went to school, if someone called you a name, you rocked them in the fking face piece and shut em up. :shrug:

Hal-9000
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I was bigger than other kids when I was growing up and people used my last name in all sorts of slams, as it was lyrical and easy to make fun of...
I didn't care much and used my size to intimidate them when they crossed the line :oops:

..remember quite distinctly some kid teasing me because I didn't wear the right runners or have the most expensive/cool type of jean jacket,
and I just said - fuck you, buy me some new clothes if you don't like them you fag...(I was a diplomat :thumbsup:)

it's just too bad that we can't somehow tell all of these children that they won't ever see 95% of the people from their school days ever again after school finishes...so their shitty opinions and loud mouths are just that, nothing more