PDA

View Full Version : Avril Lavigne: My Wedding to Chad Kroeger Is Going to Be 'Quite Spectacular'

Teh One Who Knocks
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
By Kathy Ehrich Dowd - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/2DHNEeK.jpg

Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger opened up to Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday about their engagement and upcoming nuptials – where the singer revealed the groom is in the dark about some of the wedding details.

"It's going to be quite spectacular, and there's a theme to it," Lavigne said during an interview on KIIS-FM's On-Air with Ryan Seacrest Tuesday. "We're going pretty big, but Chad doesn't even know everything."

Lavigne demurred when Seacrest pushed for details on the date, but she did reveal that the roots of their love affair, which began in the studio while Kroeger worked with Lavigne on songs from her forthcoming album, will play a role in the nuptials.

"I'm going to take the lyrics from the sheet music from one of our songs and wrap it around the wedding cake," she told Ryan, while Kroeger gave a look of genuine surprise.

As for the details of their engagement, Lavigne explained: "I had been making this scrapbook of my time in the studio. I walk over and he had taken a photo of himself holding the ring box and put the Polaroid in my scrapbook. Because I had stickers everywhere he put in 'Will you marry me?' It was really romantic and kind of made sense."

Kroeger, who presented her with a 14-carat diamond ring, admitted the proposal made him more jittery than a big performance.

"You can travel the world and sing songs to thousands of people and not have your heartbeat raised at all," he told Seacrest. "You get down on one knee and commit yourself to a woman for the rest of your life. I was very nervous!"

That makes sense, considering his focus these days seems to be on his bride-to-be. "I try not to take too much interest in the world's opinion of our relationship," Kroeger told PEOPLE last fall. "I just know the both of us are very happy."

Hal-9000
04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
7 months....max

Teh One Who Knocks
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
:canada:

Hal-9000
04-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I can take way more more Nickelback than Lavigne...together tho? That would be an endurance test

Hugh_Janus
04-09-2013, 09:42 PM
I can take way more more Nickelback than Lavigne...

:giggle:

Hal-9000
04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
:giggle:

:slap: not up the pooper!

Noilly Pratt
04-13-2013, 11:37 PM
My niece is a big Avril fan...and even she's not giving them much odds. She told me that she knows 3 of the titles of the new songs coming from the album that they collaborated on. Which one will she put the lyrics to on the cake I wonder? (I kid you not on the titles)...

Bad Girl
Here's to Never Growing Up
Hello Kitty

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that wedding! :)

She's probably spouting nonsense to the press just to throw them off. I did that with my in-laws. When they asked (me!) what sort of wedding we'd have, I told them that my wife was wearing a traditional leather white mini-dress, with high heel boots (just like Pam Anderson) and that I was going to have one of those T-Shirts with the bow tie and collar on as a pattern. :)