PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Rep's plan to donate tax money to fight federal government catches on

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2013, 01:33 PM
By Rick Couri - KRMG News

http://i.imgur.com/3yr4rSP.jpg

Joe Dorman (D) Rush Springs, proposed a check off form on tax forms that would allow Oklahoman’s to donate a portion of their state tax refund to fighting the federal government and constitutional challenges.

The idea has found legs.

Dorman’s proposition blazed through the House last month with an 80-15 vote. Now the Republican Senate sponsor said he will take the bill to the Senate for a vote as early as this week.

Even Dorman was surprised by how quickly his off the cuff remark gained popularity.

“It’s getting more momentum than I expected, I honestly did not expect the bill to even get a hearing, and here it is flying right through.”

Dorman said his intention was to make everyone aware of how much money was being wasted to fight the suits.

If approved the legislation would create a special fund that the attorney general Scott Pruitt could use for “defending the statutes of this state from constitutional challenges or challenging federal statutes.”

Oklahoma already has more than 20 different funds taxpayers can donate to.

Among those are abused children, wildlife diversity, food banks, and breast cancer.