PDA

View Full Version : Jobless mother-of-10 vows to keep having more babies despite cuts to her £30,000-a-year benefits

Teh One Who Knocks
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
By Nazia Parveen - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/i16cgY2.jpg

A jobless mother of ten has vowed to have another baby and boost her income after some of her benefits were cut.

Iona Heaton, 44, who rakes in tens of thousands of pounds a year in state handouts, is hoping to add to her burgeoning family with a baby girl and says she will demand fertility treatment on the NHS if she has any problems conceiving.

Miss Heaton, who had her eldest child when she was aged 19 and has never worked, made the decision after the family’s benefit bill of £30,000 was reduced.

http://i.imgur.com/IDe4UBg.jpg

She said: ‘I just love being pregnant – being a mum is what I am good at and I don’t care what anybody thinks. I will have as many children as I want.

‘The benefits help us to take care of our children and it doesn’t matter if the Government decides to cut ours, I am still going to try to have another.’

Miss Heaton and boyfriend Paul Brown, 46, already have seven children – Caolan, seven months, Kaiden, 19 months, Zak, three, Keegan, four, Kian, five, Elle, seven, and Kain, eight.

Miss Heaton’s eldest three – Sean, 25, Jade, 18, herself a new mother, and Shannon, 17, who is pregnant – are from a previous relationship.

Miss Heaton said: ‘I don’t feel I’m being irresponsible because this is what I do for a living – I’m a professional mum.

‘I’m sure I won’t have any problems getting pregnant again but if I need some help then yes I’ll just ask for [fertility] treatment.’

http://i.imgur.com/y55OkXJ.png

Last year, while pregnant with her tenth child, Miss Heaton demanded a bigger council house in the countryside after complaining that her terraced house was damp and cold.

The couple now live in a spacious three bedroom semi-detached home with large gardens worth more than £180,000 in a leafy part of Blackburn, Lancashire.

http://i.imgur.com/RFhXzN6.jpg

The house has a wide flat-screen TV, computers, Nintendo Wii, digital camera and iPhone and the family take a two-week holiday to Pontins in Southport each year. They receive £279 disability allowance each month because their daughter Elle has epilepsy, £400 a month in child benefits and a further £1,200 a month from child tax credits, plus other benefits.

Their annual handouts were cut to just over £21,600 when Mr Brown, 46, took on extra work as a metal polisher. But since having another child he has reduced his hours resulting in the family’s handouts returning to about £25,000, Miss Heaton said.

This means they are unlikely to be affected by the Government’s upcoming £500-a-week benefits cap.

Miss Heaton says her partner’s £1,000-a-month income is not enough despite lavishing her children with expensive gifts at Christmas and taking the whole family on a two-week holiday every year.

She added: ‘We just wouldn’t be able to survive on his wage alone. I help to pay the rent and bills with the benefits and it costs a lot to feed and clothe so many children.

‘We need the money to pay for things – there’s nothing wrong with that.’ The couple, who own a 12-seater Land Rover, spend upwards of £1,000 every Christmas.

Last year, some of the gifts they bought their children included a pool table, bicycles, remote- controlled cars and large dolls’ houses. Miss Heaton said: ‘I’m going to get a bigger pool table for them this year. I like treating them at Christmas.

‘We love our children. They’re not starving or under-clothed. People will probably have their opinions, but each to their own.’

Miss Heaton, herself one of eight children, has a younger jobless sister, Sinead, who has nine offspring.

The family moved into their current privately rented property with large gardens three months ago and Miss Heaton said that she helps to pay the £700 per month rent with her benefits.

The boys now share two spacious double bedrooms with the new baby in a cot in the room Miss Heaton shares with Mr Brown.

She said: ‘If I could I would move into the countryside but for the moment this house is nice and the children love playing out in the big gardens.’

Matthew Sinclair, chief executive of the TaxPayers’ Alliance said: ‘It’s time to end a culture where some can simply ignore the cost of having a child where others are forced to scrimp, save and cut back to afford to start a family.

‘Welfare should not be an alternative to work yet clearly it is for Iona Heaton. The system should help someone find employment, not subsidise them to avoid it.’

perrhaps
04-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Brood sow.

redred
04-11-2013, 12:44 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-11-2013, 12:45 PM
:britain:

redred
04-11-2013, 01:22 PM
:facepalm: