PDA

View Full Version : Geri Halliwell Calls Herself "Weak" for Deleting Margaret Thatcher Tweet

Teh One Who Knocks
04-12-2013, 04:36 PM
By Peter Gicas - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/CMoTt5I.jpg

Geri Halliwell is not happy with herself.

The former Spice Girls singer is feeling a bit of regret over her decision to delete a tweet earlier this week in which she praised the late Margaret Thatcher.

After the former U.K. prime minister passed away on Monday, Halliwell tweeted: Thinking of our 1st Lady of girl power, Margaret Thatcher, a green grocer's daughter who taught me any thing is possible...x."

The singer subsequently took it down after it generated some negative feedback from folks who evidently didn't share the same opinion.

Now Halliwell has posted a note on her website stating that she "was so afraid of upsetting people" and felt "confused and overwhelmed" by the criticism.

"When I'm scared, my natural state is to hide and run for cover," she wrote. "I questioned myself? Did I really mean what I said? Can I stand tall? Do I even know what I was talking about?"

She added, "What I hated the most was that I took a tweet down. I had wavered and was full of self-doubt."

Halliwell concluded by saying, "Now I realise that I do admire a woman, whether she is right or wrong, regardless of her opinions. She had the courage to stand by her convictions. Not like me. I look at my behavior, which exposed how weak I was under fire, not like Margaret Thatcher. Rest in peace."

deebakes
04-12-2013, 04:54 PM
:facepalm:

Goofy
04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Girl power :tup:

Softdreamer
04-13-2013, 05:19 AM
Girl power (if its alright with you that is)

Hal-9000
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
despite her political decisions, Thatcher got a job in a forum usually reserved for men...not an easy task to accomplish 30 years ago or even now...

Softdreamer
04-14-2013, 09:35 PM
She got that job by acting like a man.
You would have thought that when she got there she would open the door to other women, in fact she pulled up the ladder behind her and never even appointed a woman to her cabinet.
Her first 6 months of power were incredible, she did wonders. but the following 10 years were hell for 80% of the country.

redred
04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
she got the job done 3 times in a row

Leefro
04-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Don't know why she deleted it anyway

She can't vote in any elections so she can fuck off

redred
04-15-2013, 07:15 AM
why? she has a london home and lives partly in this country so she has a vote