PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Child of Pennsylvania Couple Dies After Only Praying

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/uIqTRd2.jpg

A Philadelphia couple — serving 10 years' probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor — has violated their probation now that another of their children has died.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith-healing

Philadelphia Judge Benjamin Lerner said at a hearing they violated the most important condition of their probation: to seek medical care for their remaining children.

Authorities have yet to file criminal charges in the death of the 8-month-old boy last week, after he suffered with diarrhea and breathing problems for days. But charges could be filed once authorities pinpoint how the baby died.

The couple is on probation after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter in 2011 in the death of their 2-year-old son, Kent, from pneumonia.

Muddy
04-23-2013, 12:55 PM
*sigh*

FBD
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
sorry idjits, faith based healing needs to have merit and amplitude behind it otherwise its damn near useless if you're trying to use it as a healing tool.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 01:03 PM
I hope these morons are eligible to be tried for capital murder

Muddy
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I hope these morons are eligible to be tried for capital murder

I have to agree.. The real shame though is that people are so indoctrinated into their faiths that they can't see the sun despite their hand. If that makes sense.?

minz
04-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Why were they allowed to be in charge of a child after what happened to the first one?