PDA

View Full Version : Think armed police cant order you out of your home so that it can be searched? Think again.

FBD
04-23-2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.infowars.com/shocking-footage-americans-ordered-out-of-homes-at-gunpoint-by-swat-teams/

http://static.infowars.com/2013/04/i/general/bostonmil5.jpg

Note from Alex Jones: Even though we have seen countless instances of lone gunmen on the street, we have never seen an entire city locked down as we witnessed last week in Boston and its suburbs. The very definition of martial law is when due process is suspended and Americans are under military rule.

Infowars.com has reviewed hundreds of photos, many sent to us by our listeners, of militarized police pointing guns at them and treating citizens like terrorist criminals.

Below are samples of these images. We also saw a clip on CNN during the prison lock down in Boston showing a woman in a park playing with her children and a police helicopter told her to get out of the park.

Related: When history repeats itself, does anybody notice? This is what martial law in the US looks like: Papers, Please.

Shocking footage has emerged from Friday’s lockdown in Boston, where police, federal agents, national guard troops and SWAT teams enforced door to door searches of everyone’s home within twenty blocks as the entire city was placed under orders to stay off the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2LrbsUVSVl8

4th amendment violations, anyone?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Alex Jones and Infowars....enough said :roll:

Loser
04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, when you live in big cities like that, you get what you ask for. A false sense of security.

If cops tried to force door to door searches where I lived, the bag pipers would be making money hand over fist :lol:

Acid Trip
04-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Well, when you live in big cities like that, you get what you ask for. A false sense of security.

If cops tried to force door to door searches where I lived, the bag pipers would be making money hand over fist :lol:

Yup. Force yourself onto the farmland of any of my friends and you'd be dead before you made it to the door.

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

FBD
04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Alex Jones and Infowars....enough said :roll:

yeah, that video must be fake or something, they dont put out anything truthful, unlike the government, from whom every single piece of data is 100% honest and truthful ;)

are you saying the government's "story" adds up?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
yeah, that video must be fake or something, they dont put out anything truthful, unlike the government, from whom every single piece of data is 100% honest and truthful ;)

are you saying the government's "story" adds up?

For someone who claims that the media makes up 99% of everything, you sure fall hook, line, and sinker for anything the tinfoil hat brigade posts. I have no idea how you make it thru the day hiding from the black helicopters 24/7 ;)

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 07:36 PM
so clarify for me...

a city is put on city-wide lockdown because terrorists just killed a handful of people and are still at large...running through the city.

And you start crying infringement of your rights because they told a woman to get out of a park and conducted a door to door search of the area where the terrorists were last seen fleeing to?

If you have nothing to hide, why not let them do their thing, clear your house and move on? I would sleep better knowing that a guy with bombs and a gun is NOT sleeping under a boat tarp in the backyard.

Lambchop
04-23-2013, 07:37 PM
We should just kill every official and start fresh

Richard Cranium
04-23-2013, 07:40 PM
swat/police did the same thing here Christmas Eve, not much choice really..

PorkChopSandwiches
04-23-2013, 07:49 PM
For someone who claims that the media makes up 99% of everything, you sure fall hook, line, and sinker for anything the tinfoil hat brigade posts. I have no idea how you make it thru the day hiding from the black helicopters 24/7 ;)

So this didnt happen then?

Acid Trip
04-23-2013, 07:55 PM
so clarify for me...

a city is put on city-wide lockdown because terrorists just killed a handful of people and are still at large...running through the city.

And you start crying infringement of your rights because they told a woman to get out of a park and conducted a door to door search of the area where the terrorists were last seen fleeing to?

If you have nothing to hide, why not let them do their thing, clear your house and move on? I would sleep better knowing that a guy with bombs and a gun is NOT sleeping under a boat tarp in the backyard.

There are only two types of Americans when it comes to the Constitution.

Type 1 adheres to the Constitution word for word. Type 1 knows the Constitution is the ONLY thing that keeps government from intruding in our lives and keeps the citizenry free. Type 1 is not afraid to change the Constitution but it must be done the Constitutionally required way.

Type 2 thinks the Constitution is old and needs be "updated for the times". Type 2 cannot get the Constitution changed the constitutional way so they seek to subvert it by other means (trying to pass unconstitutional laws, not enforcing current laws, using executive orders, etc). Most of the requests to change the Constitution (in an expedited manner, not the constitutional way) are done under the guise of "public safety".

As a Type 1 person I am disgusted at the way the Police behaved during the manhunt. You cannot trample someones rights, even temporarily, for any reason.

As a Type 1 person the Police don't need to kick me out of my house and search it. I'll grab my gun (2nd Amendment) and search it myself. The Police can wait outside or get a warrant (4th Amendment).

A Type 2 person is too chicken shit to be bothered with their own safety. They'll let the police trample their rights (and anyone around them) if it makes them feel safer.

FBD
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM
swat/police did the same thing here Christmas Eve, not much choice really..
I dont care wtf is going on, if the police show up at my house without a warrant and demand to be let in, they WILL be facing lawsuits, on general fackin principle.

so clarify for me...

and despite all that, they didnt find jack shit! it was a homeowner who found the kid - those aerial IR photos were long after the fact and the guy called the cops.

fact of the matter is, there is no excuse for abandoning the constitution - are we in the middle of a war zone? no? was martial law declared or something? no? then the fkn constitution is to be followed! wtf is so hard about that?

what is that about trading liberty for a quantum of security?

dont conflate these concepts here - we all know the media are a bunch of friggin lackeys that will faithfully report whatever the party line is just so they can retain access to being able to have that data feed from the party to begin with. the government handed us a fkn jacked up story here! we're finding out a bunch of these portions of their story are false or lies - wtf do you want? when parts are clearly NOT THE TRUTH...what do you do, say oh well...some of it must be true so might aw well believe the whole story? or do you question every last aspect of it, because where there's smoke there's whatever made the smoke?

how about the ricin mailer - oops, turned out he wasnt the one that mailed it! but hey, the feds had him down and nabbed and they got their man, right?

there's too many people that just want to believe the nice wrapped up neat official presentation...and that's why this country will not be won by liberty, it will be won by the statists. I used to have faith in people...a little bit, but it was still on the positive side. in the last 5, 8, 13 years...? oh, hahahaha. you poor bastards that inhabit the earth, rise up against the status quo and get shot, take your chains and enjoy them, I know what the vast majority will pick.

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 08:13 PM
There are only two types of Americans when it comes to the Constitution.

Type 1 adheres to the Constitution word for word. Type 1 knows the Constitution is the ONLY thing that keeps government from intruding in our lives and keeps the citizenry free. Type 1 is not afraid to change the Constitution but it must be done the Constitutionally required way.

Type 2 thinks the Constitution is old and needs be "updated for the times". Type 2 cannot get the Constitution changed the constitutional way so they seek to subvert it by other means (trying to pass unconstitutional laws, not enforcing current laws, using executive orders, etc). Most of the requests to change the Constitution (in an expedited manner, not the constitutional way) are done under the guise of "public safety".

As a Type 1 person I am disgusted at the way the Police behaved during the manhunt. You cannot trample someones rights, even temporarily, for any reason.

As a Type 1 person the Police don't need to kick me out of my house and search it. I'll grab my gun (2nd Amendment) and search it myself. The Police can wait outside or get a warrant (4th Amendment).

A Type 2 person is too chicken shit to be bothered with their own safety. They'll let the police trample their rights (and anyone around them) if it makes them feel safer.

That may be fine for you, but not every American can do a clean sweep and search with weapons, without injuring someone (non threat) or themselves in the process. I could give examples, but to be brief I'll say children that are alone, the elderly and the infirm come to mind immediately.

I guess I must be a type 2 person, leave the police work to the police in that particular situation.

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 08:18 PM
I
and despite all that, they didnt find jack shit! it was a homeowner who found the kid - those aerial IR photos were long after the fact and the guy called the cops.

fact of the matter is, there is no excuse for abandoning the constitution - are we in the middle of a war zone? no? was martial law declared or something? no? then the fkn constitution is to be followed! wtf is so hard about that?

Sure there's an excuse for abandoning the constitution..the 2nd amendment for example. Wasn't it penned in the late 1700's and focused on protecting your rights from the British rule government of the time? I'm asking because I don't know...isn't the core of that amendment to protect yourself from a government you had just 'liberated' yourself from and not the current government?

I would also have to comment that the guy was found because of the response of the police, applying pressure to a finite area of Boston. If that didn't occur, are we really going to leave it up to each individual homeowner and hope for the best? I can't agree with that.

Muddy
04-23-2013, 08:21 PM

Bullshit.

Yup. Force yourself onto the farmland of any of my friends and you'd be dead before you made it to the door.

Bullshit.

I dont care wtf is going on, if the police show up at my house without a warrant and demand to be let in, they WILL be facing lawsuits,

Of all friggin people.. You made the most realistic post FBD.. Congratulations, you win a free cell phone ! :dance:

FBD
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Sure there's an excuse for abandoning the constitution..the 2nd amendment for example.

wait what? :lol:

founding letters clearly show the intent of that was to protect the citizens against the government.

in fact, this is just about the ONLY time in history where the people that "won the war for the territory" promptly made up a document limiting what they could do!!!

:lol: the guy was found because of the response of the police?? did you get dropped on your head this morning? the only reason the police found him was because someone called it in that they have a suspicious person hiding in their boat and there's some blood on the side! if that guy hadnt have said anything, what would the police have had then? jack shit!

PorkChopSandwiches
04-23-2013, 08:26 PM
That may be fine for you, but not every American can do a clean sweep and search with weapons, without injuring someone (non threat) or themselves in the process. I could give examples, but to be brief I'll say children that are alone, the elderly and the infirm come to mind immediately.

I guess I must be a type 2 person, leave the police work to the police in that particular situation.

:facepalm:

Acid Trip
04-23-2013, 08:29 PM

If a person doesn't have their own weapon, or are uncomfortable searching, then by all means allow the Police to enter and search without a warrant.

The key word is "allow".

PorkChopSandwiches
04-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

:wave:

Acid Trip
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM

founding letters clearly show the intent of that was to protect the citizens against the government.

in fact, this is just about the ONLY time in history where the people that "won the war for the territory" promptly made up a document limiting what they could do!!!

:lol: the guy was found because of the response of the police?? did you get dropped on your head this morning? the only reason the police found him was because someone called it in that they have a suspicious person hiding in their boat and there's some blood on the side! if that guy hadnt have said anything, what would the police have had then? jack shit!

Correct. He was a couple miles outside the search perimeter so their efforts were in vain before the homeowner's call.

Loser
04-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Bullshit.

You know how many cops are in my area, an area covering about 20k people?

7, and 4 of them are reservists.

I can throw a rock and hit about a half dozen "back yard" gun ranges.

I don't live in liberal yuppy town, I live in the country. And the good ole boys fight for their freedoms. They regularly hold Gun marches down the main road of town carrying enough armament to invade a small country.

You know what the crime rates are? There isn't crime.

Acid Trip
04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
You know how many cops are in my area, an area covering about 20k people?

7, and 4 of them are reservists.

I can throw a rock and hit about a half dozen "back yard" gun ranges.

I don't live in liberal yuppy town, I live in the country. And the good ole boys fight for their freedoms. They regularly hold Gun marches down the main road of town carrying enough armament to invade a small country.

You know what the crime rates are? There isn't crime.

Apparently the farmers in VA have been sissified by being that close to DC. Either that or he doesn't know any real farmers/ranchers.

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 09:27 PM

About the 2nd...that's pretty much what I said. They got out from British rule and were afraid the new government would violate their rights...correct?

and

Didn't the city-wide police search encourage people to understand that there was a problem? I've watched and read the story, I know how it played out thanks.

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 09:31 PM
:facepalm:

why the facepalm?

Are you implying that all citizens should use guns to do searches for terrorists on their own? Facepalm because I admitted I'd let the polcie search my house when terrorists just blew up 200 innocents in my downtown during a fucking marathon???

Hal-9000
04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
If a person doesn't have their own weapon, or are uncomfortable searching, then by all means allow the Police to enter and search without a warrant.

The key word is "allow".

thank you for clarifying and not insulting me

Loser
04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
You won't understand, so there's no point in beating a dead horse, but it boils down to this.

Our 4th amendment protects us from unlawful search and seizures unless in a state of martial law. Which can only LEGALLY be declared by the president. The president, and only the president, can suspend posse comitatus and enact martial law, and only then can officers, federal agents, and the military enter a house unwarranted.

It means that if the police come up to my door step without a warrant, I can tell them to go fuck themselves unless they can prove I'm doing something unlawful.

If they then ignore that, it usually ends in a fight, or multi million dollar lawsuit.

I guarantee, with almost 100% certainty that their will be dozens of lawsuits because of 4th amendment violations.

Loser
04-23-2013, 09:52 PM
And I'm not trying to insult you by saying you won't understand, I say this, because laws are different in canada.

You don't see this as a problem, because you're raised to believe the police are the good guys, where as down here in the good ole corruptible USA, we believe otherwise, because history has proven this, time and time again.

FBD
04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
I didnt mean to be insulting about the hit your head comment hal, it just came out and I laughed, so I left it :dance: yeah, the brits had just done stuff - but there is tons of historical precedent, not just the british. and part of the main idea with that is - it takes time for corruption to take hold, so that aspect of it was totally looking towards the future and gave the citizens recourse - for the future.

I know some people left their houses and willingly let the cops in - not everyone was so giving, pissing away their 4th amendment rights like a 16 year old's virginity on half a fifth of booze.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-24-2013, 06:19 PM
why the facepalm?

Are you implying that all citizens should use guns to do searches for terrorists on their own? Facepalm because I admitted I'd let the polcie search my house when terrorists just blew up 200 innocents in my downtown during a fucking marathon???

I dont give a shit if the 7-11 down the street from my house was blown up by terrorists, that doesn't give the police the right to come into my home. PERIOD. If they want to ask if they can search for someone, and I know they arent in my house. They should do what the fuck they are paid to do and walk away.

Pony
04-24-2013, 09:36 PM
I dont give a shit if the 7-11 down the street from my house was blown up by terrorists, that doesn't give the police to come into my home. PERIOD. If they want to ask if they can search for someone, and I know they arent in my house. They should do what the fuck they are paid to do and walk away.

Exactly. Pulling innocent people out of their homes at gunpoint and searching without consent is way over the line.

That said, I see no proof of "door to door searches" or even that this was shot in Watertown. It very easily could be a raid with a warrant filmed anywhere.

lost in melb.
04-25-2013, 08:11 AM

That's probably why the police have such a 'heavy hand'

DemonGeminiX
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
That's probably why the police have such a 'heavy hand'

They don't have heavy hands out in the country.

redred
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
ok i agree with some of whats been said here , but what happens if the kid was hiding in a friends house who knew what he'd done and was helping ,the police were told to go away they have no right to search , they move on a few days pass and the guy may be able to change what he looks like and escape to where ever

to an outsider these amendments seem ok on paper but if they can be twisted and used in a bad way are they becoming dated ? as they were written long before people were able to crash planes into tower blocks and kids with ADHD could go on killing rampages in schools with what ever gun he finds in his house

this isn't an attack from me on your way of life or laws by the way

Pony
04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
ok i agree with some of whats been said here , but what happens if the kid was hiding in a friends house who knew what he'd done and was helping ,the police were told to go away they have no right to search , they move on a few days pass and the guy may be able to change what he looks like and escape to where ever

to an outsider these amendments seem ok on paper but if they can be twisted and used in a bad way are they becoming dated ? as they were written long before people were able to crash planes into tower blocks and kids with ADHD could go on killing rampages in schools with what ever gun he finds in his house

this isn't an attack from me on your way of life or laws by the way

If the police know it's a friend and suspect the kid is hiding there they can get a warrant, these days it's just a quick phone call to get one. We have a right to privacy in our own homes, if we give them permission to search they are not only searching for the kid they can search for anything illegal. Pirated files on your computer? charges. No food in the fridge because today was shopping day but you're on "lockdown"? Better call child services to remove your daughter from the home because you're a bad parent. Unregistered firearm? Yep, you're going on a watch list.

Bottom line is you have privacy on one side and national security on the other, there must be a balance. The government is already using the "what if" examples you posted and fear tactics to push all our laws toward the "security" side. It's a very slippery slope as most of these new laws are very nondescript.

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 01:00 PM
After reading several of these posts I know for a fact that many of you have never been out in the country or to a small farm town.

City Slickers 3: Teh Basement Edition

Loser
04-25-2013, 06:49 PM
:lol:

Loser
04-25-2013, 06:51 PM
They've never been to a ghetto either.

Could you imagine a swat team going door to door in an area like compton, or watts?

They'd be dead in an hour :lol:

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 06:56 PM

Could you imagine a swat team going door to door in an area like compton, or watts?

Sounds like a good movie idea.

Goofy
04-25-2013, 07:19 PM

Sounds like a good movie idea.

Think i've already seen that movie :-k

Loser
04-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Last time the fire department went into cabrini green, they were throwing cinder blocks off the roofs at the firefighters.

Imagine the reception a swat team would have gotten :lol:

Goofy
04-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Last time the fire department went into cabrini green, they were throwing cinder blocks off the roofs at the firefighters.

It's at that moment i lose all faith in humanity. Personally i'd just drop a bomb on a neighbourhood like that :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 08:53 PM
If the police know it's a friend and suspect the kid is hiding there they can get a warrant, these days it's just a quick phone call to get one. We have a right to privacy in our own homes, if we give them permission to search they are not only searching for the kid they can search for anything illegal. Pirated files on your computer? charges. No food in the fridge because today was shopping day but you're on "lockdown"? Better call child services to remove your daughter from the home because you're a bad parent. Unregistered firearm? Yep, you're going on a watch list.

Bottom line is you have privacy on one side and national security on the other, there must be a balance. The government is already using the "what if" examples you posted and fear tactics to push all our laws toward the "security" side. It's a very slippery slope as most of these new laws are very nondescript.

Yeah but aren't you giving examples that 'may' happen if you're not obeying the law in the first place? You have an unregistered firearm and that's who's problem? You get nabbed for pirated files and that's a violation of your rights? :lol:

To me, you're running scenarios that have nothing to do with what was going on in Boston last week...in that instance it became necessary, yet most of you Americans/the ones that thanked you for this post, jump up and cry bloody blue murder about your rights, even when the police are looking for terrorists. I guess you need to be an outsider reading the American input here, because it seems you're complaining about privacy rights, when you're breaking the law in the first place.

KevinD
04-26-2013, 03:36 AM
My take..I have never invited any officers to search my person, home or auto and never will. I don't necessarily have anything to hide, but I respect my own right to privacy. I have told officers no when they asked to search my auto. (In a very polite fashion of course)
As for Pony's points, I do tend to agree.
Hal, in Texas, it is not illegal to possess an "unregistered" firearm. I can't speak for Boston, as I'm not familiar with the laws in Boston or Massachusetts. Pirated stuff on PC? Yes, that is illegal (as we all know) and as such, if you do have stuff like that, and you do allow a search of your property, you have no room for complaint when/if busted. As the point was made, the police can not arbitrarily search you or your property. If (note, I said "if") this was done, it is a clear violation of basic rights here in the US.
I'm in the process of purchasing my first "new" gun, and more than likely, I won't register it either. I'm having a AR style rifle built for me out of parts, it will be tested, checked for accuracy, then disassembled before I purchase it as a "kit" This is totally legal.

Loser
04-26-2013, 03:51 AM
It's at that moment i lose all faith in humanity. Personally i'd just drop a bomb on a neighbourhood like that :thumbsup:

You are one step closer to understanding my outlook on the human race ;)