PDA

View Full Version : Ben Affleck Will Live on $1.50 Per Day–And Here’s Why

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2013, 10:23 PM
By Lesley Messer - ABC News

http://i.imgur.com/DUft6fN.jpg

He’s a Hollywood actor, producer and director, but Ben Affleck will be living beneath his means in a big way.

The Oscar winner, 40, is joining Josh Groban, Debi Mazar, Sophia Bush and “The Avengers” star Tom Hiddleston and getting involved with the Live Below the Line campaign, which encourages people to live on $1.50 per day for five days, from April 29 to May 3.

“1.4 billion people live on less than $1.50/day,” Affleck tweeted. “I’m joining Live #BelowTheLine on behalf of @easterncongo. Will you?”

In 2010, Affleck founded the Eastern Congo Initiative, a U.S.-based advocacy and grant-making initiative that provides economic and social development opportunities for the people of Eastern Congo.

And while Affleck has a specific reason for participating in the Live Below the Line challenge — to call attention to Eastern Congo — the organization encourages anyone who’s interested to try it.

“We recommend that you spend your entire budget of $7.50 at the start of the week,” reads the Live Below the Line website. ”We recommend doing research and creating a shopping list, sticking to generic stables such as pasta, lentils, rice, bread, vegetables, potatoes and oats.”

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Charity begins at home. Fuck Congo. Do something that benefits your own homeland, you dipshit.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Also, I don't think "living" on $1.50/day for 5 days then going back to your multimillion dollar mansion and multimillion dollar career is anything more than an Attention Whoring stunt

Griffin
04-25-2013, 12:35 AM
that won't even buy a beer

DemonGeminiX
04-25-2013, 01:27 AM
that won't even buy a beer

I think you can get a natty light with that. Sure, it tastes like beer-flavored water, but it's still considered beer.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2013, 10:40 AM
I want to know if, in addition to only spending this $1.50/day to live on, does that mean they are going to go live in a cardboard box in an alley somewhere? Or under an overpass perhaps? Pretty stupid if they are still staying in their huge gated mansions :rolleyes:

Pony
04-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Chauffeur must get paid bi-weekly.

I could easily live on $1.50 a day for 5 days if all my bills were paid up, the gas tank was full, the fridge and liquor cabinet were stocked and I bought a carton of smokes in advance.

Throw him under a bridge with the clothes on his back and $7.50 in his pocket for 5 days and I might be impressed.

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 02:09 PM
"sticking to generic stables such as pasta, lentils, rice, bread, vegetables, potatoes and oats.”

7.50/week won't buy you a half serving of each up here...and where do homeless people cook pasta?

Muddy
04-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I want to know if, in addition to only spending this $1.50/day to live on, does that mean they are going to go live in a cardboard box in an alley somewhere? Or under an overpass perhaps? Pretty stupid if they are still staying in their huge gated mansions :rolleyes:

Or at the least throw off the main in the mansion..

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd panhandle til I had $100. Then I'd buy a QP of dirt weed and sell it in quarters to bring in $400. I'd take the $400 and buy an ounce of yay.

I'd sell that ounce for $50/gram and make $1400. Use $600 to find a cheap apartment and buy two ounces with the rest. With the $2800 I make I can buy a computer, get internet access, and trade currencies/stocks for a living (again).

Easily doable in a week. Two weeks tops.

Muddy
04-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Ok, now eliminate the illegalities and see where you are.

FBD
04-25-2013, 02:45 PM
yes, fill up your stomach on pasta and bread just to shut it up while your midsection sits there not really knowing wtf to do with it,

*deposits adipose*

grains, wheats, corn...that shit is not very good for you, it is only a staple because it slows down the digestion process and makes you feel (emptily) full.

attn whore is right. help my career, it has a sucking chest wound!

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok, now eliminate the illegalities and see where you are.

All great entrepreneurs bend/break the rules from time to time. It's what makes some people wildly successful and others not so much.

Muddy
04-25-2013, 02:54 PM
yes, fill up your stomach on pasta and bread just to shut it up while your midsection sits there not really knowing wtf to do with it,

*deposits adipose*

grains, wheats, corn...that shit is not very good for you, it is only a staple because it slows down the digestion process and makes you feel (emptily) full.

attn whore is right. help my career, it has a sucking chest wound!

What about beer?

Muddy
04-25-2013, 02:54 PM
All great entrepreneurs bend/break the rules from time to time. It's what makes some people wildly successful and others not so much.

And take a major risk with real teeth!

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 03:01 PM
And take a major risk with real teeth!

I would rather break the law and make my own money than live on someone else's money (unemployment, welfare, or food stamps). Jail was always a possibility but I was willing to accept the consequences of my actions.

FBD
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
What about beer?

at least beer has some stress relieving qualities, although they get quickly overshadowed by how easy it is to overdo it :lol: remember, alcohol is a sugar, your body basically treats it as such but has to pull resources strangely since it bypasses the duodenum to an extent and goes straight into the blood.

FBD
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
What about beer?

at least beer has some stress relieving qualities, although they get quickly overshadowed by how easy it is to overdo it :lol: remember, alcohol is a sugar, your body basically treats it as such but has to pull resources strangely since it bypasses the duodenum to an extent and goes straight into the blood.

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd panhandle til I had $100. Then I'd buy a QP of dirt weed and sell it in quarters to bring in $400. I'd take the $400 and buy an ounce of yay.

I'd sell that ounce for $50/gram and make $1400. Use $600 to find a cheap apartment and buy two ounces with the rest. With the $2800 I make I can buy a computer, get internet access, and trade currencies/stocks for a living (again).

and I'd be your crack ho (assistant crack ho, with a chance for advancement)

:thumbsup:

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
and I'd be your crack ho (assistant crack ho, with a chance for advancement)

:thumbsup:

I'd be legit in two weeks so you could take over the entire company.

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
I have all of my teeth

I'm not qualified :sad2:

*tears up resume*

Pony
04-25-2013, 04:06 PM

That's days 1-5. Days 6-2851 are a bonus courtesy of the undercover cop you sold to/bought from. :razz:

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 04:14 PM
That's days 1-5. Days 6-2851 are a bonus courtesy of the undercover cop you sold to/bought from. :razz:

That must be why I don't have a criminal record of any kind. ;)

FBD
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2001/11/b2.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2001/11/b2.jpg

:fail:

Noilly Pratt
04-25-2013, 05:37 PM
I like it better when the rich and famous just go out there and volunteer in a soup kitchen without fanfare. Or simply donate and leave it to those who are actually making it their life's mission to help distribute the $ to the underprivleged.

Bill Gates has donated as much millions as he's made and generally keeps it on the down-low, for instance.

Goofy
04-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Love it :lol:

Goofy
04-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Bill Gates has donated as much millions as he's made and generally keeps it on the down-low, for instance.

That's why Gates will live forever......... unlike some other greedy bastard :)

Hal-9000
04-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I like it better when the rich and famous just go out there and volunteer in a soup kitchen without fanfare. Or simply donate and leave it to those who are actually making it their life's mission to help distribute the $ to the underprivleged.

That's what I like to see too...

People put down Bono from U2 saying he should put up or shut up...those same people don't read about how he's donated millions to African relief funds, enabled whole villages to have clean water and food by donating tour proceedings...not single concert proceedings, tour proceedings

the one day in the soup kitchen things make me laugh with disgust

Acid Trip
04-25-2013, 07:29 PM
That's why Gates will live forever......... unlike some other greedy bastard :)

:bwaha: