PDA

View Full Version : How can people be this way?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2013, 09:55 PM
As I have mentioned before, all my pets have come from shelters/animal rescue places because there are already so many poor unwanted animals out there. It breaks my heart every time I go to the county shelter and see all the homeless animals. I wish I could take them all home with me. Well, on the website for the rescue where we got our new dog, this listing showed up the other day and it nearly brought me to tears:

Bandit - Great Dane

How Did I love thee? Let me count the ways:

I loved thee when you picked me as a puppy, under the pretense to love me, care for me, and give me a safe place to grow.

I loved thee when you shattered that dream and my skull with the hand that was supposed to provide a gentle touch.

I loved thee when you decided that my place in this world was not next to you on the soft oasis of the couch, but tied to the horse trailer outside, without shelter and hungry.

I loved thee when you would smack me across the face, raw skin exposed from a painful skin infection from Demodex Mange that you left untreated.

I loved thee when you decided to use me to sire 4 litters of puppies when I was malnourished, hip bones outwardly visible.

I loved thee most when you sold me on Craigslist to an Angel who is working on saving the 4 month old Dane Puppy still living in that miserable place you call home.

That random, concerned citizen literally saved my life. My name is Bandit and I’m ready to begin again. I’m a 2 yr old, Harlequin, Male, Great Dane, and I am a survivor. Even though I’ve been through some hard times, I’m loving my freedom from the horse trailer. I found that playing brings boundless joy, that my skin can feel good, and that I love the attention of my foster family and the kind people that they introduce me too. I’ve got 2 years of playtime built up in me, so I am stretching my legs and being as active as I can be. My heart is not heavy from the past I’ve encountered and I am not aggressive towards people in the slightest. I have been house-trained and over all, I have supreme manners. I’ve been tested with both dogs and cats and I enjoy the company of both. There is a small portion of my head that is indented, likely due to a hard hit as a puppy, but pleas know that I’m not mentally damaged. I want you to know that I Am Love wrapped up in a fur coat. I’m able to Forgive and start over. I hope that you will find it in your heart to walk with me, shelter me, and in turn, allow me to prove to you the many ways that I Love Thee.

http://i.imgur.com/13A0R3U.jpg

And people wonder why I despise humanity :|

jvanorder
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
People that abuse their animals are not people at all. They are monsters. Every single one of our pets are treated like family

minz
04-29-2013, 10:04 PM
The real crime is that these 'people' get away with abusing animals with very little redress, there should be much tougher penalties for animal abusers. :(

Hal-9000
04-29-2013, 10:08 PM
sad read Lance...

I've given some of my 'pet loving' friends shite when they're abusive to pets....they look at me like it's none of my business.

a friend of mine kicked his dog once in front of us.. as a group we told him to either stop it or give us up as friends, he got the message