PDA

View Full Version : Cory Monteith Died of Heroin, Alcohol Overdose, Autopsy Results Confirm

Teh One Who Knocks
07-17-2013, 06:43 PM
By Justin Ravitz - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/tWmxlnb.jpg

Cory Monteith died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose, British Columbia Coroners Service confirmed Tuesday, July 16 in a statement. Found dead at age 31 at his hotel room this past Saturday, the Glee actor "died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the press release reveals, citing an autopsy and toxicological testing.

"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the report continues. "Mr. Monteith's family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death. On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time."

Visiting his mother in the area for the week, the Canadian-born actor was found just past noon inside his room at the Fairmount Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver on Saturday July 13.

Noting that the investigation is "continuing," BC Coroners Service offers "its sincere condolences to Mr. Monteith's family and friends."

The FOX star, who had been frank about his past substance abuse struggles, completed a rehab program this past April, and celebrated his 31st birthday back in May with girlfriend Lea Michele.

deebakes
07-17-2013, 07:57 PM
i guess that's what glee does to you if it doesn't turn you gay :-k

deebakes
07-18-2013, 02:04 AM
:shock:

Hal-9000
07-18-2013, 04:22 AM
guess this closes the speculation about depression or toxins...

holy moly, he did heroin?

I thought he'd be the type to take pills and maybe some booze only...the odd joint sort of thing

Goofy
07-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Who? :-k

Hal-9000
07-18-2013, 04:26 AM
actually...a good character on the show Glee..

He was a football jock that could sing and decided to join the Glee-people, thereby turning himself into a target of schoolwide ridicule and the receiver of slushee-facials in the hallway :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Yeah, pick on the show all you want, but he was a good character and a good actor for the part.

I haven't watched glee for almost 2 seasons now, but those first two years were great and he was a big part of it.

:rip:

Hal-9000
07-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Agreed...the first few seasons were edgier than people realize...especially some of Sue Sylvester's lines :lol:

One thing that bothered me about Glee in general. On the show the Glee people had oodles of talent. If that was real life, other students would be worshiping them...especially someone like Rachel Berry with her singing voice. Instead, they ridicule and torment them constantly :lol:

Hal-9000
07-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Cory was born in my home town and moved to BC. Apparently he had no talent to speak of and 'learned' how to sing and play the drums to get the role...gotta give him props

DemonGeminiX
07-18-2013, 07:18 AM
I just read a really shitty thing regarding this. Apparently they cremated Cory before his father got to see him/his remains for the last time. I just think that's a horrible thing to do to somebody's parent.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2013, 07:43 AM
I just read a really shitty thing regarding this. Apparently they cremated Cory before his father got to see him/his remains for the last time. I just think that's a horrible thing to do to somebody's parent.

:wtf:

How the hell does that happen? Who gave the okay to cremate him?

DemonGeminiX
07-18-2013, 07:59 AM
http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/cory-monteith-cremated-after-autopsy-father-not-invited-1761757.story