PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Cage May Be Investigated for Child Abuse

Teh One Who Knocks
04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
By Stephen M. Silverman - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/xeOP3.jpg

Nicolas Cage may face a child-abuse investigation now that new details from his April 16 arrest in New Orleans following a clash with his wife have emerged from the city's police department.

Because their son, 5-year-old Kal-El, was involved, and, as the police allege, Cage, 47, dropped the child (who then scraped his knee), a child-abuse detective was called to the scene. The detective from the New Orleans police department felt at the time that no further investigation was warranted, but said an investigation could still be pursued by child protective services.

"When the couple arrived at their residence … she parked the vehicle and Mr. Cage retrieved their son," the police report reads. "The arguing continued, and at some point, Mr. Cage fell while holding their son. The fall caused the five (5) year old child to suffer a minor abrasion [on] his left knee, and she then recovered the child."

Child Protective Services did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Earlier, Alice Cage, Nicolas's wife, informed police she and her husband had been arguing on the night of April 15 "due to his intoxicated state" when they went to collect their son from a friend's house.

When police intervened in the skirmish, according to the report, "The sergeant observed an unknown white male [since identified as Cage] yelling, banging on vehicles and attempting to enter a taxi cab … Sergeant Smith drew his Taser E.C.D. [Electronic Control Device] and ordered the subject out of the vehicle. He was yelling, 'Get the police! Get me outta here! She's trying to kill me[!].' "

The report goes on to say Cage "appeared heavily intoxicated, displayed slurred/loud speech and was belligerent." Another officer, identified as K. Eischen, had to stop the actor when he walked away from the Sergeant. Cage was then placed in Eischen's police car.

Alice Cage later told officers that their fight had been over identifying the location of their rented residence in New Orleans.

Hal-9000
04-27-2011, 07:30 PM
if it was an isolated incident and an accident, does that qualify for abuse?

I hate hearing about intoxicated parents harming their kids, whatever the reason.

Muddy
04-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Kal-El.. wtf man..

redred
04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
it's a cut on the knee ffs the kid will walk again

Goofy
04-27-2011, 09:42 PM
:facepalm:

Wait........ lawsuit!! :woot:

St. George
04-28-2011, 08:43 AM
The report goes on to say Cage "appeared heavily intoxicated, displayed slurred/loud speech.

He wasn't pissed. He's been acting like that for years.

Alice Cage later told officers that their fight had been over identifying the location of their rented residence in New Orleans

Arresting him because his wife can't map read. Jesus............

........or maybe he should've just wound the window down and asked for directions. :rolleyes: