PDA

View Full Version : Tip Top! Taylor Swift Leaves $500 Gratuity At Italian Restaurant In Philly

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM
By Melissa Cronin - Radar Online

http://i.imgur.com/imw8OpO.jpg

Taylor Swift is only 23-years-old, but she’s already joined the exalted ranks of Hollywood’s biggest tippers: After treating her dancers and friends to an Italian dinner in Philadelphia on Friday night, she picked up the $800 bill and left a $500 tip on top of that.

Taylor, 18 members of her tour crew, and friends Austin Mahone and Ed Sheeran arrived at Ralph’s Italian Restaurant in Philly shortly after midnight on Friday, just after wrapping up her concert at Lincoln Financial Field.

“Taylor was very, very nice,” the manager, Ron Trombino, tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

“The whole group ordered off the menu, whatever they wanted. Taylor had chicken parmesan.”

Instead of peeing in the kitchen, like one of her peers did recently (ahem, Justin Bieber), Taylor left a great impression on the staff.

“It was a very nice experience, very easy,” Trombino says. “Taylor was really very down to Earth.”

And her $500 tip certainly left an impression. Says Trombino, “Yes, she left a very nice gratuity.”

Taylor continued to share the love on Saturday, when she visited patients at the Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania.

RBP
07-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Eh. A restaurant stays late to accommodate, you should pay extra for that. So she payed $340 over 20% to keep a staff and extra 3-4 hours. That's a cheap deal compared to what other places would charge for that privilege.

Still nice of her, but in context it's not that big of a deal.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2013, 02:08 PM
:-s

http://www.ralphsrestaurant.com/Menu2_1.html

$17 for chicken parm? $22 for veal parm. Wow. It's expensive to eat in the city. Doesn't even look like you get pasta with that. I hate that current trend among the newer Italian places. Pasta doesn't cost anything to make. Neither does tomato sauce. Give them a fucking side of spaghetti and sauce with their gouged entrée price.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-25-2013, 05:50 PM
:hand: Its all carbs, aint nobody got time for dat

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 06:15 PM

http://www.ralphsrestaurant.com/Menu2_1.html

$17 for chicken parm? $22 for veal parm. Wow. It's expensive to eat in the city. Doesn't even look like you get pasta with that. I hate that current trend among the newer Italian places. Pasta doesn't cost anything to make. Neither does tomato sauce. Give them a fucking side of spaghetti and sauce with their gouged entrée price.

:rofl:

don't ever visit Canada....17 bucks for a meal at an upscale Italian restaurant is very cheap in our eyes...

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2013, 06:16 PM
:nono:

You can't have chicken parm without a side of pasta. It's blasphemous. Unless it's a chicken parm sandwich, which is not blasphemous.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
:rofl:

don't ever visit Canada....17 bucks for a meal at an upscale Italian restaurant is very cheap in our eyes...

I don't see how you think it's funny that you get shafted when I get the same thing or better for $12.

That's what you get for living in Canada, you hoser.

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 06:21 PM
let me remember exactly...

last time I was at the Mickey D's drive thru..

One Caesar salad, one cheeseburger, one medium chocolate shake = 13 dollars and change. Yes, it was almost 14 dollars.

and that's a small, crap meal from a fast food place without ze trimmings.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2013, 06:23 PM
And you're laughing at me?

Noilly Pratt
07-25-2013, 06:25 PM
$17 for chicken parm? $22 for veal parm. Wow. It's expensive to eat in the city.

That's only about $5 off our regular price for around here for a Denny's like eatery. Prices around here shot up last year.

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 06:29 PM
And you're laughing at me?

Yes, I am laughing at your claim that a 17 dollar meal in a respected restaurant 'is expensive' along your subsequent suspicion that it didn't even come with a side of pasta :lol:

and then I demonstrated how even our fast food places rape us for meals...

Muddy
07-25-2013, 07:25 PM
17 is cheap for respectable. Going rates about 29 for respectable around my way. entree only.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Yes, I am laughing at your claim that a 17 dollar meal in a respected restaurant 'is expensive' along your subsequent suspicion that it didn't even come with a side of pasta :lol:

and then I demonstrated how even our fast food places rape us for meals...

And again, I can get the same thing or better for less money here where I am, and you're laughing at me? You need to be laughing at yourself. You're getting shafted. So much for the "respectable restaurant".

Hell, I could make chicken parm with pasta from scratch for 4 or more people for less than $15 easy. And I'm completely respectable.

In Philly, $17 for chicken parm without pasta should be grounds for revolution among the Italians. It's an insult. It used to be that you could get far more than just your money's worth in Italian restaurants in Philly... even the "respectable" ones. What they described in this article is a sham.

Ralph's probably not even Italian.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2013, 07:37 PM
17 is cheap for respectable. Going rates about 29 for respectable around my way. entree only.

Yup, look at the prices at The Olive Garden....which is CRAP Italian food...way overpriced for the garbage they serve.

http://i.imgur.com/QE3BJVm.png

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 08:18 PM
And again, I can get the same thing or better for less money here where I am, and you're laughing at me? You need to be laughing at yourself. You're getting shafted. So much for the "respectable restaurant".

Hell, I could make chicken parm with pasta from scratch for 4 or more people for less than $15 easy. And I'm completely respectable.

In Philly, $17 for chicken parm without pasta should be grounds for revolution among the Italians. It's an insult. It used to be that you could get far more than just your money's worth in Italian restaurants in Philly... even the "respectable" ones. What they described in this article is a sham.

Ralph's probably not even Italian.

[-(

and again, you're taking an innocuous comment to a new and different level :lol: Getting shafted on the price of everything does not make me laugh...

Be happy for what you have and quit yer bitchin, moral of the story :x

Check out Amazon.ca and Amazon.com when you're bored...choose the same random items on both sites and then see what we have to endure :(

I do agree though, Ralph seems like a suspicious Italian name...kinda like Wing Chow Duk's Deep Dish Pizza up here :lol:

Muddy
07-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Ralph Macchio isn't the worlds greatest wop?

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Ralph Macchio isn't the worlds greatest wop?

:shock:

world's greatest wop = Francis Sinatra

Muddy
07-25-2013, 08:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7uiPhQs.png

RBP
07-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Does no one else think tip should not qualify her for Nobel peace prize?

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2013, 12:30 AM
The fact that she bought her entire entourage and gave a huge tip was an extremely nice gesture. Hey, she's a star and she's freakin' rich. More power to her.

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2013, 12:47 AM
But I'm still not paying $17 for freakin' Chicken Parm with no pasta. Sham.

[-(

Muddy
07-26-2013, 02:33 AM
But I'm still not paying $17 for freakin' Chicken Parm with no pasta. Sham.

[-(

Stay at Guidos corner dump... :hand:

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2013, 02:41 AM

Dump my ass. Guido's bonafide, and he didn't name his son Ralph. He named him Giuseppe!

Muddy
07-26-2013, 02:48 AM
:lol: I was wondering if I was the only one on tonight..

Hal-9000
07-26-2013, 04:01 AM

Dump my ass. Guido's bonafide, and he didn't name his son Ralph. He named him Giuseppe!

Agreed...guy names his son Giuseppe, I'm eating there every time :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Does no one else think tip should not qualify her for Nobel peace prize?

Yeah! :x We don't need stories of celebs doing nice things! :x I want more stories of douchebags like Bieber pissing in mop buckets for other people to have to clean up! :x

Hal-9000
07-26-2013, 05:39 PM
I coulda sold that pee and quit my job :sad2:

:biebs#1:

RBP
07-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Yeah! :x We don't need stories of celebs doing nice things! :x I want more stories of douchebags like Bieber pissing in mop buckets for other people to have to clean up! :x

Granted, she had a mature gathering that should be admired. But the tip isn't anything special.