PDA

View Full Version : Police: DeLand man sits on baby's head because child would not fall asleep

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
By Patricio G. Balona - Daytona Beach News-Journal

http://i.imgur.com/KWbxbso.jpg

A man unhappy that his 10-month old son would not go to sleep, placed the child face down on a couch and sat on the baby's head, DeLand police investigators said Monday.

Jonathan Savas, 24, who was staying at the home of Irene Hossain at the Sha-De-Land mobile home park in DeLand, was charged with child abuse, an arrest report shows. Savas is being held at the Volusia County branch jail on $50,000 bail.

According to police, Savas, who is currently homeless, showed up at Hossain's West Carroll Avenue home late Thursday, with the baby that did not have any clothes on.

The baby would not go to sleep so Savas placed the child on the couch about 12:30 a.m. Friday and sat on the child's head and was holding him down, police said.

Hossain intervened and told Savas to stop. Savas replied “it's my baby I can do whatever I want,” while the child screamed throughout the incident, the arrest report states. But he stopped and the child was unhurt.

Hossain said she did not call police immediately because she was afraid of what Savas might do to her. When police later found Savas he told officers he disciplined the baby but would not go into detail, DeLand police said.

Savas later admitted that because the baby would not go to sleep, he put the child face down on the couch and placed his leg on top of the baby to hold him down in attempt to make the child go to sleep, police said.

Savas said the child began to struggle and cry hysterically because he did not want to go to sleep, the report shows.

A hypodermic needle, baggies and a pill container were found in Savas' backpack, police said.

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 11:08 PM
just give the baby to a caring adoptive couple...this guy wasn't trying to make it sleep...stupid fuckstick

Muddy
07-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Did that quiet him down?

deebakes
07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
at least he lived :shrug: