PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Fluke blames Weiner sexting scandal on GOP.

Southern Belle
07-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Sandra Fluke blames Anthony #Weiner sexting scandal on . . .

. . . you guessed it, “conservative, evangelical, Tea Party Republicans.”

Speaking to an Emily’s List fundraiser, Fluke said that “GOP efforts to limit the availability of birth control” were “directly responsible for Weiner’s behavior.”

“What men, and women want, above all is SAFE sex. It’s our constitutional right. So now the GOP is limiting our access to both birth control AND abortion on demand. So a poor person like me, I can’t afford to have sex, unless it’s unprotected, and if a poor person accidentally gets pregnant, it’s now almost impossible to get an abortion.”

“That’s why so many men and women are resorting to sexting. It’s safe sex. The ultimate safe sex.”

“And now we’re hypocritically blaming this poor guy Weiner for basically trying to do the right thing. It makes no sense whatsoever. It just goes to show how Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, and the rest of the Tea Party are messing up this country. Weiner’s a good guy, he’s my hero. I hope he wins, he’ll makes a great mayor, and I’m going up to NYC this weekend to campaign for him.”

I hope that the reader will pardon me if I just break out laughing in the middle of this. A student who can afford Georgetown University’s law school is a “poor person” who can’t afford birth control? It was noted that the Target store about three miles from that campus was selling birth control pills to women without health insurance for a whopping $9.00 a month. Maybe if the lovely Miss Fluke skips two margaritas a month, she can afford not to get knocked up.

As for the little Weiner, it’s kind of silly to hold that he needed to “sext” — and Patterico has some of his best ones! — because he’s afraid of some poor woman getting pregnant because she might not have birth control due to the wicked Republicans, because he’s a married man! If he is horny, he has a wife, a rather attractive wife, to whom he can turn.

Southern Belle
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
She's a law student? :roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2013, 04:21 PM
So a poor person like me, I can’t afford to have sex, unless it’s unprotected, and if a poor person accidentally gets pregnant, it’s now almost impossible to get an abortion.”

:-s

This is from the local Planned Parenthood here in metro Denver:

Prices and Payment Information

Price ranges for our birth control methods are:

birth control implant - $817
birth control patch (Ortho Evra) - $48
birth control pill - Please contact this health center for birth control pill pricing information.
birth control shot - $89
birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing) - $46
diaphragm - $30 ($80 visit fee for fitting)
condom - $0.60
female condom - $6 for 3
emergency contraception (morning after pill) - $38 plus tax
IUD (Mirena) - $520
IUD (ParaGard) - $520
spermicide - $0.75-$10
birth control methods may require an office visit fee - $50

She can't afford 60 cents for a condom? :roll:

Hal-9000
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
isn't this guy married? ...to the same wife he had during the first scandal?

what is it with politician's wives when their hubby's get busted for adultery?

Hilary and Weiner's wife - Sure, embarrass me nationally, it's ok hun :tup:

Southern Belle
07-26-2013, 12:08 AM
I don't know wtf with Fluke claiming she's poor or the wife putting up with his shit.

Southern Belle
07-26-2013, 12:53 AM
“What men, and women want, above all is SAFE sex. It’s our constitutional right."

Maybe she should read the Constitution.

DemonGeminiX
07-26-2013, 12:55 AM
:rofl:

Yeah, I can see the Framers talking about the right to safe sex.

Southern Belle
07-26-2013, 03:22 AM
I can't believe the stupid shit people say.