PDA

View Full Version : Reporter Fired for Posting Candid ‘Confessions’ On Her Personal Blog

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Neetzan Zimmerman - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/nVdO80S.jpg

Investigative reporter Shea Allen of the Huntsville, Alabama-based ABC affiliate WAAY-TV got a bit too free with her speech for her employer's comfort late last week when she posted a series of candid "confessions" to her private blog.

Titled “Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter,” the post consists of ten too-hot-for-TV revelations about Allen's behind-the-scenes insecurities and improprieties:

http://i.imgur.com/j35JDSn.png

Shortly after publishing the post, Allen was pressured by her employer to remove it, and she did.

For a time: Within hours the post was back up with a prefix — "No Apologies" — and a disclaimer.

This post was taken down because I was momentarily misguided about who I am and what I stand for. To clarify, I make no apologies for the following re-post. It’s funny, satirical and will likely offend some of the more conservative folks. But it isn’t fake and its a genuine look into my slightly twisted psyche.

Here’s the thing, I’ve vowed to always fight for the right of free expression. It’s allowed, no matter what the profession. I pride myself in having earned the respect of many because I make no apologies for the truth and hold nothing back. I don’t fight for things because they serve me, I fight for them because they are right. Sources trust me because I am an unadulterated version of the truth. I won’t ever bend just because its popular to do so and I’m not bending now.

Allen revealed this morning that was "terminated without cause" for the post. "If I'm going to take a stand on transparency, I gotta tell the whole story," Allen tweeted.

We've reached out to WAAY and are awaiting their response.

Hal-9000
07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
it all seems pretty tame to me...

she might have left out the bit about stealing mail though :lol:

Goofy
07-30-2013, 06:50 PM
She looks pretty cute :tup:

perrhaps
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
She looks pretty cute :tup:

Only on the left side of her face.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2013, 07:03 PM
it all seems pretty tame to me...

she might have left out the bit about stealing mail though :lol:

You probably shouldn't admit that you sleep while you are on the clock, pretty sure most employers would frown on that :-k

Plus #9 basically says that you have no respect for the job you are doing. She's a field reporter, it's not her job to decide when to stop filming something/someone.

Hal-9000
07-30-2013, 07:13 PM
I've taken naps on the forklift....what's the big deal? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2UosmYi.jpg

:-k

Meh, I've seen better.

Hal-9000
07-30-2013, 07:27 PM
ya, I think her frontside is the bad one :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Now that we actually see her, hell I'd fire her for thinking she's all that and a bucket of a biscuits, because she's not.

:lol:

Hal-9000
07-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Termination reason : You're not all that hot.

good luck in your next career :lol: