PDA

View Full Version : Selena Gomez Scores First No. 1 Album, Knocks Jay Z Out of Top Spot

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2013, 04:12 PM
by Peter Gicas - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/LKbnOTQ.jpg

When Selena Gomez belted out "Come & Get It," her fans obviously did just that.

The pop singer's Stars Dance has become the No.1 album on the Billboard 200 after selling 97,000 copies in its first week.

As a result, Jay Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail fell to No. 2 after a two-week reign.

It's definitely a milestone for the gal.

After all, it is the first time one of Gomez's albums has topped the charts, and, according to Billboard, she is the youngest solo female artist to hit No. 1 since BFF Taylor Swift in 2010.

Not a bad birthday gift for someone who just turned 21 last week.

Looks like Gomez now has something else to celebrate!

Muddy
08-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Jay-Z... :roll:

Goofy
08-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Says it all about chart music these days :lol: "Shite" takes the top spot from "shite"............ bring back real music please :x

Hal-9000
08-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Says it all about chart music these days :lol: "Shite" takes the top spot from "shite"............ bring back real music please :x

tried to explain this to my nephew last weekend....back in the day music was only on the radio. People had to go out and buy the LP's...so charts back then as opposed to now are completely different. 10 million kids can download a song from their pc's or phones and that kinda skews the statistics.

little bugger's reply to me - Sooo Uncle hal, didn't you have 8 track tapes too? :)

:slap:

Goofy
08-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Yep, back in the 60s/70s a single had to sell over a million copies to get near the top of the UK charts! 20 or 30k downloads and they hit #1 now :|