PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Murder Same as Real Murder, Claims Pat Robertson

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Y9pbaYo.png

Today on the 700 Club, Pat Robertson was asked by a viewer if playing pretend video games was seen as sinful by God.

"What do you think the bible has to say about video games? Is there a way to interpret the Bible for 'virtual sins? I'm not the type of person who would do half of these things in games in real life, but does God see it as a sin if we enjoy them in a virtual setting?" asked the viewer.

The Bible never mentions imaginary scenarios involving imaginary sins.

"Jesus said, 'if you look upon a woman with thoughts lust in your heart, you've committed adultery with her, ' so that's a virtual sin," said Robertson, noted MediaMatters.org (video below).

However, Jesus never mentioned looking upon an imaginary woman, but was referring to real women.

Robertson then admitted he had never actually played a video game, but added, "I think mayhem, killing, Grand Theft Auto, they get pretty bizarre. So if you're murdering somebody in cyberspace in a sense you're performing the act, whether you like it or not."

In 2005, Robertson supported real-life killing in the form of the Iraq War and claimed anyone who dared to even criticize the war was actually committing "treason" against the United States.

deebakes
08-05-2013, 02:34 PM
:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
WHy is this idiot still living

deebakes
08-05-2013, 03:54 PM
:jesus:

Hal-9000
08-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I've killed thousands of terrorists, color and race unimportant :woot: