View Full Version : The Big Fat Fatty $50 sandwich at Fat Sal's; only one way to get it for free

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
By Jenn Harris - The Los Angeles Times

http://i.imgur.com/V7aVMUy.jpg

Imagine every fast-food item you've ever loved together in one sandwich. Such a thing exists, and it's called the Big Fat Fatty.

It's on the menu at Fat Sal's, the over-the-top sandwich shop started by "Entourage" star Jerry Ferrara, Josh Stone and Sal Capek that recently opened a location in Hollywood (They have others in Westwood and San Diego). And yes, that's the real name, and this sandwich deserves nothing less.

Let us break this bad boy down for you. It's got cheesesteak, cheese burgers, pastrami, chicken fingers, bacon, mozzarella sticks, fried eggs, jalapeno poppers, fries, onion rings, chili, marinara and fat sauce. Oh, and it comes on a 27-inch garlic bread roll.

The sandwich looks like every fast-food restaurant in the nation collided with a semi truck and had a big, fat baby, then covered that baby with French fries and pink sauce. Is anyone sweating yet?

The sandwich costs $49.99, and you can only order it if you're up for the eating challenge -- if you can finish it in 40 minutes or less, the sandwich is free.

Only a few people have ever finished the challenge successfully. One person, Jaime, got to create a custom sandwich and name it. The "Fat Jaime" is on par with the Big Fat Fatty with grilled ham, chicken fingers, grilled jalapenos and onions, melted mozzarella, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, fries, fresh lime juice, mayo and Tapitio on a hero roll.

And if you're still hungry for dessert, you can order one of Fat Sal's "scrumptious spoon-in shakes." Scrumptious spoon-in translates to sweet-cavity-and-food-coma-inducing-good. Flavors include the No. 5 with vanilla ice cream, a whole slice of New York cheesecake, strawberries and graham cracker crumbs, and the No. 1 with chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, roasted peanuts and sea salt.

Before you get a heart attack just reading this, it should be noted that they're also serving up salads.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2013, 03:46 PM
This isnt far from me, but it doesn't even sound good

Hal-9000
08-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I'll have a Big Fat Fatty, a Spoon-In shake...and oh yeah, a small salad please :)

Noilly Pratt
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
...and a diet Coke...I'm watching my weight! :)

This sounds like something I ate on a dare when I was 20. A bunch of my friends and I ate at a restaurant called Fresgos...(GF might know this one). They give massive portions for cheap and are located in the divey-est places of the Lower Mainland (the area which we live in).

When everyone was about to leave, they put all the stuff together and dared everyone to eat a mouthful. I took them up on it, got the $20 but felt awful for the rest of the evening.